• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

That little croup-like malady that's all the rage in our crowded airports these days already swept through the Rockets roster once. Spinning the block, it has now ensnared OTE-based rookie Amen Thompson and Jae'Sean Tate, who had just returned from a brief illness stint to play in recent losses at Milwaukee and Cleveland. Tate and Thompson are listed as Questionable on the early-morning Boo-Boo Report, ahead of tonight's contest.

Victor Oladipo and his troublesome patella tendon remain encased in a Mason jar. Rookie Cam Whitmore is on G-League assignment (Go Skyhawks btw!) with a couple of Houston's two-ways.

On the Hawks' Bogi (inflamed ankle) is again listed as Questionable ahead of this game. Seth Freakin' Lundy is back on G-League duty, although Trent Forrest is still runnin' with the big dogs. You can maybe find AJ Griffin on TwiXter at @whereisAG21.

~lw3

• Like 4

• Moderators

The Nov. 2022 loss in Houston squandered Atlanta's chance to tie-up their all-time season-series versus San Diego/Houston (80-82).

Rockets GameNotes posts that VanVleet's tally of 27 points, 17 assists, 8 boards and 2 steals in the loss at Cleveland (2 TOs) made him the first Rocket and the 7th NBA player since at least 1996-97 to clear those thresholds in a game.

Meanwhile, another ho-hum 31-and-15 for Trae has him closing in, as per KL Chouinard, on the cheerful Jerry West for 6th all-time in career 30+ point, 10+ assist performances. A fifth-straight Thirty-Ten-masterpiece would move Trae into a tie with His Airness, Russ, and Tiny Archibald for the longest such streak, two behind THE Big O's seven.

Lately, Swiss Bank is giving Navy Federal a run for their money when it comes to rejections. Three-straight games returning at least three shots to sender has Clint Capela tied with Chet Holmgren for the league's active streak. Another three blocks tonight would move Clint into a tie with Sap at 12th-place in the Hawks' franchise list.

~lw3

• Like 4

• Premium Member

This is going to be a tough game.   They have good players and their coach should be up for COY.  We're going to need for Quin to uncover every rock.  Whether that be the Big lineup.  Playing the hot hand.... Hey what's up with Quin pulling guys with the Hot hand?  And even PNRing them to death if they let it...

Let's go Hawks.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

@Spud2nique nothing says "video game" like the idea that Bogi scores 46 points, Trae gets 40 assists (and 5 steals), and OO gets 24 rebounds (and 4 blocks) all in the same game.  But I definitely want to be watching if the Hawks pull that off!

@Spud2nique turned down the difficulty and is comp stomping now (and actually hitting 3s)

• Haha 2

ESPN has gone crazy!  There is no doubt in my mind.  They have the Hawks favored tonight.   :ahf:

If I were a betting man, and I'm not, I wouldn't put any of my money on Atlanta winning tonight's game.  I know that, on any given night, any NBA team is capable of beating any other NBA team.  Hawks may win tonight.  I really hope that they do.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 1