• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

:Olivia: reminds us the Hawks have not won back-to-back games since November 2.

~lw3

Welcome back Bebe!

Best game of his NBA career? It has to be!

~lw3

I came here to post 'can we string 2 winning games together?'  Loss,  win, loss, win, loss, win, loss etc, this roller coaster is killing me.

For the Hawks, in the 4th quarter, the ball stopped moving on offense and no shot would fall.

On the other hand, it seemed that most every time down, they scored.  They were shooting

70% at one point, hitting threes and those dreaded "and one"  shots and, naturally, almost all

their free throws went in.

When they began to roll, Hawks had no idea of how to stop them.  We started out so great and

ended up so bad.

Lakers are next and they just won #3. 

Crappy way to end a night at home for the Hawks.....

Well at least we have these great write ups by @leathalweapon3 . Bravo to you, my good man. If I can't count on my hawks to do a good job on the court, at least I know you'll be doing a good job on the message board.  Might be the best part of this season so far. Keep up the good work. They should hang up a banner for you in Philips.

• Like 3

A few hours have passed and I'm still thinking about how we lost this one. We were a different team in the first half. That one play where everyone swung the ball and ended up with a Baze 3 had me reminiscing about last year. Seriously, we need to play hot potato with the ball...let everyone touch it for 1 second and swing...if you're open, let it fly.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Korver needs to be off of the court as soon as ANY team goes to a lineup that has three players with good handles.

They exploited this last year, like Hotlanta said.  We can guard guys like Durant and Westbrook, because they'll settle for jumpshots.  Derozan and Lowry, on the other hand, stay in full attack mode, going to the rim.

On the flip side, we're jumpshother city, unless Teague or Dennis can finish at the rim.  Or if Millsap can get a call ( which is rare ).

SMH @ Bebe being +22 for the game in 16 minutes. Simply by doing his job as a defender and as a rebounder.

Surely Tavares can do this. And maybe Dennis will toss some oops to him, instead of taking it all the way to the rim and missing.

Well that was a gut wrenching final quarter. But hey, we all know it won't be the last time this happens this season, and we'll get to do it to another club in due time. Shrug it off and keep going, I liked what I saw through most of the game, good ball movement, good shots, good defense...I'm officially worried about Schröder now...I hope he gets through whatever he is dealing with right now. I almost think he should take some time off, take a breather, reflect on some things, he just isn't right in the head right now. He doesn't believe in his own shot and is trying to shoot his way out of that.

As an aside....we're rebounding better.

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden, JETSET sagte:

What's it going to take for Mack to get PT over Dennis?  His sloppy play in the 3rd gave Toronto life and then the whole team quit while Toronto surged.

You mean the first half where his turn to play got us the 10+ point lead in the first place?

Or the second half where he made 1 TO and was 2 out of 2?

God this board is just awful. First ya'll are whining about him making to many TO's while having the  energizer bunny role, and then when he plays under controll, he supposedly is holding back all that great offense of Scott, Moose and Brickmore...you know why he has high usage, because his talent outshines the whole entire ATL bench together. Mack...GTFO with Mack. I cant hear that name anymore just because of games like this where Dennis isnt even to blame and could have been a reason ATL won if the starters wouldnt waste away. but 1 TO changed everything yada yada yada washwomens talk

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

I couldn't follow the entire second half but I do know they sat DeMarre and killed us with 3 guards just like they did last year with different combinations of Lowry-Vasquez-DeRozan-Lou.  They subbed a scorer for a defender in Joeseph, same results.  

Did Dennis and Jeff play together.  If not would it have made a difference?  Have they exposed yet another way to soundly beat us?  Can we no longer hide Kyle's offensive limitations and defensive liabilities?  What the f@&k?!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

You mean the first half where his turn to play got us the 10+ point lead in the first place?

Or the second half where he made 1 TO and was 2 out of 2?

