• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

25 minutes ago, JTB said:

HOW DO YOU DRAFT TRAE YOUNG AND DONT PUT DEFENSE AND LENGTH AROUND HIM FOR 6 DAMN SEASONS!

This team lost track of the vision.

Murray was suppose to be an All NBA Defender. He is now Mike Bibby on D. Hunter is underwhelming. Capela is old. JJ is still learning but improving.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If it is . . that's 5 more years of losing.

More than that...

This group in the FO can't draft worth a nothing.  There is no vision... and the coach... will never make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.  The approach should be top down... not bottom up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

For my Luka fans...  All of you crying about I wanted Luka...

How long do you think Luka would have put up with this FO's foolishness?

He would have been asked for a trade. 

This is a quote from 2022...

Although Luka Doncic is saying all the right things when asked about his future in Dallas, the pressure is on the Mavericks' front office to improve the roster around their championship hungry superstar.

Remember the Mavs put Kyrie next to Luka and they couldn't even get to the Playin game.  Pay attention to all the structuring and restructuring the Mavs have done trying to find a good match with Luka.

Quit your bitching.

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

I personally didn't want Trae coming out of college. I wanted Doncic because he had professional experience in Europe.  Trae had a lot of question marks about his game ( takes a lot of 3 pointers), his size and lack of defense.  I wanted Doncic over Trae for THOSE reasons.  When they announced the trade during the draft, I didn't like it. I gave Trae the benefit of the doubt during his rookie season and actually was pulling for him.  During his second season when the Hawks were building out the roster, I wanted his game to change and the hard head didn't do it.  My reason for not wanting Trae changed from his questionable ability to play in the NBA, to his lack of character and nonchampionship playing style.

At least Luka's owner is not the type to stand pat, and got his star player some legit talent to try to help him.  And even they know that they need higher level talent still.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm staying for all the temper tantrums from these anti-Trae guys.  They've saved em all up, right?  It's pretty pathetic yet entertaining.  

Let them get it out.   We're losing, and he's playing bad, so it's not like it's unwarranted.

Most of them were MIA when he in particular was playing very well in December.  And if he picks it up again, they'll go back into the shadows.

Bottom line is that this front office has to do something, to try to change the team's fortunes.

Winning cures everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

One of my sources told me during the hockey game that after tonight's game there was a huge meltdown from Ressler to the FO about the complete lack of effort. Source says Trae is now frustrated to the point that Ressler is worried he's going to ask for a trade out this offseason.

I am so glad I was not able to watch the last two games because I intentionally chose to support my local hockey team with season tickets and myself and Mrs. Sothron have a blast there.

Trae made some comments post game about his confidence in Quin but he did throw a subliminal shot at someone in locker room that they aren’t bought in. This feels awfully similar to when they were waiting for reddish trade to go down that szn. 

• Like 3

This team was in the conference finals and didn't require big moves. 80% of the personal was and it's still there. Some good moves were done by jettisoning Cam, Red velvet and Collins. Although I liked Collins I understand the move and JJ is a good and cheap replacement.  Trae/Bogi/Dre/JJ and KAT would have been a solution. The stock should have been sold for KAT and not for DJM. Clint can't play modern game. Can't shoot, can't finish around the rim and doesn't space the floor. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Just a reminder.  The Hawks owe unprotected picks and a pick swap to the Spurs.  Tanking is literally not an option.

I’d say it is an option for this year ala the Spurs tank jon for Duncan where they shut people down who could have played but we need to be ready to compete next year for the exact reason you mention,

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Nash said:

This! Trae is a better player than what he's willing to do for the Hawks and that tells you about his character. 35% career 3pt shooter instead of reducing # of attempts and playing to his strengths, he racked them up by 30% this season from his career average lol. Those long range 3's where he's shooting from the floor (without being able to jump) are ugly low % shots that are killing the team. Nate wanted him to play the team game and got fired for it. He thinks he can do whatever he wants and he's just doing it

The increase in 3 point attempts was a mandate from Quin.  All of our shooters have seen their 3 point attempts go up.  A big reason why we've been a top 5 offensive team ( until lately ), was our ability to take and make a lot of 3s.  Quin's mandate for the team to take more 3s, was correct.  But all of our 3 point shooters are extremely streaky.

As for Trae's long range shooting ( 3s from 30+ feet ), it has been above 40% 3FG for most of the year.  Yes, that means all of those long range 3s that fans think are bad shots, were actually going in at a higher rate than 3s coming from less than 30 feet.

