• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And for those of you who hate the 💣 . . . he's 12 - 2 on the season on shots behind the line that I drew, which is about 30 feet out.

image.png.b54d14c91b4b8cc8665e229cf758581c.png

We're at a point where we need to have a conversation about Trae's shot selection.  I'm fine with the bombs and always have been.  I'd prefer he not use that shot to get into a rhythm, but that's my only real issue there.  My concern is with misses between your line and the 3pt line.  A lot of those are those contested step backs and rushed bricks early in the shot clock.  Those are wasted possessions and we're not going to win the games that matter like that.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That's a coaching.  His strengths aligns with what Capela does best.  If he moves there, the lane will be crowded for everyone. 

Who cares...Its better than taking a shot that you are making 25% of the time!  A tleast if the lane is crowded, there is a chance for an offensive rebound of a missed shot.  With those bricks from 3, there is no chance and most likely leads to a fast break the other way.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Deandre Hunter with 10 rebounds! Just noticed that. If he can score and rebound, I will be happy with him.  Also, would like him to move the ball a little more instead of getting it and trying to score every time. 

He needs to rebound and get to the line. As far as moving the ball every time he dribbles and tries to pass it's comedy. It's just not within his skill set. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Valid point, but catch and shoot is generally better than off the dribble for him.

Just struggling this season.

Yea for sure but there's literally no one within ten feet of him so figure he can take a dribble, gather, bake a cake, read Don quijote and take a more makable shot. 

• Premium Member

Great win tonight. And it was pretty because we won. Lol. Everybody is not going to have it going every night, but it appears we have a team where others step when some are struggling. That is a sign of a good team. At this point, we have seen everyone play well individually at some point and everyone struggle individually at another and yet we are the 6th best team in the league with more than 60 games to go. The only thing we haven’t seen is Bogi in the mix. It will take him about 20 games to get in rhythm and hopefully we can maintain a winning record while he adjusts. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Wretch said:

We're at a point where we need to have a conversation about Trae's shot selection.  I'm fine with the bombs and always have been.  I'd prefer he not use that shot to get into a rhythm, but that's my only real issue there.  My concern is with misses between your line and the 3pt line.  A lot of those are those contested step backs and rushed bricks early in the shot clock.  Those are wasted possessions and we're not going to win the games that matter like that.

Trae will always be judged differently on this site.  Dre had a double double and played good defense but the site will always nic pick him.  Trae can go 1-8 from from 3 with half of them ill-advised but no one blinks an eye here only to blame others because he apparently has to take tougher 3's because of his teammates.  There is no middle ground here so if you expect an honest discussion about the Hawks on this site, you're wasting your time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who cares...Its better than taking a shot that you are making 25% of the time!  A tleast if the lane is crowded, there is a chance for an offensive rebound of a missed shot.  With those bricks from 3, there is no chance and most likely leads to a fast break the other way.

Looking at his shooting splits (not to even mention turnovers), he’s only efficient at the rim. That’s it. Shooting 40% from mid range is nothing to design your offense around. He has to shoot those threes.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Hunter career PER of 11 with a negative +- every year and averages under 4 rebounds for his career with a TS% of around 54%. Trae was the second player in NBA HISTORY to lead the league in assists and points and gets more double doubles in a week than Hunter has for his career.  I wonder why he gets more respect mind boggling homersim it must be. 

Its not about a career when evaluating a player's performance in a game.  This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Its mind boggling to me to watch a player have a horrific game and give him a pass while others have great game and are given them no credit.  This by definition is homer ism. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, terrell said:

Who do we hide Trae on tonight defensively?

Fox? Hell no. He's all yours DJM. Good luck.....

Huerter? 

Murrray?

Barnes?

That would be sweet...

Hide Trae on?  You really think he is a liability on this team?  Both those boys scored below their season averages while Trae dropped a cool 33. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Its not about a career when evaluating a player's performance in a game.  This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Its mind boggling to me to watch a player have a horrific game and give him a pass while others have great game and are given them no credit.  This by definition is homer ism. 

This game, 13 points on 11 shots, 1-4 on threes. Omg but he had ten (!) boards for the first time in 50 games. MVP, player of the game. Trade Trae and run the offense through this man. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

This game, 13 points on 11 shots, 1-4 on threes. Omg but he had ten (!) boards for the first time in 50 games. MVP, player of the game. Trade Trae and run the offense through this man. 

More goofy takes...They are pretty common on this message board.  No one is saying that Dre had a great game but his play didn't deserve the criticism that he has received.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Deandre Hunter with 10 rebounds! Just noticed that. If he can score and rebound, I will be happy with him.  Also, would like him to move the ball a little more instead of getting it and trying to score every time. 

When Hunter get the ball, he's not passing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1