• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

14 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Couldn't we absorb them just by cutting Adams? I imagine Plumlee could be bought out in the future to get another roster spot.

Yeah, we could. 

Crabbe is the likely one as he will ask for it but I can see Plumlee being the one we target as he will get no mins

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pimp said:

didn't some people here want Bruno at 10?

I do believe you are correct sir.  I owned up to my miscalculation on Brandon Clarke going in the lottery.  Time for the BRUNO AT 10🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 people to step up to the crow buffet.  There's still plenty there.

6 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

I do believe you are correct sir.  I owned up to my miscalculation on Brandon Clarke going in the lottery.  Time for the BRUNO AT 10🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 people to step up to the crow buffet.  There's still plenty there.

Oh heyul yeah, there's a lotta folks that need to show up and own up to their craptastic draft calculations.  Mine was Goga at 10, which I don't think was unreasonable.

I heard the following from folks:

Claxton at 10

Bol as high as 4

Clarke at 8

Little as high as 4

Kabengale at 10 (lookin at you @Spud2nique)

Keldon Johnson at 10

Jussayin'

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Has there ever been a time in the history of this website, in which almost everyone is pleased with who the Hawks drafted?

LOL . . people even fought over Horford vs Conley.  And who could forget the Yi fans.

A potentially great night for the franchise.  We'll see who in the national media realizes this tomorrow.

You make a great point here. I still remember the 3rd pick they had, where it was a daily argument on this forum over taking Battier, Jason Richardson, Gasol, etc. A lot of folks were sour over that. 

Even though I'm not a big fan of Reddish (you know I despise wing players with low shooting percentages), I can't say that they failed to do everything they set out to do short of bringing Zion here. They got youth, better defenders, and potential, all in one draft. Can't ask for much more than that.

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh heyul yeah, there's a lotta folks that need to show up and own up to their craptastic draft calculations.  Mine was Goga at 10, which I don't think was unreasonable.

I heard the following from folks:

Claxton at 10

Bol as high as 4

Clarke at 8

Little as high as 4

Kabengale at 10 (lookin at you @Spud2nique)

Keldon Johnson at 10

Jussayin'

Nic's range was always early 20's to mid-30's.  And he knew that.  

The one's that really had me scratching my head were Bol in the Top 5 and Little.  I get the appeal of Bol if you can convince yourself that the injuries are fictitious but I really don't get what folks saw in Little.  

Would have never figured we could land all three of those guys. Heck we had already traded away a couple of last nights seconds before the draft actually started. Travis is the real deal dealer. Amazing.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

I feel really good about my insistence that good bigs would be there at 17 and that we should not even consider a center before then.  

Feel much better about the fact that we got one on my list at 34!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Nic's range was always early 20's to mid-30's.  And he knew that.  

The one's that really had me scratching my head were Bol in the Top 5 and Little.  I get the appeal of Bol if you can convince yourself that the injuries are fictitious but I really don't get what folks saw in Little.  

Yeah, I'm more so referring to posters who miscalculated draftees' ranges.

Agree on Bol in the top 5.  That was ridiculous.

On Little ... I can kinda get it.  I didn't want him but I could see how someone could be enamored by him.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I feel really good about my insistence that good bigs would be there at 17 and that we should not even consider a center before then.  

Feel much better about the fact that we got one on my list at 35!

Thanks for sharing, AH

Spoiler

idgaf.gif

I’m really excited about Bruno right now. He’s got all the tools to become a force on the defensive end. Offensively he’s got some skills but I’m salivating at the thought of him catching oops From Trae. His energy is goona be great too. He has infectious energy that can boost the morale of the whole team. Great for team chemistry

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

I’m really excited about Bruno right now. He’s got all the tools to become a force on the defensive end. Offensively he’s got some skills but I’m salivating at the thought of him catching oops From Trae. His energy is goona be great too. He has infectious energy that can boost the morale of the whole team. Great for team chemistry

Bruno is going to beat out Len to start similar to how Huerter did to start. LP is going to love this kid right away!

not only does he have all the tools or potential that’s needed to be good offensively and especially defensively but he also speaks up on the court and let his voice be heard!...that’s Draymond Green like and I believe Bruno will be the anchor of our defense once the chemistry is built

The 'all talk' award goes to RJ Barrett.  Said he wants to play in NYK because they have great management and a rich history.

Ok, first point is pure b.s.  Second point, other than having been in the league for several decades, what "rich history" does that franchise have?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Bruno is going to beat out Len to start similar to how Huerter did to start. LP is going to love this kid right away!

not only does he have all the tools or potential that’s needed to be good offensively and especially defensively but he also speaks up on the court and let his voice be heard!...that’s Draymond Green like and I believe Bruno will be the anchor of our defense once the chemistry is built

Bruno might start out in g league but that’s why we have that ... to help guys develop 

Heading in I didn't think Bruno would drop past Boston. With the news of Horf starting to look elsewhere felt those chances increased even more. Their loss is going to be our gain very soon.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I went to bed thrilled with coming away with Hunter and Reddish. Then I woke up and saw that we got Fernando too? That was a huge surprise, this really was an amazing draft for us.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Who made the biggest mistake declaring, Ky Bowman or Jalen Lecque.  Undrafted.  Yikes

J. Porter too.

Get to work Schlenk! Jontay should get at least a 2 way contract with the Hawks

• Like 2