• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nuggets

lethalweapon3

12 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

It's gonna be one hell of a lean year for the Hawks.

Listen, I know we don't have the most talent in the world, but early returns from Pierce aren't looking so good. I'm not impressed with him at all.

I'm not sure how many wins you were expecting, but the Hawks are probably inline for 25 - 31 wins this year.  There are going to be more rough ones than exciting wins.   

I'll reserve my judgement on Pierce around his third year in.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Glad to see you out after a big loss good doctor.  I wish you'd comment after the wins too.

I've been too busy making money.  It's cold and flu season, and I see no need to comment after a win because I know it isn't sustainable.  

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I'm not sure how many wins you were expecting, but the Hawks are probably inline for 25 - 31 wins this year.  There are going to be more rough ones than exciting wins.   

I say 18-64. When the younguns struggle, theirs just no one else to go to on this team for points...Especially without Collins.And hes young himself....

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I've been too busy making money.  It's cold and flu season, and I see no need to comment after a win because I know it isn't sustainable.  

Making money? Helping others sounds better...smh

Just now, terrell said:

Making money? Helping others sounds better...smh

Your comment was BS btw. lol

31 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

Listen, I know we don't have the most talent in the world, but early returns from Pierce aren't looking so good. I'm not impressed with him at all.

Been saying this for a while. It's still early obviously but I'm just not seeing it with him either. I see no gameplan on either ends of the floor, it's just guys doing whatever they want out there hence the large amount of turnovers. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They will need to play much better defense, cut down on the turnovers, have better coaching, and play with cohesion on both ends if we are going to get anywhere near 25. The return of Collins won't be enough to get us there.

As for Pierce, what you say may be fair. But this team - talent or not, rookies or not - doesn't play with any sense of urgency or cohesion out there. We are consistently getting curbstomped in the 3rd quarter, and some of his personnel decisions and rotations make no sense. I've liked some things, but there are too many red flags - even to be this early in his tenure.

The book hasn't been written on him or this season yet...but we need to see more than what we've been given.

59 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

He hasn't impressed during the games (and he may never), but it's tough when most of the rotation would be limited to garbage time on a good team and our starters would be backups. Plus we're playing without arguably our best player. Nothing about our situation is conducive to a remotely successful start to Pierce's head coaching career. Hopefully we see better results (at least closer losses) as the season goes on.

Matty Ice and Ice Trae both living up to the "ice" part of their names.

Taurean Prince, Dewayne Dedmon and John Collins all out last night.  With the Hawks being thought of as "not good" anyway, having three projected starters missing, what are we to expect?

TP out last night, DD staying home, becoming a daddy and JC out since pre season and the Hawks can't compete with an elite western team.  Imagine that!

Still, these players that started last night are professional NBA players.  To open the game, down 13-0 before getting a goal.  It went down from there.  Somewhere along the line some Hawks managed to fight back within 10 points before fading away again.  Ice Trae has gone ice cold.  So has Omari.  Kevin Huerer is finally showing signs of melting.  Thank goodness.

With out starting PG looking so lost, Jeremy Lin has actually played much better.  We congratulate him for reaching 5000 career points last night!  Way to go Lin !!

Some day, hopefully, our young Hawk team will FINALLY hit the floor at full strength.  Then, and only then, we will really get a glimpse of our future.  Can't come too soon to suit me.  I'm getting tired of all this crap we are getting.

LETS GO ATL HAWKS!!

Lick your wounds and come out and fight!!!!!!!!

• Like 3