Official Game Dread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two games in a row our guards were cheeks. Don't think I've seen this before.

70 + mill $ a year worth of MID.. smh

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

He has to force offense because nothing comes easy for a 6'1 pg that lacks athleticism in the NBA.

Especially if the 3 ball isnt on.... His supporting cast is MID as fk... Just sayin..

I know that and you know that.

So why do people get mad when he forces his offense, but don't make shots?

Trae dished out 12 assists, but it wasn't enough because he didn't take enough shots or get to the line enough.

Even if he shoots 6 - 12 FG, he only scores 18 points max, and we still lose by 15+ points.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two games in a row our guards were cheeks. Don't think I've seen this before.

Quin is a fraud. To not play Bufkin to at least see what he could do on either side of the ball is fireable offense.. Wtf man????

• Like 1

This team really ain't that hard to fix. 

Atlanta needs a better fit at 2 but they have to shoot and defend with plus size. 

Hunter needs to be back in the starting lineup for defensive purposes. Offensively, the 2nd unit is better for him but defensively, we are trash without him. 

JJ offense is where his upside is. Defensively, he's probably not going to be more than a +5. 

Atlanta needs an offensive 5 who can score at a high clip and make easy baskets. The Hawks lack of making easy baskets is the death of the offense. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I know that and you know that.

So why do people get mad when he forces his offense, but don't make shots?

Trae dished out 12 assists, but it wasn't enough because he didn't take enough shots or get to the line enough.

Even if he shoots 6 - 12 FG, he only scores 18 points max, and we still lose by 15+ points.

He took 12 shots and 8 threes for 12 points.. Its not like the he didnt shoot the ball.. He just didnt shoot as much as usual

Hell, he couldve shot 25 and kept missing for all we know..

Its not like it never happens...

He can take all the shots he wants and it usually doesnt matter when the opposing guards are eating his/our lunch

JJ took 18 shots and made half of his

Dre only took 12 and had 21 points..

Didnt matter.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta needs a better fit at 2 but they have to shoot and defend with plus size. 

Hunter needs to be back in the starting lineup for defensive purposes. Offensively, the 2nd unit is better for him but defensively, we are trash without him. 

JJ offense is where his upside is. Defensively, he's probably not going to be more than a +5. 

Atlanta needs an offensive 5 who can score at a high clip and make easy baskets. The Hawks lack of making easy baskets is the death of the offense. 

The Hawks need to learn to play defense. They would give up 120 points to a g league team. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Whos gonna play Defense?

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Quin is a fraud. To not play Bufkin to at least see what he could do on either side of the ball is fireable offense.. Wtf man????

I said that the day he arrived. Misusing Bogi, not playing young players, no in game adjustments, uses his predictable play book for rotations, just gross

Just now, terrell said:

You trust this F.O to make THREE key moves? lol

Idk yet. They haven't had to make a major decision since the Murray trade. Now they will because they don't have a pick in 2025

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Give this man a job Ressler.. lol

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We are never going to be a good defense. Ever with Trae. We need to focus on being elite on offense. 

Yeah Ive been saying this since 2018.. Trae improved but he can only do so much at his size..We need D all around him.. But then the offense would suffer... Shit aint easy man..

Trae with three 3 and D wings with SIZE and an Elite offensive center is how Ive always said we should be built..

Everyone has to be able to guard multiple positions..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I will still be a fan but I am emotionally done with the die hard emotional investment I've had in this franchise since my Dad sat me on his knees to watch the 1979 Hawks at the Omni.

Until the SEVENTH richest owner in the NBA decides to pay the luxury tax and not be a bottom five payroll EVERY YEAR he's owned this franchise we will never be a serious playoff team let alone a contender.

We're not even playing the young guys in blowout losses in what is a clear lost season. Speechless. 

I'm done, everyone. If they do something in the summer that actually means something I might emotionally invest into the team again but now I'm like @sturt . 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3