• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Monday morning QB.. nah you didn’t say this then. 

I did say it then. @AHF who was the biggest anti Murray to Atlanta guy? Who was always talking about size issues. I remember someone tried to say look at him next to Zach LaVine when I kept calling it out. Everything I said about what could go wrong before the trade did go wrong. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Monday morning QB.. nah you didn’t say this then. 

so a guy's not allowed to change his opinion after getting to see a player up closer for a year?   🤡🤡

• Haha 1

Just now, shakes said:

so a guy's not allowed to change his opinion after getting to see a player up closer for a year?   🤡🤡

The thing is, I was the biggest proponent against the trade during that time period when it was all talk. Ask @AHF

Just now, NBASupes said:

Mikal was our guy. 

Yup. I remember we both had him high.

I wanted him as our initial pick if we fell to 5-7. Bridges and Luka we rode. 

He’s actually doing even better than I thought. I don’t think I’ve seen a guy like him as a SOLID wing in a heavily talented team go elsewhere and become that bulk scorer. It’s impressive, he’s a team dude but can be THE MAN as well. 

He’s still a Robin but he’s climbing up as one of the better sidekicks in the league.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I did say it then. @AHF who was the biggest anti Murray to Atlanta guy? Who was always talking about size issues. I remember someone tried to say look at him next to Zach LaVine when I kept calling it out. Everything I said about what could go wrong before the trade did go wrong. 

Ok. I just remember everyone being on board for the most part. I do recall some wanting Don Mitch more and others saying Don Mitch was too small? :er: Sure he’s smaller in heigh but he’s a lil tank. Dude has a better than Dwade type build to his body. 

I was on board with Murray and still am. I think the postseason being a new Murray. At this point we gotta get there first though.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok. I just remember everyone being on board for the most part. I do recall some wanting Don Mitch more and others saying Don Mitch was too small? :er: Sure he’s smaller in heigh but he’s a lil tank. Dude has a better than Dwade type build to his body. 

I was on board with Murray and still am. I think the postseason being a new Murray. At this point we gotta get there first though.

After the fact. Sure. 

Before the trade, I didn't want it. Made it clear I didn't want this or Mitchell to Atlanta 

FYI: I did have concerns about LaVine in Atlanta as well. Just not as much as Murray as Zack is still a freak athlete whereas Murray is not. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

To state the obvious, that was a terrible loss for this Hawks team.  I am a little torn at this point as to how I want the post season to play out.  Part of me wants the team to exit quickly so as to increase the likelihood the teams is aggressive in changing the roster in the offseason.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Anyone who watches Hawks basketball knows this isn’t true in the slightest.. when Trae is on the court 95% of time the offense is better period. When anyone runs the offense, it’s terrible. He’s not the worst defender in the NBA anymore and has been trying way more this year. He literally made ALL-NBA last year. His impact on offense is closer to players Nikola Jokic. Like I said he is a top 10 best offensive player in the NBA. He can be streaky but he’s worth it for the offense alone. It’s crazy we are calling Trae a role player now. Any team would love Trae. If the Nets had Trae, they would be a top 3 seed.

"Any team would love Trae"

I disagree..

At the Y maybe...

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, terrell said:

The Hawks went on a Mickey Mouse run and will never make it back there again anytime soon imo... The roster construction has been a failure.

That’s why I wasn’t upset when Schlenk was let go. Landry and KK made a good trade in acquiring Bey, but also a very head scratching one on extending Bogi.

I would like for the Hawks to blow it up in the offseason, but maybe they should give this Quin Snyder experiment at least until the trade deadline next season.

Next season is make or break for Trae if we keep him. We need to see something change or he’s out of here. No more excuses. No more fighting with coach, no more crying to the refs, no more fighting with media personnel who are simply trying to do their job. There’s a reason players and coaches don’t see him in a very positive view...

I agree with everything except the roster construction being a failure (just my opinion).  There is no right roster construction around Trae with the way he plays ball.  The second problem I have as far as roster construction is the Hawks not going into the luxury tax to keep Gallinari and Huerter.  They were the better shooters that have to be around Trae than what the Hawks currently have.  Hunter and Collins are best suited for mid range to post up game.  Everything else you said I agree with, especially the highlighted part.

• Sad 1

I would trade Trae straight up for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.  Alexander is THAT good.  The Hawks obviously would want more, but Alexander is that dude.  I honestly feel he is better than Ja Morant.  He has the entire offensive repetoire and can finish in the trees better than Trae because of his size and athletic ability.  

shai-sga.gif

tumblr_phosxlpu8I1s3gys4o2_r1_400.gif

eaf45f236c5fa6b388fb335d31337466f8d53e08

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Glad you rang.  Oklahoma City Thunder ahre last in the NBA in attendance and have been for a while. Trae is from Oklahoma.  The starting point of the trade obviously would be Trae Young for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. 

Now THAT could be a winning trade for the Hawks. They also got that Giddey kid who can play, just in case Ressler still wants someone with a funny hair. 😆  Just be sure to get some firsts as well, and get this done, Landry!

One can only dream...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Now THAT could be a winning trade for the Hawks. They also got that Giddey kid who can play, just in case Ressler still wants someone with a funny hair. 😆  Just be sure to get some firsts as well, and get this done, Landry!

One can only dream...

This would be a REVERSE marketing move for the Hawks.  They would move on from their marketing centerpiece and give OKC the marketing piece they need to get folks in their stands.  I'm gonna tell you something, most folks would look at the Hawks as wanting more from OKC to get a deal done, but OKC might look at Trae like most folks do and still want more from the Hawks even though this deal is centered on the marketability of Trae in Oklahoma.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I would trade Trae straight up for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.  Alexander is THAT good.  The Hawks obviously would want more, but Alexander is that dude.  I honestly feel he is better than Ja Morant.  He has the entire offensive repetoire and can finish in the trees better than Trae because of his size and athletic ability.  

shai-sga.gif

tumblr_phosxlpu8I1s3gys4o2_r1_400.gif

eaf45f236c5fa6b388fb335d31337466f8d53e08

I don't think the Thunder would do an SGA/Trae straight up at this point, particularly since SGA has the better contract.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Sothron said:

This team is just so disappointing. I expect Snyder to have some guys moving in the offseason. 

As much grief as Hunter gets on here the Hawks are now 3-9 in games without him.

Trae's shooting this season has really sunk from last season when he was legit First Team All NBA and got screwed to Third Team All NBA. His defense has picked up this season but his shooting has fallen off a cliff. 

I'm not putting this all on him. JC has disappeared as a shooter outside of the mid range. DJM can't hit threes. Capela is still Capela. We have one guy in our starting rotation willing to shoot three pointers. You simply cannot win in the modern NBA with that. Four out of five starters either incapable or unwilling to shoot threes. The one that does is having his worst shooting season in his career.

I don't think Hunter is unwilling or incapable to shoot threes. when they're open, he's been making them at a very reasonable clip. But you're right, we definitely have a 3PT problem among our starters. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Packfill said:

To state the obvious, that was a terrible loss for this Hawks team.  I am a little torn at this point as to how I want the post season to play out.  Part of me wants the team to exit quickly so as to increase the likelihood the teams is aggressive in changing the roster in the offseason.  

I'm actually cool with them getting tossed in the play-in tournament. If they get to the playoffs, that would be nice, but I think it could be better for the Hawks not even making it. 

Totally cool with that.