• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

Bad contract because his pay is of a superstar but his impact is of a high end role player. He would be perfect making 25 million with his impact being on Clint Capela level. 

Trae is an elite playmaker. But he got way too many offensive issues that show this year more than previous years with Kevin and Bogi. Defensively, he was the WOAT and at times this year he was. Although he's been miles better on that end this year. 

Anyone who watches Hawks basketball knows this isn’t true in the slightest.. when Trae is on the court 95% of time the offense is better period. When anyone runs the offense, it’s terrible. He’s not the worst defender in the NBA anymore and has been trying way more this year. He literally made ALL-NBA last year. His impact on offense is closer to players Nikola Jokic. Like I said he is a top 10 best offensive player in the NBA. He can be streaky but he’s worth it for the offense alone. It’s crazy we are calling Trae a role player now. Any team would love Trae. If the Nets had Trae, they would be a top 3 seed.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Anyone who watches Hawks basketball knows this isn’t true in the slightest.. when Trae is on the court 95% of time the offense is better period. When anyone runs the offense, it’s terrible. He’s not the worst defender in the NBA anymore and has been trying way more this year. He literally made ALL-NBA last year. His impact on offense is closer to players Nikola Jokic. Like I said he is a top 10 best offensive player in the NBA. He can be streaky but he’s worth it for the offense alone. It’s crazy we are calling Trae a role player now. Any team would love Trae. If the Nets had Trae, they would be a top 3 seed.

A lot of teams would be much better if you take someone's best player and add them to another team without losing anyone. The Hawks would be much better if we took Mikal Bridges from the Nets for nothing too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I am one of the biggest Okongwu guys on this site. He's mainly doing this against backups 

The entire bench is mostly playing against backups...it doesn't change that he can/should be playing more minutes overall.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Stars don’t grow on trees. Trae is the most relevant player the hawks have in 30 years and it’s nuts how quickly people want to give up on him. Do people want the hawks to be irrelevant again?

Yes.. They do.  They want to talk about things that you don't see in the stats...  And try to make you forget that Trae is the only 27/10 player that this franchise has ever seen and he's the only one that has led this Atlanta Franchise to the ECF to win 2 games.  They'd rather talk about irrelevant things and why we should look for a trading partner?  It's lunacy. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yes.. They do.  They want to talk about things that you don't see in the stats...  And try to make you forget that Trae is the only 27/10 player that this franchise has ever seen and he's the only one that has led this Atlanta Franchise to the ECF to win 2 games.  They'd rather talk about irrelevant things and why we should look for a trading partner?  It's lunacy. 

Jalen Brunson is now better than Trae. Is Trae still a top 10 PG?

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

While this is true . . . this is Bridges numbers since he's been in Brooklyn.

image.thumb.png.db74ec0581450c0ace935ae85cf3c9b8.png

Tonight . . . he's been All-NBA

image.thumb.png.20f1bfe43e01cc8a99894c54635a9cfd.png

Better player or greener light?

I kinda see him as a Joe Johnson 'situationally'.  Underutilized in PHX, New life in BKN.  Showing he was ready for it.  A hidden 'thing' here is his age.  He's actually in his prime right now.  Meaning the window is now for him/them.  I think a lotta people look at him as a prospect but thats not quite true. 

Atlanta gotta choose between DJ or Trae. This pairing ain't gonna work. Too small, while Murray is capable of playing off the ball on offense, he's struggles at defending 2s full time. Not athletic enough or big enough. 

I know Hunter haters think I am a Hunter lover but I just understand the game a lot more than you do. If you can give me a realistic upgrade where the cost isn't insane, I would move him asap but he's a lot less replaceable and his position just lacks extreme depth and it's critical in the modern NBA. Unless you can find his replacement, stfu. Idiots like some on here suggesting Bey as a starting 3 over Dre needs to get slapped asap and banned from all logical conversations. Low BBIQ idiots with horrendous opinions. 

JC gotta go but everyone knows that already. The question is, who wants him. It's clear he's the odd man out and he been worse under Quin than he was under Nate. 

Clint plays a key role. He's kind of hard to replace but we must upgrade his position but that's looking hard to do as well as it is for Dre. We gotta be extremely aggressive. We need an offensive stud who can play the 5. We don't spam as much as we used to but we still need to have a nice 1/5 option especially if we keep Trae. 

I don't really have no issues with the bench. All of them are fine with me. Just don't see anyone that can be pushed to the starting 5 and not create new problems. That's the case for ALL of them. OO included who's the best of the bunch. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I’m not sure why everyone is acting so crazy. This is exactly what was scheduled to happen. We won the last game, so we were going to lose this one. If we’re going to lose, someone(s) are going to have to play poorly. 
Since everyone has covered the all the worst parts of the game, I’ll just say that I was happy to see JJ back out there and love seeing OO continue to bring it. I can’t wait to see what they do next season. 
Looking forward to watching them get that next W against the Mavs on Sunday. 

And it's good to see AJ back on track (3/4 from 3):

• Like 4

The Hawks have three main issues. 

They need a better best player than Trae. 

They should have never did the two PG thing with small PGs who lack bulk. 

JC is completely out of fit with Kevin being replaced by Murray. He needs optimal spacing and we just don't have too much spacing with the starters. A lot of this also has to deal with Clint who's anti-gravity

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

When Murray was available, there was miles more interest in Bridges than it was in Murray. It's clear that we jump the gun because someone was interested in coming to Atlanta who many was like, we need more talent but we got talent, we need better fits as starters. I still say that JC signing was a disaster way before it was even signed. I've been saying trade JC but that ECF year had a lot of our idiots fans and management acting stupid. 

• Like 1

Who was guarding Bridges? My 2018 draft fav went off last night? Bridges is one of my fav non Hawks.

I like ..

Giannis

Mikal Bridges

:sarcastic:

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They need a better best player than Trae. 

Nope. Wrong.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Who was guarding Bridges? My 2018 draft fav went off last night? Bridges is one of my fav non Hawks.

I like ..

Giannis

Mikal Bridges

:sarcastic:

Nope. Wrong.

Mikal was our guy. 

We need someone better than Trae. The issue with Trae is you gotta optimize him. That's hard to do. If you optimize him, it's like Steve Nash in PHX but if you don't, it's just doesn't work. We need an Amar'e. We need one bad. We also need to dead this two PG shit. It's not gonna work. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And it's good to see AJ back on track (3/4 from 3):

My boy dittem dirty! I missed the game. Is 42 a career high for Mikal (don’t call me Gorby Gorbachev) Bridges my Bridges my ATL Bridges?