• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

9 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I personally didn't want Trae coming out of college. I wanted Doncic because he had professional experience in Europe.  Trae had a lot of question marks about his game ( takes a lot of 3 pointers), his size and lack of defense.  I wanted Doncic over Trae for THOSE reasons.  When they announced the trade during the draft, I didn't like it. I gave Trae the benefit of the doubt during his rookie season and actually was pulling for him.  During his second season when the Hawks were building out the roster, I wanted his game to change and the hard head didn't do it.  My reason for not wanting Trae changed from his questionable ability to play in the NBA, to his lack of character and nonchampionship playing style.

Please dont remind me of that night.... 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

One of my sources told me during the hockey game that after tonight's game there was a huge meltdown from Ressler to the FO about the complete lack of effort. Source says Trae is now frustrated to the point that Ressler is worried he's going to ask for a trade out this offseason.

I am so glad I was not able to watch the last two games because I intentionally chose to support my local hockey team with season tickets and myself and Mrs. Sothron have a blast there.

Traede him NOW then...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

One of my sources told me during the hockey game that after tonight's game there was a huge meltdown from Ressler to the FO about the complete lack of effort. Source says Trae is now frustrated to the point that Ressler is worried he's going to ask for a trade out this offseason.

I am so glad I was not able to watch the last two games because I intentionally chose to support my local hockey team with season tickets and myself and Mrs. Sothron have a blast there.

giphy.gif

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No shock here. I believe it and I think fans who don’t believe it are crazy.

We can’t fix this with Trae and probably will have to tank for 3-5 more years if we trade him.

ive never checked out on the hawks but this is the first season I’m not watching games and definitely not attempting to attend them.

Trae is at fault but so is the FO & Owners. They all share a big Blame for what this has turned into.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

No shock here. I believe it and I think fans who don’t believe it are crazy.

We can’t fix this with Trae and probably will have to tank for 3-5 more years if we trade him.

ive never checked out on the hawks but this is the first season I’m not watching games and definitely not attempting to attend them.

Trae is at fault but so is the FO & Owners. They all share a big Blame for what this has turned into.

Mostly on Ressler.  Hes micromanaging the FO which is why Schlenk isnt here right now anyways.  Im honestly surprised Quin chose to come here, but Im glad he did because I think he can get us to a respectable level quickly even if Trae asks out

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Can confirm this one, saw him during the game and several times he threw his hands up in the air and was more emotive than normal, just generally just looked rly pissed and flustered.  Normally he just stares at his phone most of the game.  As I was trying to describe what row/seat he was on to my dad, Washington got like three offensive rebounds in a row and I was like “oh, the old guy right there that is burying his face in his hands”.  Lol.

I have no clue how fans are still showing up for this. The ice Trae effect will soon take a toll on this fan base with all the losses piling up.

as soon as Trae gets that Atlanta Joe Johnson fan base attendance these owners won’t want shit to do with Trae.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Offensively, Murray has been a B player.  Really no major complaints about him offensively, outside of his inability to run a half court offense.  Murray got a ton of transition assists while in San Antonio.  He was used to getting a lot of rebounds and starting the fast break himself in transition.  He has not been good running halfcourt offense.

Defensively, it doesn't matter if he's guarding PGs or SGs, he's been a C- on defense at best, with his ability to play passing lanes only saving him from being lower.  His posture on defense is horrible, and he's way too open at times.  He doesn't body people at all on defense.  Even that play with Avidja or Kispert in the 4th, he backed DJ all the way down under the rim and got the layup.

With Trae and Murray, we needed a bigger, more athletic frontline.  We have that in JJ, but we need more athleticism up front.  Capela's missed shots at the rim are becoming more frequent.  OO doesn't play strong enough in the middle, and he struggles at times getting rebounds.  And with only 4 "bigs" on the roster, and only 1 player over 6 - 9, the Hawks are not only small in the backcourt, they're really small in the front court.

Although I called this collapse weeks ago I held out the hope that with our backcourt we could add some athletic Bigs through the Draft and free agency and become a good team.

Well it looks like the team  has thrown their hands up and has lost all positive energy towards this season. I thought maybe Trae and Murray  with Bufkin and AJ as the backups  [if they were developed right] we could use all our resources to straighten out our front court and become a very good team. Not ideal but at least competitive . I was trying to hold out hope but the years of watching and playing basketball told me something different. 

Who is in charge of development, because I'm not seeing any. You can't tell me AJ can't play. I think players have given up and want out.

I didn't want a full blown rebuild but it may come down to that. 

Question is do we believe our front office is up to the task. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We don't even have to tank with Quin. We just need to make impactful moves. 

Get vets who know how to play to be backups. No cheap vets. Every vet should make 10 mil or more. JJ and OO already add positive value. Our job is to get three youngins who can grow together and they have all of the winning qualities we are looking for as well as can play unselfish like the 60 win Hawks.

Honestly I’m not really encouraged by what I’m seeing from OO. He looks like he regressed under Quinn. Don’t seem like OO is his type of player …I say trade OO too at this point.

I would be ok getting a high lottery pick but I gotta be honest supes…I don’t trust this FO to make a smart move.

unfortunately smart moves may not equal the best business decisions money wise.

2 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Question is do we believe our front office is up to the task. 

Don’t trust them or this owner. Once we trade Trae I will probably have to watch the hawks from a far.

too much time and energy as a fan hoping this team does well…fails us every time.

57 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The clothing style update from the 1800s till today,

Hah hah hah, funny.

I was looking at Persona Anime and playing Persona 5R all day and did not pay attention to that crap show known as the Hawks.

Besides the Phantom Thieves of Hearts could beat the Hawks right now. 

68655.jpg

But I think it is time to blow it up and try again because this team is not going to work.  Keep JJ, OO and maybe Trae (unless you get alot of good assets for him).

37 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I personally didn't want Trae coming out of college. I wanted Doncic because he had professional experience in Europe.  Trae had a lot of question marks about his game ( takes a lot of 3 pointers), his size and lack of defense.  I wanted Doncic over Trae for THOSE reasons.  When they announced the trade during the draft, I didn't like it. I gave Trae the benefit of the doubt during his rookie season and actually was pulling for him.  During his second season when the Hawks were building out the roster, I wanted his game to change and the hard head didn't do it.  My reason for not wanting Trae changed from his questionable ability to play in the NBA, to his lack of character and nonchampionship playing style.

This! Trae is a better player than what he's willing to do for the Hawks and that tells you about his character. 35% career 3pt shooter instead of reducing # of attempts and playing to his strengths, he racked them up by 30% this season from his career average lol. Those long range 3's where he's shooting from the floor (without being able to jump) are ugly low % shots that are killing the team. Nate wanted him to play the team game and got fired for it. He thinks he can do whatever he wants and he's just doing it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Tonight was bad.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, JTB said:

HOW DO YOU DRAFT TRAE YOUNG AND DONT PUT DEFENSE AND LENGTH AROUND HIM FOR 6 DAMN SEASONS!

This team lost track of the vision.

Defense and length is not that easy to find. Also defense and length has to be able to play offense too.