• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Never have understood the fascination with KAT.  He just isn't that good.  Puts up nice numbers, but doesn't win.  Embiid eats his lunch every time they play against each other.

Official announcement:  All players should be available for trade, including Trae & Collins.  

FIRST MOVE:

Portland gets Trae Young.  Collins can be thrown in there but would require salary adjustment to make that work if Portland doesn't want to enter luxury tax.

Atlanta gets Anfernee Simons, Jermari Grant, Portland's 2023 and 2024 first round picks.  

FINAL RESULT:

pg Dejounte Murray

sg Anfernee Simons

sf Deandre Hunter

pf Jerami Grant

c Clint Capela

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Confused 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

FIRST MOVE:

Portland gets Trae Young.  Collins can be thrown in there but would require salary adjustment to make that work if Portland doesn't want to enter luxury tax.

Atlanta gets Anfernee Simons, Jermari Grant, Portland's 2023 and 2024 first round picks.  

FINAL RESULT:

pg Anfernee Simons

sg Dejuante Murray

sf Deandre Hunter

pf Jerami Grant

c Clint Capela

Grant will be an unrestricted FA this offseason. PTL offered him a 4yr/$112 million ($28/yr avg.) extension which he declined.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Grant will be an unrestricted FA this offseason. PTL offered him a 4yr/$112 million ($28/yr avg.) extension which he declined.

Yep... He shouldve taken that....

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

FIRST MOVE:

FINAL RESULT:

pg Dejounte Murray

sg Anfernee Simons

sf Deandre Hunter

pf Jerami Grant

c Clint Capela

Murray sucks at lobs, and you want to pair him with CC? That wont work.. If CC had any kind of offensive game maybe but he doesnt..

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

How many games has Towns played in the last few years anyways?  Guys always out.  Atleast Trae comes to play.  All 5'12", 145 lbs of him.  Meanwhile, all these other athletic specimens can't keep off the booboo report every night.  Availability matters. 

This team may put me into therapy with their "show up" one game and "hung over" the next style.  Quinn needs to see them running what they have been running some and trying some new things over the remainder of the season.  His evaluation of this team and the offseason response is more important to me at this point than our W/L record the rest of the way.

As an aside, on the Towns trade talk the big proponent for that has been Supes and he has always pitched the trade as a way to get Trae and Towns playing together not as a Trae for Towns situation.

• Like 3

Oh this just came to me… sure I’ll get chewed out by the Trae haters but I’ll take the hit.

Is there a chance that Trae doesn’t really want to show his hand vs the Heat right now if case they should meet in the playoffs again? Having said that I do indeed realize that we need wins, but at this point, who knows what these crazy kids are up to? 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh this just came to me… sure I’ll get chewed out by the Trae haters but I’ll take the hit.

Is there a chance that Trae doesn’t really want to show his hand vs the Heat right now if case they should meet in the playoffs again? Having said that I do indeed realize that we need wins, but at this point, who knows what these crazy kids are up to? 

TL:DR = apparently they got really good weed in the Bay area.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nah, Spud, Trae didn't hold anything back. Trae gets dejected when the refs don't give him calls, and for some reason, Miami is allowed to play physically with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure Quinn will get the message across in quite colorful language that they can’t lose this B2B set by 30 like last season.  He’s gonna break something in film study showing undrafted players out-hustling and out-shooting an active rotation without A SINGLE SECOND ROUNDER!!!

I’m so anxious to see how he and Kyle clean his staff up.  He may keep Prunty and boot the others.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

7th place in the East was on the line last night, so it's not hard to see why the Heat got a ton of calls and could play football against the Hawks with no whistle.  They denied the Hawks a challenge on a key play because...well they could.  

Overall, there were alot of good things I saw from the team.  But this team isn't going to be what it can be this season.  It just takes time to learn and build the habits that make you successful.  Kind of like it took time under Coach Bud before the players really put it all together.

Concerning Trae vs the Heat...the scheme they run against him is good, but the ability to hold, grab, shove him without being called for it is what's actually slowing him down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

This team may put me into therapy with their "show up" one game and "hung over" the next style.  Quinn needs to see them running what they have been running some and trying some new things over the remainder of the season.  His evaluation of this team and the offseason response is more important to me at this point than our W/L record the rest of the way.

As an aside, on the Towns trade talk the big proponent for that has been Supes and he has always pitched the trade as a way to get Trae and Towns playing together not as a Trae for Towns situation.

The ability to take pressure from Trae and someone who fits Trae has always been critical need and that said player needs to be a #1 option. Only 4 to 5 players even qualify and none are potentially available outside of KAT. That's why he's a major get. He's much better than the naysayer on here want to project and his defense is fine if it's the drop coverage or he's high walling like he did against Memphis last year to stop Morant. I believe you put him next to someone as versatile as OO on defense, it a natural fit and offensively, he allows OO to play the 4 with no spacing issues. 

5 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

FIRST MOVE:

FINAL RESULT:

pg Dejounte Murray

sg Anfernee Simons

sf Deandre Hunter

pf Jerami Grant

c Clint Capela

Jerami Grant as PF?  We need more than 4 RPG from our PF.  We're already going through that.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, terrell said:

he pisses me off more than Josh Smith ever did.. lol

I don't know about that, I was really happy as a fan when Josh went to Detroit.

That said, I most definitely wouldn't shed a tear if Fields somehow pulled a reasonable deal to send Trae away from the Hawks. 

• Confused 2

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think Trae is coachable, I have seen it tonight more than any other time this season. Trae is just an idiot. Sometimes, that's hard to accept but he is what he is. 

I actually think Quin is liking Trae more and more. Seeing him up close but his decision-making is always going to be a problem. The boy just got really bad habits and he thinks he can do more than he can do like Smoove and as a scorer, he lacks feel and timing. As everyone sees, his best thing is his playmaking. He's amazing at it but even then, he can be an idiot. He's nothing like Stockton or Nash. Those two were geniuses with decisions passing the rock. Then again, Trae can really attack. His mindset to attack is what D'Antoni wishes he did with Nash but I don't think Nash has that type of mindset so it wouldn't matter. 

Your description just made me think of Groo the Wanderer... 😅

image.png

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

Nah, Spud, Trae didn't hold anything back. Trae gets dejected when the refs don't give him calls, and for some reason, Miami is allowed to play physically with him. 

Trae is disliked by many refs, that's no secret. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

Whatever happened to him anyway?  He cuss too many people out for not knowing the inner workings of the CBA?

I can't really remember exactly.  I thought he got a job in sports media or something so he had to stop posting here? 

• Thanks 2