• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Peo is right, imo, that we will struggle hard this year when Hunter is unavailable. Our record from a couple years ago without him isn’t really relevant to this team.

We are single spooled on big defensive wings and without him the D doesn’t function correctly.  Hunter is also having his best overall season even if it hasn’t been the full breakout some expected.

Missing Hunter is like missing both CC and OO.  Things are not going to work well at a fundamental level.  Expect a bad record without him rest of the way.  No more so than in matchups like this where the opponent’s best weapons are a pair of wings ala Lavine and DD.

Not to mention 2 years ago Dre was hurt most of the season even when he played and Bogi was playing like Linsanity for 2 months.

2 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

It's rarely going to be all of Trae's fault. This team isn't built properly.

It's so frustrating because during the Ferry teams you had a team that was structured in terms of a system they ran, but they didn't have the solo ability to make plays when the system didn't work 

But now you have a team that has a few players that can break down defenses, but in terms of offensive structure the team basically operates like a NBA 2k gamer that understands basic pick n roll plays and a few other plays.

This team would be much better if you had a Millsap or Horford in Collins place. 

This team doesn't rank very high to me in terms of having a high BB IQ.

This is fair.  I can't argue this.

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I expected the Hawks to have an on-and-off relationship with .500 ball but the fact they have the 22nd rated strength of schedule so far makes it sting a bit.  The strive for mediocrity is starting to become impressive at this point lol.

We've been pretty much a .500 team or worse since Schlenk(Trae) took over besides flukey covid season... Heck we Even started out 14-20 that year... 

29-53

20-47

41-31(flukey covid season)

43-39(embarrassed in Playoffs)

24-24(no better than last year even after adding Murray)

We're trending in the wrong direction..

Flukey playoff run was the worst thing that could happen to this team.

Gave out stupid contracts and Trae got the BIG head... smh

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not to mention that 2 years ago, Dre was hurt most of the season even when he played and Bogi was playing like Linsanity for 2 months.

Dre being hurt doesn't mean much as far as the team's record without him unless the idea is that he was hurt so much that they had more time to adjust to it.  To me, the difference is more that he plays a bigger role on the team this year (which makes his absence a bigger deal) and that when he was hurt 2 years ago we had a combination of Huerter, Bogi, Cam and Snell to fill in and all of them are significantly more effective on defense than 2022 Bogi, JHol or....ummmm.....  I guess Griffin is the also an option but he just doesn't fill Hunter's role.  That is too much to ask of a rookie SG to fill in for your key big wing on defense.

In the absence of a trade to bring in a competent 3&D big wing, Hunter is irreplaceable with the current roster construction.  

• Like 1

Lineup combinations

Only 6 of our top 20 5-man lineup combos in minutes, produce a positive number per 100 possessions.  One of those lineups contain Justin Holiday.  This ironically was the bench lineup we started the season with, and they played good defense.

Murray and Trae are together in 4 of those top 6 lineups.  The biggest failure lineup when Murray and Trae are together, is when they're paired with Bogi, Hunter, and Okongwu.

image.thumb.png.63d14bede1bdb931b40530b066b77555.png

2-man combos

Bogi's 2 man combos are highly concerning. The one guy that we thought we needed back in the mix to help stabilize us, has been one of the worst on the floor guys we have on the team.  And his number when paired with either Murray or Trae, are atrocious.

image.png.d1acb7975e7ece5a9db4c7730dacc548.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

We're blaming the shooting coach now? Come on, he's just having a bad year. It happens. 

Thought you were on my ignore list how did you see this.

and yes.. blaming the shooting coach. His shot form looks a bit different than usual.

Like some basketball geniuses would try to change AJ’s shot saying it’s ugly or not perfect form…

Who gives a crap it goes in.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lineup combinations

Only 6 of our top 20 5-man lineup combos in minutes, produce a positive number per 100 possessions.  One of those lineups contain Justin Holiday.  This ironically was the bench lineup we started the season with, and they played good defense.

Murray and Trae are together in 4 of those top 6 lineups.  The biggest failure lineup when Murray and Trae are together, is when they're paired with Bogi, Hunter, and Okongwu.

2-man combos

Bogi's 2 man combos are highly concerning. The one guy that we thought we needed back in the mix to help stabilize us, has been one of the worst on the floor guys we have on the team.  And his number when paired with either Murray or Trae, are atrocious.

I'm assuming you are not drawing any conclusions from this data since some line ups have played a lot of minutes together and others relatively few minutes together and none of the data takes into account the competition.

• Confused 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I'm assuming you are not drawing any conclusions from this data since some line ups have played a lot of minutes together and others relatively few minutes together and none of the data takes into account the competition.

