• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

Just now, SalvorMallow said:

I get it, Trae isn't a good defender. What I'm missing is how is Trae a worse defender than Bogi? How is he a worse defender than Seth Curry (He made Huerter look like Kobe in game 7)? How is he worse than Damian Lillard?? 

There's no way you can justify calling Trae the worst defender in the league, and even less the worst defender of all time.

Easy. Bogi is absoute trash 1v1. But his team defense isn't bad. His 6'11 wingspan helps him. He has good defensive awareness. You don't see him getting abused off the ball. Bogi has lost explosiveness and lateral quickness which has since killed his 1v1 defending but he's still a capable reliable defender within a team setting but yes. He's someone defenses like to pick on for iso situations. 

Seth ain't a starter for that reason. He's too easy to abuse at the 2 and not quick enough to guard 1s. Even with that said, he runs your ass ragged so you lose some trying to guard him as well. 

Lillard is miles better. While he maybe just as bad in iso if not worse than Trae as he's aged. He still is a smart heady team defender who knows where everyone is supposed to be and no one really picks on him off the ball. That said, he dies on screens too much and he's a clear defensive liability. Portland doesn't try to protect him. If he gets scorched, they let him. They value the overall defensive integrity more than Dame getting killed on that end like prime Ray Allen. 

It's easy to call him the worst defender in the league. Heck, the worst defender in NBA history. No one else is this f***ing bad on D. Like the levels of bad he is, I don't see anyone coming close to it. You can say guys like Jimmer got dominated but Jimmer barely played. It's hard to say some others have been worse when they barely play. For rotational pieces who play real minutes. I've never seen anyone worse than Trae. Not even close. He's by far the worst I've seen. It almost angers me watching him on defense. 

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The problem with AD is he can't stay healthy and he can't really shoot anymore like JC. So spacing becomes an issue. Embiid is ideal. He finally added the PnR to his repertoire with Harden. He's been amazing. He does hold the ball too much and too long but that's not an issue with a player like Trae and the Hawks are naturally heliocentric so it fits Embiid as well. That said, Embiid will cost a fortune and I don't know if we can get him. Murray might not be appealing to a rebuilding team like Philly if they lose Harden/Embiid in the same month. 

So in other words,  we're probably the same mediocre team next season .. Only a different coach.. Who's gonna have some of the same problems..

1 minute ago, terrell said:

So in other words,  we're probably the same mediocre team next season .. Only a different coach.. Who's gonna have some of the same problems..

This team is way too talented to be this mediocre. They are legit as talented as any team not named Milwaukee and Boston in the East but they don't fit. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I really liked what I saw from ay Bey Bey tonight. If we can start transitioning Bogi's minutes to Bey as @sturt suggested, I think we will see some real improvement in our lineups. Trae + Bogi lineups have been awful for us this season. Bey gives us a willing shooter who can also defend..so I feel like he can pad out the minutes and compliment Trae better.

Why did Bogi play for 18 straight minutes while giving us nothing?

That alone is enough to can Nate. SMH.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's gonna be a sad day when Nate is gone. I've never seen a coach go out of his way to protect just one motherf... 

And Trae wonders why the coaches in the league don't like him. 

Im not gonna be sad when he's gone, but yeah I feel you on Trae. Nate cant stand him imho..Just like LP couldnt.. I mean he literally plays Murray more min than Trae regardless if Murray is playing well or not....... 

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's gonna be a sad day when Nate is gone. I've never seen a coach go out of his way to protect just one motherf... 

I definitely won't miss him.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Some folks here have Trae pegged as an untradeable asset. Trae is tradeable. I'm not saying everything wrong with this team is on him. But Trae isn't the primary building block to build a franchise around IMO

Edited by terrell

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why is the team consistently out of position? Protecting Trae and when they can't. It's like that final play where Melo wanted a PnR on Trae to get Washington the PnP 3 which is easy as Trae shot contest is trash for a guy the size of P.J. Washington. You always defend Trae and he's always ass on defense. 

I can't with you. Trae has always been the problem on defense and always the common denominator of our horrendous defense. We have a 112.1 DefRtg all time without Trae and with Trae, 115.2 with him all time. That's a game 3.1 difference. You keep running from the fact that he's f***ing garbage on D and the worst there ever has been. I've never seen so many teams gameplay to expose one player and consistently score while doing it. But your ass will talk about the box score clips. Watched the f***ing game! 

Hayward has always been a pain in our ass as has Rozier. DJ defense looked sound to me even early on. He was on his assignments but you can't guard everyone and Charlotte has a tendency to hit wild contested shots against us whenever we play. 

A lot of it was broken coverage. I seen three cuts in a row on Trae. Rozier had one and several others had some which led to lead passes for open 3s. Your boy was also sleeping on defense but you will likely remember the deflections Trae had, call him Mitten and ignore the 99% of bullshit we saw tonight. 

Nights like this is where you piss me off with your dickriding of Trae. He was so f***ing garbage tonight but you will defend him nonetheless and blame the team. 

The entire team had defensive breakdowns, including Trae at the end.

But you consistently act like the bad team defense is solely because of Trae.  The entire defensive scheme is bad, with the way we're leaving people wide open for corner 3s.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FG3M&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022200857&PlayerID=0&RangeType=0&Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612766&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Really dude??????

Not often to the point where it's more noticeable than others or irregular. Generally, the kids get abused off the ball like Griff and JJ but that's the norm around the NBA. They are young and the game is fast.