• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

42 minutes ago, dalamchops said:

another shit game from trae

I don't care what the 27/9 says... He hasn't been good this year.

The terrible defense, no leadership and the poor shooting just stand out.

He doesnt have the impact in crucial moments that He used to have.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

I don't care what the 27/9 says... He hasn't been good this year.

The terrible defense, no leadership and the poor shooting just stand out.

He doesnt have the impact in crucial moments that He used to have.

He's not the reason for the loss tonight.  Well . . maybe if he came out more aggressive, he may have scored more points and had the team closer tonight.  He turned it on in the 3rd and got us back in the game.  Tie game going into the 4th quarter.

When Trae is + for the game, the Hawks almost always win.  But we lost by 11 because the Hawks were ( -17 ) when Trae was off the floor.  Bogi was ( -20 ) . . Dejounte was ( -21 ) .  . and there's a reason for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

This is my issue with this team.

yes when they are healthy they are good but 1 starter impacts this team WAY too much.

we shouldn’t be this freaking bad but the record tells the whole truth. They can’t compete with even the worst teams with 1 starter out.

that is a sign of extremely bad depth .

I've been dying on this hill all year with this squad. We just simply lack too much depth. Even when healthy, it's not completely consistent either 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No Hunter. Hawks can't win. Our perimeter defense gets shredded every single time 

It is literally night and die when Hunter is healthy with this team. There is literally no one on the roster that has skill set. Justin Holliday was supposed to be his backup 3&D wing but he's trash. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, terrell said:

We're paying this man 40 million $ to stink up the joint nearly every night.. Trae needs to get his shit together..

This Trae Murray duo just isnt gonna work IMO......Trae needs the ball to be more effective. Fk this offball BS.. We need superstar Trae on offense, or its over for us long term...

And Murray not getting to the line as a SG is another problem..No different than Huerter was... Just better D.. But Hawks went from top offense to mediocre...

We're no better than last years team after giving uo 3 1st rdrs.. smh

On to OKC where we'll probably get embarrassed by a much younger squad..

i dunno man, trae keeps throwing the ball away when he has it. i don't recall this many ugly careless turnovers from him in the past. His turnovers used to be because his teammates weren't ready for the pass, but this year they've been clearly on him

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I expected the Hawks to have an on-and-off relationship with .500 ball but the fact they have the 22nd rated strength of schedule so far makes it sting a bit.  The strive for mediocrity is starting to become impressive at this point lol.

Will your head ever explode from crunching numbers? If so, gimme a heads up. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae is in a funk. He doesn’t have that zip on his passes and his shot looks too processed. I think $hit (chef) sCurry’s shooting coach be Fckin wit his form. 

4009DA69-8CE8-4EDB-9145-4D4755F40B1C.jpeg

Yeah hindsight is 20/20 but that wasn’t a shrewd move.  I didn’t think much of the reports of the two connecting this summer.  Hopefully Kyle can help work out the kinks.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

What does this have to do with this year? 2 years later???

Peo is right, imo, that we will struggle hard this year when Hunter is unavailable. Our record from a couple years ago without him isn’t really relevant to this team.

We are single spooled on big defensive wings and without him the D doesn’t function correctly.  Hunter is also having his best overall season even if it hasn’t been the full breakout some expected.

Missing Hunter is like missing both CC and OO.  Things are not going to work well at a fundamental level.  Expect a bad record without him rest of the way.  No more so than in matchups like this where the opponent’s best weapons are a pair of wings ala Lavine and DD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae is in a funk. He doesn’t have that zip on his passes and his shot looks too processed. I think $hit (chef) sCurry’s shooting coach be Fckin wit his form. 

4009DA69-8CE8-4EDB-9145-4D4755F40B1C.jpeg

We're blaming the shooting coach now? Come on, he's just having a bad year. It happens. 

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We're blaming the shooting coach now? Come on, he's just having a bad year. It happens. 

Like I said in another thread...no one is safe with Trae's fans. They are willing to throw any and everyone under the bus to save this guy from criticism..coaches, players, fans, front office personnel, refs, media..I mean anybody.  It's Trump like lol!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's having a Julius Randle 2021 type season following an embarassing playoff showing. Hopefully like Randle he gets back on track next year, I don't think he's going to just switch it on this year. Last year Trae was already playing at an incredibly high level before shredding it the last two months, he was nowhere near as bad as he has been this year at any point last season. He was voted an All Star starter with a massive amount of votes for a reason. 

2 hours ago, dalamchops said:

i dunno man, trae keeps throwing the ball away when he has it. i don't recall this many ugly careless turnovers from him in the past. His turnovers used to be because his teammates weren't ready for the pass, but this year they've been clearly on him

But Trae isnt going anywhere so.........