He has not been good at all since the 30+ ppg - 10+ apg streak ended right after Christmas.  And he has been horrible from deep

image.thumb.png.b1448d3c101353ecebc7d233be3b5cb5.png

We know he's had some issue with his shoulder for 2 - 3 weeks now.  Do fans want to hear that excuse?  No.  But it is a fact.

Here are some other guys in the past 9 games

DJ - excellent shooting from deep, with more aggressiveness going to the basket.  He's been very good offensively since Christmas

image.thumb.png.3d11d8ecb8b2688262892c31bd31ef2a.png

Bogi - shooting has really fallen off of a cliff since Christmas.  Deeper 3s aren't falling at all.

image.thumb.png.32c8c7abf3f8f2757fcb7408b5052ff9.png

Bey - still struggling big time on his corner 3s.  Overall FG% is low as well.

image.thumb.png.39b9340ff109a981f189ca388fa9fcf3.png

You can't have 3 of our 4 main shooters go this cold, and expect to win games.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’d say it is an option for this year ala the Spurs tank jon for Duncan where they shut people down who could have played but we need to be ready to compete next year for the exact reason you mention,

I definitely agree that getting a lottery pick this year is more valuable than getting smoked in a play-in or first round matchup.  That said, they're not just going to start miraculously winning next season.  They're gonna have to start working towards that the rest of the way this season (which may hurt the pick position some).  Reading between the lines of Trae's postgame comments, he's a firm believer in Quin which is good.  However, it seems that there are guys in that locker room who aren't listening to Quin's message (not good).

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Trae made some comments post game about his confidence in Quin but he did throw a subliminal shot at someone in locker room that they aren’t bought in. This feels awfully similar to when they were waiting for reddish trade to go down that szn. 

"I'm so happy..."

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiePLrLb0_hfw

Missed the game but just saw the final. I ain’t gonna watch. Man, we lose to a team with that was 6-31 at home? No excuses whatsoever. Wow.

We aren’t serious this year it seems. Dang.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

One of my sources told me during the hockey game that after tonight's game there was a huge meltdown from Ressler to the FO about the complete lack of effort. Source says Trae is now frustrated to the point that Ressler is worried he's going to ask for a trade out this offseason.

I am so glad I was not able to watch the last two games because I intentionally chose to support my local hockey team with season tickets and myself and Mrs. Sothron have a blast there.

Should Ressler be more worried about the lack of effort from Trae himself. This organization needs to bring him someone external to do a complete review of the whole basketball operations.

10 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

"I'm so happy..."

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiePLrLb0_hfw

Why do you think Reddish is happy?  The Lakers are probably going to deal him the first chance they get, if they get an upgrade in talent.  He has an increased role in LA as a defensive wing, but he's not playing well at all.

image.thumb.png.cd599cce211b1f759c8783aff5fd006e.png

image.thumb.png.860b76afe6688f9bb462075fa64b905a.png

image.thumb.png.a519345c461f5889eeaa32ca8098eccb.png

Low production.  Negative metrics.  Poor on court +/-

He's the same ol Cam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We don't even have to tank with Quin. We just need to make impactful moves. 

Get vets who know how to play to be backups. No cheap vets. Every vet should make 10 mil or more. JJ and OO already add positive value. Our job is to get three youngins who can grow together and they have all of the winning qualities we are looking for as well as can play unselfish like the 60 win Hawks.

Thats who carried us to the ECF in 2021.. THE VETS

Lou Will Gallo Bogi etc were HUGE...

Hell even Solo made an impact....

Trae got most of the praise(some deserving), but he shot like shit as usual 

Thank Goodness Mitch Robinson was out vs NY..

And thank God for Huerter in Philly game 7..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The Trae Young era might be over in Atlanta

I can't say I'll be as happy as when we got rid of Midrange Shawty, but I'm positive this would be a HUGE step in the right direction. 

For as long as he's in the ATL, he will always be the guy the FO took instead of you-know-who.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They need to move him asap. He's the first one that needs to be moved. They need to show that they are serious about building a team that fits Quin style of play. Murray is next. 

Murray should be given an opportunity to play at his natural position. Just saying. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Just a reminder.  The Hawks owe unprotected picks and a pick swap to the Spurs.  Tanking is literally not an option.

Hopefully WE can get picks back via trades

Edited by terrell