Cooper gone

Mays gone

Cam gone

Pierce gone

Hunter to be seen 

OO doesn't play enough 

Jalen to be seen

Griffin is a hit

Schlenk is given a generous 30% from the field. 

JC trade block every year =  Correct move.  JC should not be given away for scraps

Trae/Luka, I mean you couldn't miss. It was an underhanded toss = From an impact standpoint, it's an even trade right now.  Trae has still done something that Luka hasn't, and that's win a game in the Conference Finals.  Luka will win his MVP this year ( with his 38.5% usage rate ), while his team may not even get out of the 1st round.

Heurter is gone = Definitely a bad move, if it was only made to keep from paying Luxury Tax.  Then again, if Huerter was here, AJ is probably not playing

Spellman gone = End of 1st round pick . . only value was his shooting, which never translated to the NBA

Bruno gone = 2nd round pick. Should've kept around as a 3rd center, but his departure led to Okongwu being the bonafide 2nd center

Cooper gone = 2nd round pick. No jumpshot. Need to get in the gym with his sister to work on his shooting

Mays gone = 2nd round pick.  Always a 3rd team type of guy.  Is he even in the league right now?

Cam gone = Definition of a pick made for potential because he seemed to have all the tools, except BBIQ. He was the best player available on the board at that time.  Now, the best players drafted after Cam are Tyler Herro, Keldon Johnson, and Jordan Poole.

Pierce gone = Correct move to let him go at the time. Was hired as a developmental coach, which I think he did pretty good.

Hunter to be seen = He's not a bust.  He's Marvin 2.0 . . . and that's OK.

OO doesn't play enough = Needs to improve his shooting and prove that he can play the 4 if need be. Still a good asset so far.

Jalen to be seen = Agreed

Griffin is a hit = So far, yes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StonedDogs said:

JC trade block every year - that is not a strike out. Still one of the better players drafted.

Trae/Luka, I mean you couldn't miss. It was an underhanded toss.- could have drafted mo bamba but didn't. Therefore, not a strikeout.

Heurter is gone - that seemed more like an ownership decision, but Schlenk still drafted him and Kev played well above his draft slot.

Spellman gone - agreed.

Bruno gone - 2nd round pick and how many gms hit on those?

Cooper gone - 2nd round pick see above.

Mays gone - second round pick see above. Although Mays gave us some good minutes.

Cam gone - Cam didn't want to be here, but you can call it a strike.

Pierce gone - what does this have to do with drafting players and it was the right decision based on the teams run to the ECF.

Hunter to be seen - agreed, but he is still not a bust. So not a strikeout.

OO doesn't play enough - because there is a better center in front of him so having 48 minutes of quality center play is a good thing. Not a strike.

Jalen to be seen- agreed.

Griffin is a hit - thus far a home run, but he will struggle at some point. I hope he doesn't, but all players do.

Schlenk is given a generous 30% from the field. - you threw in none drafted related things to get to 30%. He has hit on mostly all his first round picks.  When considering seconds he is hitting about 50% which is fantastic from a team building stand point.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

JC trade block every year

Trae/Luka, I mean you couldn't miss. It was an underhanded toss

Heurter is gone

Spellman gone

Bruno gone

Cooper gone

Mays gone

Cam gone

Pierce gone

Hunter to be seen 

OO doesn't play enough 

Jalen to be seen

Griffin is a hit

Schlenk is given a generous 30% from the field. 

He hit on the most important thing, getting a franchise player.  In hindsight you can say Luka would have been better, but we still got a generational talent. 
Since Trae was drafted, there's Ja and Luka as the only other guys you would possibly consider taking over Trae.  

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When Supes starts cussing at you, you posted something good. 

The fact that he's at the bottom percentile of ALL of those advanced metrics you just listed, means that Dre isn't great at anything.  Nada.  He's that B- / C+ student in high school that teachers see potential in, and tries to encourage him to try harder to make better grades.  But Dre is content with being that B- student, because it's a passing grade, and he's not willing to put in the extra effort to be great at even one thing.

So once again, great post.

Just accept that he's a low energy player that just tries to do his job.  Nothing more.  He's going to make very few game changing plays on both ends of the floor.  He's just going to be solid on most nights.  And he doesn't strive to be great at anything.

