• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

Bridges confirms that you best draft strong defensive players and develop their offense.  It’s possible to go from a garbage point role player to a solid #1 option (Kawhi, Jimmy, PG-13, etc ). It simply doesn’t work too often the other way around.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

While this is true . . . this is Bridges numbers since he's been in Brooklyn.

image.thumb.png.db74ec0581450c0ace935ae85cf3c9b8.png

Tonight . . . he's been All-NBA

image.thumb.png.20f1bfe43e01cc8a99894c54635a9cfd.png

The best player on the court is ALWAYS on the other team it seems this season..

Always.......

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Because Trae can't be a number 1. I agree with Supes on that...

He can run a good offense and pass at a high level, but other than drawing fts he is a very streaky offensive player.

You can't count on him to score efficiently. He should be carrying us in the last 10 games of the year as a max player. But...............................................

While I can agree that Trae needs a #1 beside him, when he's the #1, he has to shoot the ball.  And shoot often.

Others on the team can't get in their feelings when the PG, who also can get to the line, takes the most shots.

Trae should be 3 - 12 in the 1st half, not at the end of a game.

Passive Trae has always been a losing equation for the Hawks.  You want that guy to be aggressive as possible.  And if he has to take 25 shots to do it, so be it.

That's why I always say . . . "Shoot the ball, Trae".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

While I can agree that Trae needs a #1 beside him, when he's the #1, he has to shoot the ball.  And shoot often.

Others on the team can't get in their feelings when the PG, who also can get to the line, takes the most shots.

Trae should be 3 - 12 in the 1st half, not at the end of a game.

Passive Trae has always been a losing equation for the Hawks.  You want that guy to be aggressive as possible.  And if he has to take 25 shots to do it, so be it.

That's why I always say . . . "Shoot the ball, Trae".

I know youre gonna defend Trae no matter what.. That's cool...

Ill be here to eat crow when we're a real contender every year with him as our #1 guy....

But I just dont see it..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Trae is disinterested if he isn't the focal point of the offense which is why I agree he can't be the number 1.  Notice that when he was running the pick and rolls, floaters and logo 3s under Pierce and McMillan last season and the season before, his game was better.  Once he is asked to be a distributing point guard that averages 20 points instead of 27 points, he is disinterested. 

I honestly believe Trae could be the best pure point guard in the league IF HE WANTED TO, but he doesn't wanna play as a pure point guard.  This causes other players to be out of rhythm a lot and not used in spaces that are more attuned to their abilities.  Don't get me started on his shot selection.  It doesn't matter who the head coach is or who you bring in as players, you have to force Trae into being a point guard or move him off the ball and if he doesn't buy in, ship him.  He isn't the only problem with this team, but he is the core piece that has to be changed.

There is some truth to this from the perimeter. That said, Trae can play with a #1 option big man. Maybe Jokic would be an issue but he would fit well with the others especially if they are great at PnR play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Trae is disinterested if he isn't the focal point of the offense which is why I agree he can't be the number 1.  Notice that when he was running the pick and rolls, floaters and logo 3s under Pierce and McMillan last season and the season before, his game was better.  Once he is asked to be a distributing point guard that averages 20 points instead of 27 points, he is disinterested. 

I honestly believe Trae could be the best pure point guard in the league IF HE WANTED TO, but he doesn't wanna play as a pure point guard.  This causes other players to be out of rhythm a lot and not used in spaces that are more attuned to their abilities.  Don't get me started on his shot selection.  It doesn't matter who the head coach is or who you bring in as players, you have to force Trae into being a point guard or move him off the ball and if he doesn't buy in, ship him.  He isn't the only problem with this team, but he is the core piece that has to be changed.

As long as he's making Ressler $ he aint going anywhere.. But yeah.

Hawks better think long and hard about this roster going forward in the offseason..

Other than JJ, OO, AJ,(upside) Id be willing to move anyone else at the right price.. 

Ive seen enough..

Id take what I could get for JC just to get him out of here..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

I know youre gonna defend Trae no matter what.. That's cool...

Ill be here to eat crow when we're a real contender every year with him as our #1 guy....

But I just dont see it..

You will never see it on a consistent basis because he's not a #1 option. This is why the entire Luka v. Trae argument is pointless because Luka is clearly the best player and the #1 option. That said, he's flawed too and their is a reason both are on teams will losing records.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Every bench guy was a plus except Jalen. I wonder why that is game after game?

So Bey and JJ are your whipping boys now?

I wonder why?

Oh yeah I know why.. smh

JJ still had 6 points and 8 boards 2 assists in 21 min, as opposed to your boy JC with 5/2/1 in 28 min at 23 million $.. Good grief... 

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 1