• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Pretty remarkable we are 11-7 with how much key pieces are struggling. Goes to show what playing defense can do. Last year we needed every single player hitting on all cylanders to guarantee a dub. 

Again I gotta give some props to “A.Ho” lol.  He’s been solid as a BU defender at the point.

Obviously a different unit defensively when Clint is healthy and spry.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
Just now, benhillboy said:

Again I gotta give some props to “A.Ho” lol.  He’s been solid as a BU defender at the point.

I don't like him as a regular rotation guy tbh, at least not so far. He played a lot better on paper last year so maybe he deserves more time to see if he can get going. His defense is his saving grace though. 

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

No its his brain...Stop shooting 3's John!  Same with you Murray!  If you can't hit 31% of your 3's stop shooting them boys!

If they are leaving him that wide open, after our guards break down the defense, he needs to shoot them.  He'll start making them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Hawks have him stationed at the 3pt line like he is a traditional stretch 4 like a David Bertans where that is his specialty. That's not JCs greatest strength but that now seems to be his role in this offense. Any game where he's relegated to taking more 3s than 2s isn't the best use of his skillset.

Exactly 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

If they are leaving him that wide open, after our guards break down the defense, he needs to shoot them.  He'll start making them. 

Again, stop hanging out at the 3 point line if you can't hit your 3's!  Go to your strengths not your weaknesses

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Do you think it's his finger? His midrange seems to becoming back. 

It's how he's getting lined up. He's just not lining up confidently. Look at Aaron who is but wasn't till tonight. John gotta get setup correctly feet and body wise. 

• Like 3

I got hope for JC, I don’t think the finger is an issue.  His FT shooting is at a career high (low volume but still ridiculous at 92%), it’ll translate to the field for a nice stretch at some point.

That face up wing 17 footer is his sweet spot that the offense should feature a bit more especially if Clint has good offensive board or tap out position.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Again, stop hanging out at the 3 point line if you can't hit your 3's!  Go to your strengths not your weaknesses

That's a coaching.  His strengths aligns with what Capela does best.  If he moves there, the lane will be crowded for everyone. 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Everybody outside of Trae and Capella in the starting lineup has been a major disappointment. I mean I guess Hunter has been Hunter but most of us probably expected for him to look more like the sophomore version but looks like we may never get that version. 

AJG is probably this team's second best offensive weapon after Trae Young. I guess you can view that as a compliment to AJG. But it's also a stinging indictment against DJM, Collins, and Dre's output. Whatever their struggles are, a 19 year old rookie shouldn't look like he should be getting more minutes than all 3 of those dudes.........

• Like 1

Loved the energy we played with in the final minutes to get the dub.Stopped their winning streak and stepped up defensively, hopefully it continues against Houston.

• Like 3