• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It does to a degree. I don't think the Hawks were being lazy. They were just getting whooped on the perimeter. Aaron Holiday and Hunter was the only two I seen consistently defending their ass off and Aaron was fouling because Houston got some tremendous offensive 1 v 1 players. Hard to guard those guys. Murray was getting cooked and Trae was getting raped. It was a struggle for Griffin as well. JJ showed some positive things on D but he was terrible offensively. It was one of them nights where the guys who played D sucked on O and the guys who sucked on O was great on D then it all fell apart at the end. What hurt us the most was Frank minutes. He was trash on both ends and killed our units. Other than him, it was just a rough night. Honestly, this is a 10 point win with Capela but like I said, if you gotta have Clint to win games, you aren't good enough. 

This is the Harden-Westbrook Rockets all over again. To a T.

Man full stop. This is the 21-22 Hawks to a T.

• Thanks 1

Just now, terrell said:

Yall dont wont to here this,especially Northcyde, but

It will be hard for any non pg to produce on this team. Trae eats the ball for an entire possession and then expects the other 4 players to play 4 on 5 on defense. Then wants to outshine his teammates.

Hunter and Collins are doomed because you rarely tocuh the ball, and can't get a rhythm. James Harden Jr.

With that said Dre and JC are mid as hell....

I'm telling you, it's a consequence of the design of the offense. Trae isn't a selfish player, but if there is no movement off the ball then he has to look for his own shot first and pass only if a help defender comes. Same for Murray and Hunter. We are creating very few opportunities for ourselves via player movement and its a joke because we've got good passers that can get the ball moving.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Man full stop. This is the 21-22 Hawks to a T.

I had season tickets to that squad. These two are so similar. It's obvious to that this shit ain't gonna work. While I do think Trae and Murray can work, I don't know what else can work with them. It's kinda hard to be honestly. Murray needs spacing which we saw tonight he had it but at what cost. We lost rebounding and size.

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

2 biggest detriments to the offense are Nate and Trae

What a shame smh

True.  The unfortunate part is that rather than make relatively minor changes to his game, Trae only hears something that offends him, and draws into a shell, and refuses to shoot.  I don't understand why he can't respond in a balanced manner.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I hope Trae and Murray are happy with their pretty stats. They were so happy to get those points , they forgot to get their teammates involved. Everyone else were out of rhythm. 

14 damn Team Assists

Horrible basketball

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

True.  The unfortunate part is that rather than make relatively minor changes to his game, Trae only hears something that offends him, and draws into a shell, and refuses to shoot.  I don't understand why he can't respond in a balanced manner.

Dude is sensitive as hell

That pouting shit as a grown man is embarrassing

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

I disagree. Frank was out of position on several defensive possessions. He didn't make an attempt to rebound the entire game. Nate's choice to change Lloyd Pierces offensive scheme and development staff has haunted this team since he officially took over. Nate was an assistant for a reason. 

Anyone saying Frank wasn't a critical issue tonight doesn't understand Basketball. He was f***ing up the rotations and offensively, he was too slow to our actions. Frank definitely was the weakest link tonight and f***ed us over in his minutes. I still think he should be cut and playing in Taiwan with Dwight

Just now, Watchman said:

Real teams move the ball.  We play one on one.  It's boring, and it's a loser's game.

We only move the ball when Trae is cold.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I had season tickets to that squad. These two are so similar. It's obvious to that this shit ain't gonna work. While I do think Trae and Murray can work, I don't know what else can work with them. It's kinda hard to be honestly. Murray needs spacing which we saw tonight he had it but at what cost. We lost rebounding and size.

Schlenk just throwing darts and see what sticks at this point...

5 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I mean do you really want hunter and Collins shooting more? 

We want more shots from guys who can't create shit?

Yes. I do. I at least want them to have a lot more touches. We didn't have Clint tonight, we should have played through JC

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I mean do you really want hunter and Collins shooting more? 

We want more shots from guys who can't create shit?

You can get them easier shot opportunities by getting players moving off the ball and exploiting defensive lapses. They may not be our best offensive players but they're clearly not useless. Who wants to play on a team where two players are taking 52 shots? That's garbage basketball and it's not like the Rockets forced us to play through two guys.

• Like 4