God this board is just awful. First ya'll are whining about him making to many TO's while having the  energizer bunny role, and then when he plays under controll, he supposedly is holding back all that great offense of Scott, Moose and Brickmore...you know why he has high usage, because his talent outshines the whole entire ATL bench together. Mack...GTFO with Mack. I cant hear that name anymore just because of games like this where Dennis isnt even to blame and could have been a reason ATL won if the starters wouldnt waste away. but 1 TO changed everything yada yada yada washwomens talk

This board is loaded with idiots.  Always blaming Dennis when Jeff was the one who got his card pulled.

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I couldn't follow the entire second half but I do know they sat DeMarre and killed us with 3 guards just like they did last year with different combinations of Lowry-Vasquez-DeRozan-Lou.  They subbed a scorer for a defender in Joeseph, same results.  

Did Dennis and Jeff play together.  If not would it have made a difference?  Have they exposed yet another way to soundly beat us?  Can we no longer hide Kyle's offensive limitations and defensive liabilities?  What the f@&k?!

Kyle is washed up

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They exploited this last year, like Hotlanta said.  We can guard guys like Durant and Westbrook, because they'll settle for jumpshots.  Derozan and Lowry, on the other hand, stay in full attack mode, going to the rim.

On the flip side, we're jumpshother city, unless Teague or Dennis can finish at the rim.  Or if Millsap can get a call ( which is rare ).

SMH @ Bebe being +22 for the game in 16 minutes. Simply by doing his job as a defender and as a rebounder.

Surely Tavares can do this. And maybe Dennis will toss some oops to him, instead of taking it all the way to the rim and missing.

We get mad at Dennis but 2nd string is loaded with one dimensional players. I miss Pero Antić

Teams def done, they just dont have the talent, again like all teams, the cliche is real - it doesnt exist for no reason, we need real players, not a bunch of role players jacking each other off.  Real players can play team basketball too ppl.  J smoove has the iq of a woodland creature so it was hopeless to get him in this type of system.  Whoevers fault it is for not getting players here, its probably us, the fans.  PPl need to support the team plenty of ATL locals to do that, I grew up going to them, no problem in the omni.  Whos going to come here ? are we ever going to draft high enough - we livve in a physical world, if we need to tank to get top spot in the draft fine, its been done before.  Stop being so proud.  Get real players. win some games. 

So the wife was mad after I went all ....

Donald Duck Rage 

after that 4th quarter "performance" by my Hawks.

This morning I went all ... 

RAGE

on the way to work.  I drop the kids off at school so they were kinda confused by it all.

The first person to walk into my office got a mcgrbr

I'm better now though.  I've progressed to ....

Flaming Mad

I'm doing better than @Spud2Nique.  Here's "him" at the buffet last night ...

table

@MaceCase was also somewhat upset ...

Furious Pony

Sorry, not much intelligent to say about the game itself.  Just lettin' off some steam.

If a team is going to a three guard lineup specifically because they think you only have one great perimeter defender, then you might have a problem with most of your perimeter players on defense idk idk (really every single one of them but one).

If Schröder wasn’t struggling, I would have liked the idea of trying to go to that three guard lineup, but since he had been only one option made sense and it would have been a very bold move (and probably a little stupid), and it was go with Teague/Patterson/Sefolosha.

I still think only one move really needs to be made if they’re sticking with most of this team (said so on another forum), but I’m not sure of how it would be pulled off. To get an elite two way wing player (not good, like a Carroll/Green, elite like a Butler/Leonard).

It’s either that or press the reset button entirely and do it fast.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

So the wife was mad after I went all ....

Donald Duck Rage 

after that 4th quarter "performance" by my Hawks.

This morning I went all ... 

RAGE

on the way to work.  I drop the kids off at school so they were kinda confused by it all.

The first person to walk into my office got a mcgrbr

I'm better now though.  I've progressed to ....

Flaming Mad

I'm doing better than @Spud2Nique.  Here's "him" at the buffet last night ...

table

@MaceCase was also somewhat upset ...

Furious Pony

Sorry, not much intelligent to say about the game itself.  Just lettin' off some steam.

Lol...why the heck do people think I'm fat when I'm ripped? Next time you show a pic of me lettin off some steam about the Hawks it would be more accurate to use Dwayne Johnson or Vin Diesel gifs. 

Ps I'm not a tool... :-|