• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Wow I knew Marcus Smart was making threes but 5 of 9? And it is in the scouting report for the Hawks to let guys like him shoot, yikes.

All of the good Celtics players are too small. They might win a series but if they actually did get #1 (they won't) they probably would have been even weaker than the 2015 Hawks.

Great games by Taurean/Tim. I think the first half qualifies as a "moment" for Taurean. Wonder if a certain someone (cough, Isaiah) was on him early.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

27 minutes

1-for-8 FGs

incl. 0-for-2 on threes

5 rebounds

3 assists

1 block...

Claptastic!

~lw3

Ah man, you cant be throwing Jordan Mickey's line out there.  It's not like he's some major part of their plans and such.

Good team win.  Tim is back on his game, Sap gonna Sap hampered or not, and Prince continues to show growth.  I just need for him to cool out on the 1-on-3 and 4 fast breaks thinking he has the Euro step of Manu, the ball gather of Kyrie, and the finishing ability Giannis.  He does not.  Just pull it out young man...

52 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

27 minutes

1-for-8 FGs

incl. 0-for-2 on threes

5 rebounds

3 assists

1 block...

Claptastic!

~lw3

There was a time in the late '00s (I'm guessing our redisdent linguists @lethalweapon3 or @MaceCase knows the correct terminology to reference that decade) where those in the know viewed "him" as arguably the best C in the East.  Now at only 30 "he's" just a guy (or girl).  

Stevens and Ainge never have any delusions of being true contenders this year with that Chuckie Cheese front court depth.  As @Lurker stated they're heavy on guard depth but even that group reminds me of the Smurfs.  And that Brown kid either looks great or goofy.

Ill enjoy this win while it lasts for 24 hours.  Without Sap tomorrow it's gonna get Ann Coulter and Jimmie Walker couple-ugly.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Wow I knew Marcus Smart was making threes but 5 of 9? And it is in the scouting report for the Hawks to let guys like him shoot, yikes.

All of the good Celtics players are too small. They might win a series but if they actually did get #1 (they won't) they probably would have been even weaker than the 2015 Hawks.

Great games by Taurean/Tim. I think the first half qualifies as a "moment" for Taurean. Wonder if a certain someone (cough, Isaiah) was on him early.

Nope Prince was just flat out balling. Celtics didn't have an answer .

• Like 3

• Moderators

Nothing Easy, but a minor achievement for the Hawks tonight included clinching their 10th consecutive season with a winning HOME record. Last time they were sub-.500 at the Highlight Factory was in 2006-07 (18-23), also the last time Atlanta fell short of the playoffs.

The Hawks began their first 7 seasons in Atlanta with winning home records (1968-69 to 1974-75). Their longest streak of winning seasons at home (in Atlanta) is 15 (1985-86 to 1999-2000).

~lw3

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

27 minutes

1-for-8 FGs

incl. 0-for-2 on threes

5 rebounds

3 assists

1 block...

Claptastic!

~lw3

Big Al got a serious case of the clap don't he. Getting pounded down low will do that to you.

NERD ALERT: Like the mother of the Gozzo family. Any Waiting for Godot fans here?

• Like 4

Horford was a classy citizen and tireless worker on the court, but fans, still upset that he left as a free agent, again booed him every time he touched the ball.

"The most frustrating thing for me was the fouls," he said. "It just took my out of my rhythm. That was hard for me."

Yes Alice, that and the fact that you can't grab boards....

IMG_9428.JPG

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Stellar numbers.   I may put on his old jersey tomorrow, to thank him for the performance.

Definitely the Hawks player of the game. Allowing us to get all those boards. 

Man I'm on the fence but as much as this team frustrates me, I think them in the playoffs would be entertaining at least. We seem to show up for big games and I think the pace will help us. 

Howard can be lazy at times but he has a knack for playing big when it's needed. Loved seeing him go after Al in the 3rd. 

I see a little bit of the old Hawks in the C's. Good regular season but I really don't see them as any threat in the playoffs. 

• Like 2