• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But it had everything to do with the team's performance when he played so when making a comparison between both it is taken into account. So in review Dre played hurt a lot when Bogi was hurt then Bogi played a lot when Dre was hurt.  Bogi outplayed Sre thus the team played better. Makes sense now?

That is the thing.  I wasn't comparing how the team played when he was available versus how they performed when he wasn't.  

I was comparing how the team performed without him 2 years ago and how they performed without him this year.

Thus, Hunter underperforming two years ago really has nothing to do with my posts.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is the thing.  I wasn't comparing how the team played when he was available versus how they performed when he wasn't.  

I was comparing how the team performed without him 2 years ago and how they performed without him this year.

Thus, Hunter underperforming two years ago really has nothing to do with my posts.

The other guy did and that is what started the discussion.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Not sure what the debate here is even about.   Do i wish Trae was taking over in the fourth and winning games like 2 years ago.  Yeah.   Do i think Trae's primarily blame for the loss?  Hell no.   Dude made 2 and assisted on 3 of our 8 baskets in the fourth.   We have had and continue to have a problem with wing play.  Especially with Hunter out.   Do you see anyone else from the 4th quarter who maybe didn't play so well?

image.png

Did you not see his critical turnovers also?

• Premium Member

Bogi missed half the season and he still probably leads the league in take fouls.  I think I recall him committing at least 3 of them since he came back.     I guess I shouldn't blame him, it's tough for any addict to quit something cold turkey.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

It is literally night and die when Hunter is healthy with this team. There is literally no one on the roster that has skill set. Justin Holliday was supposed to be his backup 3&D wing but he's trash. 

AJ and JJ are not there defensively yet.   Our young guys are still very foul prone.   It hurts to watch us suffer with inadequate defense. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.60fbc2ab92253fca068b002c429085b5.gif

@terrell posted winning percentages with and without Dre 2 years ago as proof Dre is not important to Hawks success this year.  @AHF Inserted himself into the discussion and now is claiming he changed the topic so I should ignore the original premise. And now come in and start insulting my writing style for no apparent reason.

If Trae dominates the ball he can play and his shots drop.  When he is played off the ball or suddenly has to play team basketball, suddenly, his shot is not dropping and he looks bad.  Its TRAE himself.  If he can't control the narrative around him he checks out.  Its not that he can't play off the ball or play team basketball.  HE DOESN'T WANT TO.  His history is checking out, just like he did in Charlotte a couple of seasons ago and when he went home before that game instead of sitting on the bench. Yall are just watching a season long episode with Trae.  Schlenk is jumping for joy that he doesn't have to deal with this mess anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

@terrell posted winning percentages with and without Dre 2 years ago as proof Dre is not important to Hawks success this year.  @AHF Inserted himself into the discussion and now is claiming he changed the topic so I should ignore the original premise. And now come in and start insulting my writing style for no apparent reason.

Oh gimme a break nobody is buying you stuff anymore stop selling it guy. I been here 20 years same story wit you. 

You are dramatic though that puts a funny twist on the whole thing. 

It might be me, but honestly I can’t have an intelligent conversation with you.

Some folks never admit defeat. It’s sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

If Trae dominates the ball he can play and his shots drop.  When he is played off the ball or suddenly has to play team basketball, suddenly, his shot is not dropping and he looks bad.  Its TRAE himself.  If he can't control the narrative around him he checks out.  Its not that he can't play off the ball or play team basketball.  HE DOESN'T WANT TO.  His history is checking out, just like he did in Charlotte a couple of seasons ago and when he went home before that game instead of sitting on the bench. Yall are just watching a season long episode with Trae.  Schlenk is jumping for joy that he doesn't have to deal with this mess anymore.

So true Lol!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is not about whether one dumb play bothers me or not.  It's about overall impact.  Score was 78-78 at the end of fourth.   When Trae came back in the score was 89-81.  Bulls outscored us 11-3 in 3:20.  outscored us 22-19 the rest of the way (if my math is right).    You see what i'm getting at.  Giving them 8 points to start the fourth killed us.  Having to score 30 points the last 8 minutes of an NBA game in order to win is a tall order. 

Bbbbut, that one play tho, macd.  Didju see that one play? 🙄

Meanwhile the whole team was sleepwalking.... bbbut that one play tho.... 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh gimme a break nobody is buying you stuff anymore stop selling it guy. I been here 20 years same story wit you. 

You are dramatic though that puts a funny twist on the whole thing. 

It might be me, but honestly I can’t have an intelligent conversation with you.

Some folks never admit defeat. It’s sad.

That was suppose to a simple summary and you couldn't even follow that explanation? If that is the case, I agree with you. We can't have an intelligent conversation. But to be honest with you, I wasn't even trying to have a conversation with you. You injected yourself into a conversation with me and then claims that you can't have an intelligent conversation with me.  Just think about that for a second.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The other guy did and that is what started the discussion.

Do you mind quoting that post?  I don't see the one where he compared our winning % with and without Hunter two years ago.  It confused me since I must have missed it and you were responding to me rather than to him.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

This is the thing that has not been said...

Would you play Isaiah Thomas off ball?

Would you play John Stockton off ball?

These are two Hall of Fame PGs and neither one was ever asked to play off ball.   Trae is of this sort.  He's not Dame Lillard or Steph Curry.   Those guys can function well running through picks and getting open and taking shots.   Our offense isn't even built like that.  So what happens is you take a ball dominant PG and you put him in the OG position and you play an offense that default is 4 guys standing around watching. 

It's not going to work.  Even if Trae were capable of playing off ball at this level, we don't run an offense with plays that cater to that. 

Our problem is our offense. 

DJ is a great find.  I believe he is an OG.   However, the expectation of many here is that he can run the offense with Trae on the floor.   NOPE.  Our offense isn't built that way.   We call it ISO but actually, it's the way that the offense is played... When DJ gets the ball, his job is to score.  But he's a baller and has played predominantly at the PG.   Does he have spots?  Yes, he's the midrange master.  But in our offense, we're asking him to shoot from outside.  He came to us as what.. a 35% 3 pt shooter.  He's no Steph Curry.  But he's doing the best he can with what we have. 

Our problem is our offense. 

Do you blame Nate?  You can't blame Nate for not being what you want.  When we brought in DJ, everybody said he would be hard to see him and Trae fitting.  That's because both of them are ball dominant and neither of them is a high percentage three ball shooter.   However, it was at that point that you should have been looking for a coach that can teach these two  guys to work together in sync.   Who has experience with that??

By the way.. Just because a guy is young or new doesn't mean that he knows how to fix our issue.   More than likely, even the new guys came up with the same coaching fundamentals and beliefs as Nate.   They just may relate to the players better.   But for the X and Os guy who can do this, you need somebody from the D'Antoni Tree if not D'Antoni himself. 

• Like 1