Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Trae/vet backup point (via free agency)

Huerter/Bembry

Hunter/Reddish (For now)

Collins/Spellman

Fernando/Len (Fernando will be a Day 1 starter for Center calling it right now! LP is going to love this dude)

I would bring back Vince and pursue Derrick Rose to be our sixth man. 

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

I would bring back Vince and pursue Derrick Rose to be our sixth man. 

I Don't see Vince coming back now because of the logjam we have on the wings.

Huerter
Bazemore
Bembry
Hunter
Reddish
Crabbe
Hill
plus Vince might want to sign with Toronto for his last season, and finish where he started

• Premium Member
Just now, pimp said:

Huerter
Bazemore
Bembry
Hunter
Reddish
Crabbe
Hill
plus Vince might want to sign with Toronto for his last season, and finish where he started

Yea, I don't think Vince comes back, (and I don't think Rose would pick the Hawks either). But it's my hope. 

• Premium Member

I started this draft angry and end with a small sip of 20 year old scotch and a wry chuckle at my own expense. What an incredible draft. I think we are going to look back at these last two drafts the way Dubs fans look at their miracle drafts that netted them Curry, Klay and Green. 

We have several solid good young players and after this season will have gobs of cap space. This team will be exactly the kind of upcoming hungry young team that you can actually talk a star into joining as a free agent.

Can't wait to start this season. We ALL should be very happy as Hawks fans about this draft and the state of our franchise moving forward.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

This draft turned out so well.  I’m wiping a tear from my eye and starting to construct my Travis Schlenk shrine.  Oh Travis, who art our GM, stellar are thy picks.  You got our wings, you got some cash, a second rounder with first round upside.  Give us this day potential All-Stars as we forgive those who lost their shit at thee.  And lead us back into contention but take the time we need to build right.  For thine are the young picks, the 2020 cap space and the path to future rings.  Ahhh yeah!!!

Hilarious.

And amen.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

This draft turned out so well.  I’m wiping a tear from my eye and starting to construct my Travis Schlenk shrine.  Oh Travis, who art our GM, stellar are thy picks.  You got our wings, you got some cash, a second rounder with first round upside.  Give us this day potential All-Stars as we forgive those who lost their shit at thee.  And lead us back into contention but take the time we need to build right.  For thine are the young picks, the 2020 cap space and the path to future rings.  Ahhh yeah!!!

Not kidding. I have no idea how he makes things work but he does. I said before the draft Travis plays chess while most GMs play checkers.

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, pimp said:

Huerter
Bazemore
Bembry
Hunter
Reddish
Crabbe
Hill

I see Vince as the backup to Collins.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

The ceiling on Cam is crazy....I don't think we could've had a better outcome considering our shit luck in the lottery. I keep doubting Travis but he keeps proving me wrong....great night for the Hawks!!!

He basically turned 8 - 10 into 4 and 5... Just awesome.