• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, AHF said:

What do you guys think is the right way to send the message to Dennis that he has to focus more on D?  I don't know that this is what Bud was doing but one of his biggest "to do" items for this season is getting Dennis to learn some lessons on D.

I truly don't know. His lack of attention to D seems to have almost an intensity to it nowadays. Benching Teague in the playoffs gave us a better shot at staying in and winning some games. This seems different so again I don't know, maybe fourth quarter benchings when the game is on the line is actually the ticket to get through. Glad its Bud's problem to figure out and not mine. 

53 minutes ago, AHF said:

What do you guys think is the right way to send the message to Dennis that he has to focus more on D?  I don't know that this is what Bud was doing but one of his biggest "to do" items for this season is getting Dennis to learn some lessons on D.

Trading him to Sacramento should send a message to him.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I truly don't know. His lack of attention to D seems to have almost an intensity to it. Benching Teague in the playoffs gave us a better shot at staying in and winning some games. This seems different so again I don't know, maybe fourth quarter benchings when the game is on the line is actually the ticket to get through. Glad its Bud's problem to figure out and not mine. 

Hawks fans never appreciated how good a defender Paul Millsap was.   D8 and Whorefart too...  Millsap hid a multitude of Dennis' sins.   Now, it's Dennis and a bunch of kids who don't know anything.   Dennis' attitude is the same as it has always been... me, me, me, me, me... so he's not making anybody better and he's not playing defense.  He probably goes home and looks over his numbers and believes that he's "the man". 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Hawks fans never appreciated how good a defender Paul Millsap was.   D8 and Whorefart too...  Millsap hid a multitude of Dennis' sins.   Now, it's Dennis and a bunch of kids who don't know anything.   Dennis' attitude is the same as it has always been... me, me, me, me, me... so he's not making anybody better and he's not playing defense.  He probably goes home and looks over his numbers and believes that he's "the man". 

Like I said before, you come out in full force when something goes wrong for Dennis, but stay silent when he plays well. Dwight Howard sure is pushing Charlotte  to the playoffs. 

• Like 1

The true irony in all of this, is that the fan base expects Dennis to play All-Star level basketball on both ends of the floor, but want the team to lose as many games as possible.  

Kind of a conflict of interest. If he improves defensively and scores efficiently, that'll lead to more wins.  

• Like 4

The true irony in all of this, is that the fan base expects Dennis to play All-Star level basketball on both ends of the floor, but want the team to lose as many games as possible.  

Kind of a conflict of interest. If he improves defensively and scores efficiently, that'll lead to more wins.  

That's what I've been saying. We need to suck it up for a year and focus on the draft. There's quite a few prospects that could turn this franchise around.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

vor 2 Stunden, TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

I'm actually with you on that.

The thing I'm missing with the Hawks is that it doesn't seem like a collective decision to tank. Yesterday made clear that they aren't on the same page.

Schlenk wants to tank.

Bud and the team want to win.

Dennis isn't playing to his best fits the goal of Schlenk but not Buds. 

I'd love to see us tank while recognizing that were on purpose not giving 100 percent. Collectively.

Really is a weird place to be right now. Give 100%, fight through screens on D and if our three point guys play well we definitely win some lesser games. When Dedmon and Collins come back they should be worth a handful as well. I enjoy watching the Hawks win so going for competitive losses is still an adjustment on my end no matter the purpose and I wonder the effect on Bud's emotional health with a full season like this one. A quandary for him I would think.   

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

Like I said before, you come out in full force when something goes wrong for Dennis, but stay silent when he plays well. Dwight Howard sure is pushing Charlotte  to the playoffs. 

More so than Schröder is pushing us to the playoffs.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The problem with the suggestion that it's alright if he is poor defensively and decision makingly while we're "tanking" is that what happens when we're not tanking?  Right now, as a leader, his actions are teaching young players that it's alright to slack off on defense.  It's alright to play Selfish ball.. as long as you score well.  You say No... I say, let's revisit Smoove.  How much effect do you think that half a season with Antoine Walker have on him?   Smoove was impressionable and he became a Walker clone.  I'm sure that as Smoove was about to load up for another 3 pter and the whole crowd was yelling no... Walker's voice jumped in his head and said "Shoot that shit. "

If Dennis can't be a good team player when we're losing.. he probably won't be one when we're winning either... Oh... Last year...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Diesel said:

The problem with the suggestion that it's alright if he is poor defensively and decision makingly while we're "tanking" is that what happens when we're not tanking?  Right now, as a leader, his actions are teaching young players that it's alright to slack off on defense.  It's alright to play Selfish ball.. as long as you score well.  You say No... I say, let's revisit Smoove.  How much effect do you think that half a season with Antoine Walker have on him?   Smoove was impressionable and he became a Walker clone.  I'm sure that as Smoove was about to load up for another 3 pter and the whole crowd was yelling no... Walker's voice jumped in his head and said "Shoot that shit. "

If Dennis can't be a good team player when we're losing.. he probably won't be one when we're winning either... Oh... Last year...

And therein lies the flaw with the philosophy of tanking.  When you care more about losing games than you care about developing the right culture for a team, it only makes things worse.  When all you care about is losing, you allow players like Dennis to do whatever he wants to on the floor because his contribution isn't going to lead to wins.  Like I said in an earlier post, the Hawks are going to lose games with or without Dennis.  What you effectively do by allowing him to continue to give no effort on defense and force things on offense is give the idea to the younger players on the team that this behavior is OK.