• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Yea I can't blame Schlenk for all of this

The Front Office shouldn't have listened to Trae when he said he wanted DJM on the team. They shoulda told him to shut his ass up. No High Quality Front Office woulda listened to his ass but the damn Hawks smh

The thing is, the spurs version of DJM is exactly what this team needed. A tall guard who was a great defender and could put up 20 points per night. His attention to detail on defense could help mask some of Trae’s deficiencies. However since coming to Atlanta, Murray’s defence has gone to shit. He seems more preoccupied for just padding his offensive stats. For that reason Murray needs to go.

Edited by TheBigETrain

Quinn is mos def flawed but are y'all seriously talking about getting a 4th coach in 6 years?!?! That is pretty much unprecedented

That is terrible and there is one constant variable in this. You know what it is

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I can’t even expect the Hawks to have the best player on the floor versus tanking teams now. We gotta worry about the Cade Cunninghams, Anfernee Simons’, Kyle Kuzmas, and Devin Vassells playing their best and controlling the outcome of the game because our players don’t impact winning at all.

The Hawks have simply been lapped by most of the league’s young players since the Conference Finals run.

The only player the Hawks have on a steady improvement incline is Jalen.  Everyone else hit a hard ceiling.  Bogi’s being guarded too closely on and off ball now.  Or free-falling like AJ who has been properly ruined and Clint who is clearly exhausted here.  Or been stagnant since last season which is everyone else.

OO’s overall effort has been infected by the gross coaching disregard for defense. Murray is a headless chicken as a team player and the league has fully unlocked the plethora of iadvantages that accompany Trae’s lack of size, poor makeup, and downright zany minutes share and workload.  I do appreciate the hell outta Bey’s offensive boarding though, the Hawks’ record would surely be even worse without it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Landry 

Quin

And Kyle 

Go get two way players who are high IQ basketball players who can play with or without the ball, always moving, setting screens, playing hard and being menace on defense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheBigETrain said:

The thing is, the spurs version of DJM is exactly what this team needed. A tall guard who was a great defender and could put up 20 points per night. His attention to detail on defense could help mask some of Trae’s deficiencies. However since coming to Atlanta, Murray’s defence has gone to shit. He seems more preoccupied for just padding his offensive stats. For that reason he needs to go.

That player is a PG and he was playing next to a high BBIQ guard in White who knows how to play on both ends. He was allowed to play more risky which he can't do in Atlanta.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Landry 

Quin

And Kyle 

Go get two way players who are high IQ basketball players who can play with or without the ball, always moving, setting screens, playing hard and being menace on defense.

They have no idea how to identify those type of players.  Quin lucked up in Utah with vets like Ingles and Conley, two super high IQ guys and Gobert, a defensive metrics titan.  He can’t make a tangible difference outside of being an assistant.  Look how much better Don Mitchell got once he split.

Edited by benhillboy

When I told Jay ass Nate gets the most out of his team's in the RS and they usually get worse when he's gone, Jay told me Idk what I am talking about. All I got is 30+ years of knowing this game at an extremely high level. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, TheBigETrain said:

The thing is, the spurs version of DJM is exactly what this team needed. A tall guard who was a great defender and could put up 20 points per night. His attention to detail on defense could help mask some of Trae’s deficiencies. However since coming to Atlanta, Murray’s defence has gone to shit. He seems more preoccupied for just padding his offensive stats. For that reason Murray needs to go.

Here's the problem...DJ was a Point Guard for the Spurs and the Hawks have him as a Shooting Guard. DJ is not a SG, and he's been proving that the he isn't an SG. The Hawks took a gamble thinking he could and they ended up with egg on their faces.

I think DJ could work here if he was THE PG but not as a SG. No way jose

The Hawks really thought this was about to be Zeke & Dumars 2.0 LMAOOO

Edited by Bonkers
  • Sad 1

Just now, benhillboy said:

They have no idea how to identify those type of players.

Lundy and Gueye is a good start. 

It depends what they expect out of Bufkin. He has a lot of Jason Terry in his game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Yea I can't blame Schlenk for all of this

The Front Office shouldn't have listened to Trae when he said he wanted DJM on the team. They shoulda told him to shut his ass up. No High Quality Front Office woulda listened to his ass but the damn Hawks smh

You just can't stop with adding DJM though.

You add Murray, then add better fitting pieces.

WE still haven't used part of Collins 23 million TPE yet.

I get it.  Ressler doesn't want to go into the tax, just to put a mediocre team on the floor.  But you still have to look to always add talent.  Even role playing talent.

Murray, for all intents and purposes, has done his job as a compliment to Trae.  21 - 5 - 5 . . . career highs in 3 point shooting ( or close to it ).  But the team as a whole can't defend and can't rebound.  That's not all on Murray.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Quinn is mos def flawed but are y'all seriously talking about getting a 4th coach in 6 years?!?! That is pretty much unprecedented

That is terrible and there is one constant variable in this. You know what it is

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You just can't stop with adding DJM though.

You add Murray, then add better fitting pieces.

WE still haven't used part of Collins 23 million TPE yet.

I get it.  Ressler doesn't want to go into the tax, just to put a mediocre team on the floor.  But you still have to look to always add talent.  Even role playing talent.

Murray, for all intents and purposes, has done his job as a compliment to Trae.  21 - 5 - 5 . . . career highs in 3 point shooting ( or close to it ).  But the team as a whole can't defend and can't rebound.  That's not all on Murray.

WRONG

You don't add Murray period because like I said before...Murray is NOT A SHOOTING GUARD!!

• Like 1