When did you come back. When JC got his head out his a$$? 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Dre being hurt doesn't mean much as far as the team's record without him unless the idea is that he was hurt so much that they had more time to adjust to it.  To me, the difference is more that he plays a bigger role on the team this year (which makes his absence a bigger deal) and that when he was hurt 2 years ago we had a combination of Huerter, Bogi, Cam and Snell to fill in and all of them are significantly more effective on defense than 2022 Bogi, JHol or....ummmm.....  I guess Griffin is the also an option but he just doesn't fill Hunter's role.  That is too much to ask of a rookie SG to fill in for your key big wing on defense.

In the absence of a trade to bring in a competent 3&D big wing, Hunter is irreplaceable with the current roster construction.  

You might want to reread what I wrote but the easy translation is Dre's health affected his play and bogi played way over his head for 2 months with Dre out.

45 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not to mention 2 years ago Dre was hurt most of the season even when he played and Bogi was playing like Linsanity for 2 months.

"Dre was hurt"

You dont say....................

• Haha 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You might want to reread what I wrote but the easy translation is Dre's health affected his play and bogi played way over his head for 2 months with Dre out.

I’m saying Hunter underperforming when available has almost nothing to do with how well the team plays in his absence.

Bogi was great after he returned from injury that season but I think the overall depth was also a contributing factor.  Bogi has never been worse on defense than this year and his overall impact on the court has been negative this year due to that abysmal D.  That leaves the team with really nothing to effectively replace Hunter unlike 2 years ago.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m saying Hunter underperforming when available has almost nothing to do with how well the team plays in his absence.

Bogi was great after he returned from injury that season but I think the overall depth was also a contributing factor.  Bogi has never been worse on defense than this year and his overall impact on the court has been negative this year due to that abysmal D.  That leaves the team with really nothing to effectively replace Hunter unlike 2 years ago.

Not really sure why you continue to debate with Peo, he makes no sense whatsoever, contradicts himself, is all over the board with his sporadic thoughts AAAAAAANNNNDDDDD…

HE DIDN’T PAY UP ON THE AVATAR BET!

I don’t know how you do it AHF. You put me as a mod half these folks would be out on the street. 

YOU ARE A SAINT @AHF YOU HEAR ME!!!!!! I wanna meet you! I’ll PM! 

I’m willing to fly to England to see you if that’s what it takes.

✈️ 

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, AHF said:

But it had everything to do with the team's performance when he played so when making a comparison between both it is taken into account. So in review Dre played hurt a lot when Bogi was out then Bogi played a lot when Dre was out.  Bogi outplayed Dre thus the team played better. Makes sense now?

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

Between our starting lineup and OO, as long as we have 5 of those 6 guys we can compete on most nights

If we have any less than that we can get beat by anyone.

A team building strategy lacking in resilience.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not really sure why you continue to debate with Peo, he makes no sense whatsoever, contradicts himself, is all over the board with his sporadic thoughts AAAAAAANNNNDDDDD…

HE DIDN’T PAY UP ON THE AVATAR BET!

I don’t know how you do it AHF. You put me as a mod half these folks would be out on the street. 

YOU ARE A SAINT @AHF YOU HEAR ME!!!!!! I wanna meet you! I’ll PM! 

I’m willing to fly to England to see you if that’s what it takes.

✈️ 

Another butt hurtTrae fan! Y'all are so easy to spot. Gotta take shots at other posters when your guy ain't living up to his massive contract. I feel your pain. I really do.

• Sad 1

Drat!  Atlanta and their yo yo season.  Up and down.  Up and down!  

On the other hand, Huerter and the Kings win again!  In the 1st quarter they hit 12 of 13 from three point range.  Grizzlies made the 2nd and 3rd quarters close before the Kings pulled away.

I sure hope that the Hawks can begin to make their shots.  So many misses last night + all those turnovers = another loss.  Drat!

:cry:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lineup combinations

2-man combos

Don't say we.  I've been pounding the drum on how terrible Bogi is for 2 seasons now.  Glad the rest of you are finally catching up 😛

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

Don't say we.  I've been pounding the drum on how terrible Bogi is for 2 seasons now.  Glad the rest of you are finally catching up 😛

Watch it now...You are setting yourself up an attack by the usual suspects who try to control the narrative here.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Another butt hurtTrae fan! Y'all are so easy to spot. Gotta take shots at other posters when your guy ain't living up to his massive contract. I feel your pain. I really do.

Not shots. Kinda observing throughout the years. Your brain moves sporadically when speaking on issues. You can’t keep on the subject matter itself and bring in variables to try and prove you point, but as soon as your point gets exposed you jump to another branch of thought.

Honestly it’s the same way with Supes. You both probably have some decent points but you don’t articulate them well at all. 

Oh, the avatar thing was real too. You made a bet and lost and didn’t pay. If AHF was a loan shark 🦈 you would be history, just sayin, weasel move to bow out of that avatar thing.

ps I’m a Hawks fan. Trae is having a down year. I’m not a stan of Trae but he’s on the list with Nique as the top 2 players in Atlanta Hawks history. 

• Like 1