• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Yesterday's game was actually not bad..  but here are the things that we have to fix...

1st.. the good.    Hunter stepped up in a major way.  I wished he had not gone away from Hunter.   I'm glad that he has learned that every outside shot doesn't have to be shot, he can put the ball on the floor.   Once he realizes that when he puts the ball on the floor, he messes up the defense- and learns to pass..  Hunter will be a complete player.

As much shit as yall give Clint..  Clint was making free throws.   I was pleased with that. 

Trae and DJ got us what.. 58?  I think that's around their average.   

Here's the deal.  The others have to be better.   I love Siddiq but as we move forward, Siddiq has to produce.   This was probably the worst game I have watched OO play.  He has to be better.  Derrick White is baiting him and will flop in an instance.  JJ has to deliver too. 

We lost the game on the boards.   The Celtics are not a strong rebounding team and we let them out effort us on the boards... especially in the end of the first and 2nd quarters.    We have outrebounded them  all series until last night.   Us getting second chances is what hurts them.   They did that to us in the 2nd. 

I have been a defender of JC but this was putrid play.  in front of the home crowd.  

I'm putting a challenge out to JC for Tuesday.. SHOW WHY YOU WHERE THAT CAPTAIN'S C...  Not in interviews, not in getting the team hyped up in the back.. BUT On the DAMN COURT... 

We need more from Bogi and we need to go to Bogi.   Bogi is our best distance shooter but at the same time, he can put the ball on the floor and get to his midrange game.   Bogi, we need that.   When Trae is off the floor and you are in, we need you producing. 

Mainly though.. we need to hit open shoots.   We missed a ton.  IF JC can't get it done from the start, then bench him like Thibs benched Randle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

OO (so disappointing) has joined Trae as the only negative off court players in the series, still no positives on the court:

B7EFA9AB-F17D-4DCA-AC4B-FF27645AFFFD.thumb.jpeg.c3c30fd935668d8c1302460262a2537f.jpeg

Sh*t is sad.

The bench unit, outside of Game 3, has been the difference in this series.  And that's too bad, because that same group has been stellar for about 4 - 5 weeks before the playoffs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

This! I think we get 2 in a row. We felt them out they gave us what they had, we haven’t shown our best ball by any means yet. Everything we got, it’s time to show it now. No holding back. 

Exactly.  The mid streak is on the line.  It predicts we lose Game 7 in Boston.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2 spg/9.2 rpg....playing PG vs smaller players.

We've had problem with the not clicking this year.  Quin has the team playing harder but our defense is just out of control.   Im thinking Quin makes some changes in the offseason.   We need some muscle inside and toughness on the wing.  

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The bench unit, outside of Game 3, has been the difference in this series.  And that's too bad, because that same group has been stellar for about 4 - 5 weeks before the playoffs.

OO been getting exposed this series. It's a learning process. But he gotta handle defending around the perimeter and dealing with high screens to shoot better. Capela and JC did a superior job at it. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

OO been getting exposed this series. It's a learning process. But he gotta handle defending around the perimeter and dealing with high screens to shoot better. Capela and JC did a superior job at it. 

Yeah it's been a disappointing series for him for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
Just now, macdaddy said:

Yeah it's been a disappointing series for him for sure. 

But hopefully an important learning experience.  I don't think he has physical limitations so this is more about learning what to do and mastering that part of the game.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

But hopefully an important learning experience.  I don't think he has physical limitations so this is more about learning what to do and mastering that part of the game.

That's how I see it too. Offensively, I do believe it's limitations but that's the case for all of these bigs. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah and truth is he'd probably be feasting inside if the C's were scared in any way of our 3 point attack. 

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I must say.. Yall Trae haters are out in full force this morning.   

35/15  with a 15:1 A:TO doesn't get you any respect on this board.

1 guy saying Trae can't win because he's too short. 

1 guy saying that Trae is just like Lillard and should have never been given a max contract. 

1 guy saying Trae = Kurt Rambus...

Damn.. Yall contine spewing this ignorance.

Shakes-head GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Yeah, that was a great single game.  What about the first two games of the series?  I know I'll get the "every player has bad games" and I agree with that.  But no first tier superstar wants to come and play with Trae.  That tells you something in and of itself.  Durant had no interest in coming here.  Kyrie had no interest in coming here (which is okay).  LeBron has never been interested in coming here.  How are we ever going to advance if no one wants to come here?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Yeah, that was a great single game.  What about the first two games of the series?  I know I'll get the "every player has bad games" and I agree with that.  But no first tier superstar wants to come and play with Trae.  That tells you something in and of itself.  Durant had no interest in coming here.  Kyrie had no interest in coming here (which is okay).  LeBron has never been interested in coming here.  How are we ever going to advance if no one wants to come here?

We don't know that Durant didn't want to come here because of Trae.  He went to a team that's already a contender (sounds familiar).   And there are currently a ton of rumors of the Lakers wanting Trae.

What 'first tier' guys are beating down the door to play with Luka, Lilllard, Butler, SGA, Ja, Hali etc etc

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

We've never in the history of the Atlanta Hawks attracted a first tier superstar so I'm not banking on that but I do think the odds are better that some superstar clicks with Trae and wants to come than if we unload him and are relying on someone being excited about playing with Siakam.  DM was excited about playing with Trae when he came here.  (Unlike with Luka, we haven't had multiple All-Stars wanting to leave Atlanta while Trae was here.)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We don't know that Durant didn't want to come here because of Trae.  He went to a team that's already a contender (sounds familiar).   And there are currently a ton of rumors of the Lakers wanting Trae.

What 'first tier' guys are beating down the door to play with Luka, Lilllard, Butler, SGA, Ja, Hali etc etc

That's right.  That still doesn't change our situation.  There are players that just don't attract top talent to come join them on their team.  Last time I looked, the Atlanta metro area has well over 6 million people, the 9th largest in the US.  We are not a small market.  However, we are perceived as a small market.  Dallas has goofy ownership.  SGA, Ja and Hali are in markets no one wants to be in, and probably the same is true of Atlanta for whatever reason.

I was looking at comments on the collision that occurred this week where two drivers were killed on I-75.  A common statement was that our traffic was the worst in the nation (worse than Boston or Chicago).  Another was that we have a lot of violent crime in Atlanta.  I just don't know how attractive we are as a city to outside players.  Trae has a reputation, rightly or wrongly, of being selfish and immature.  For example, he is asked to distribute the ball a little more, and what does he do?  He pouts, and doesn't shoot at all, all the time with a scowl on his face (i.e. throws a tantrum.)  No one asked him not to score, they just wanted a more balanced offense, but he takes it personally and pouts. 

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

We've never in the history of the Atlanta Hawks attracted a first tier superstar so I'm not banking on that but I do think the odds are better that some superstar clicks with Trae and wants to come than if we unload him and are relying on someone being excited about playing with Siakam.  DM was excited about playing with Trae when he came here.  (Unlike with Luka, we haven't had multiple All-Stars wanting to leave Atlanta while Trae was here.)

Getting Siakam was not a personal goal of mine, I just saw it as an opportunity to unload Trae and get a talented player in return instead of a bunch of mediocre players to make the salaries match.

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not so fast.  We signed Julius Erving back in the 1970s.  The problem was we didn't own his draft rights, and the league ultimately nixed the signing.  Erving enjoyed playing with Maravich and Hudson in practice.

Edited by Watchman