As long as we have 3 - 4 other players who are capable to play at a high level on any given night, what Dre is doing is OK.

Cherish what you see here, because you may never see this out of Dre ever again.  AJ will have a game like this before Dre ever does in the future.

This is such a bad take. Hunter doesn't get the ball enough to do anything more in the offense on a regular basis. Obviously Dre isn't going to start averaging 30 points if he played on a different team, but he could do more if this offense diversified. So long as our offense remains heliocentric, playing next to Trae will diminish players because their opportunities become dependent on what Trae is able to generate for everyone. And that's not a criticism of Trae, that's on coaching.

Supes already pointed it out, but we are dead last in passes per game. That's the biggest problem holding us back. The offense relies too much on Trae and Murray to create scoring opportunities and everyone is suffering for it. Despite the talent we have, we're not generating enough good looks with ball movement. Our evolution from having a heliocentric revolving around Trae was to just add a second Sun in Murray, and it's not working.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Supes already pointed it out, but we are dead last in passes per game. That's the biggest problem holding us back. The offense relies too much on Trae and Murray to create scoring opportunities and everyone is suffering for it. Despite the talent we have, we're not generating enough good looks with ball movement. Our evolution from having a heliocentric revolving around Trae was to just add a second Sun in Murray, and it's not working.

Ask your namesake Nathan.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When Supes starts cussing at you, you posted something good. 

Find me another player that gets paid $20M and ranks as low as Hunter on advanced stats.  Probably does not exist.  Who are all of these “low stock” players outside of journeymen?  
Pepsi challenge to any Hunter fan.  Find one NBA player with an equal or higher salary that you think is worth their contract and ranks as low as Hunter on advanced stats.  

41 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Find me another player that gets paid $20M and ranks as low as Hunter on advanced stats.  Probably does not exist.  Who are all of these “low stock” players outside of journeymen?  
Pepsi challenge to any Hunter fan.  Find one NBA player with an equal or higher salary that you think is worth their contract and ranks as low as Hunter on advanced stats.  

Hunter doesn't make $20 million.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Hunter doesn't make $20 million.

Right, so he's gonna blossom and his entire trajectory changes this year.  Next year he'll be a whole different player.  Those are the hopes that keep getting people in to trouble.  

Find a guy who gets paid $9M who gets 30 minutes a game with advanced stats as low as his.  I'm honestly curious if there is any statistical equivalent to Hunter.  

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Right, so he's gonna blossom and his entire trajectory changes this year.  Next year he'll be a whole different player.  Those are the hopes that keep getting people in to trouble.  

Find a guy who gets paid $9M who gets 30 minutes a game with advanced stats as low as his.  I'm honestly curious if there is any statistical equivalent to Hunter.  

Literally just Cam atm 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Nope just stating a fact. 

$20 million will be the new average starter money. So for maybe one season he maybe over paid and if he does blossom the contract will be fine.

hace 18 minutos, Final_quest dijo:

There are some, Michael Porter Jr, Gary Trent, Ross, Keegan Murray, Lebron, Bey, Norman Powell, Joe Harris, Vanderbilt, Advija, Gordon Hayward, Terrence Mann, sure you would have changed some of them for Hunter.

Edited by gurpilo

43 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nope just stating a fact. 

$20 million will be the new average starter money. So for maybe one season he maybe over paid and if he does blossom the contract will be fine.

Atlantaholic answered the actual question, and of course the answer is Cam.  I wasn't asking if he will be overpaid.  Our franchise needs to win.  If we collect players who barely meet the equivalent of an average NBA starter, how does that translate to winning?  I'm basically asking if another player exists that contributes to a winning team that also grades as low as Hunter on advanced stats.  

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Atlantaholic answered the actual question, and of course the answer is Cam.  I wasn't asking if he will be overpaid.  Our franchise needs to win.  If we collect players who barely meet the equivalent of an average NBA starter, how does that translate to winning?  I'm basically asking if another player exists that contributes to a winning team that also grades as low as Hunter on advanced stats.  

Yeah, but advanced stats don't win games. Hunter is a role player. As long as he fulfills his role we will be good.