• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Threezus said:

I honestly can't figure out why our defense is so bad.  I understand Trae isn't very good on defense but he is 1 dude.  Same with Bogi as well he's really bad also but still  theirs legit 4 other guys usually starting that are + defenders around both of them.   Murray and Capela are legit All NBA defenders at their positions at times.    Collins and Hunter are above avg defenders as well and at times are really really good defenders.   Okongwu is a top tier defender as well as is A hol.     i just can't believe that 1 or 2 dudes can completely make the rest of the team look this bad on defense the entire season.  It's gotta be the scheme or coach or something thats not meshing well.    If Trae and Bogi are literally so bad that they can ruin the rest of the teams entire defense at all times then both of them need to go.  I myself sorta find it hard to believe 1 guy can make the rest of the team that bad though.

Trae is extremely bad and puts everyone out of position. Charlotte is one of those all 5 can shoot teams. Can't defend for shit unless Williams is in the game but when you had a massive flaw like Trae, it gets exposed against these five-out teams who can shoot and dribble drive like Charlotte. I don't even think we beat Charlotte this year. 

Another offensive possession where they exposed Trae. 

When we get a new coach, the one thing I want to see him to do is pull Trae from defensive possessions in ALL CLOSE GAMES. 

Trae on D and Clint on O in late games is toxic. They suck so bad. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Trae is extremely bad and puts everyone out of position. Charlotte is one of those all 5 can shoot teams. Can't defend for shit unless Williams is in the game but when you had a massive flaw like Trae, it gets exposed against these five-out teams who can shoot and dribble drive like Charlotte. I don't even think we beat Charlotte this year. 

Yeah true, thats why the Hawks instantly turn into the best defensive team when Trae misses games right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

For all of those Murray is better than Trae types can point to this game where Trae's -20 defensive impact which is the worst in NBA history is on full display. 

Man this backcourt aint it.. Frontcourt either..

Not for winning a championship that is..

Hawks need to accept it and move on somehow..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Hornets have our number they won the season series against us with this win.  Are they turning into the new Raptors for the Hawks where even if we are the better team they still just know how to beat us.

Edited by Threezus

3 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Yeah true, thats why the Hawks instantly turn into the best defensive team when Trae misses games right? 

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/hawks-defensive-rating-without-trae-young

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/hawks-defensive-rating-with-trae-young

It's massively better without him. This year, we just aren't a good team when key players miss games, regardless of who it is. We get smoked too much this year when key players are out. 

Just now, SalvorMallow said:

This right here is why i don't think it's all 100% Trae or Bogi because many of times when both were out the team still shows crappy defense with legit 5 + defenders starting.   It has to be either coaching or scheme at that point because you have removed the main player culprit.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Another offensive possession where they exposed Trae. 

When we get a new coach, the one thing I want to see him to do is pull Trae from defensive possessions in ALL CLOSE GAMES. 

Trae on D and Clint on O in late games is toxic. They suck so bad. 

New coach gonna get the same criticism as Nate soon enough..