• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I don't know how any of you are saying Trae doesn't make his teammates better.  Did you not watch the garbage that was the two Miami games?

Trae literally throws his teammates open like a quarter back and sets them up so well. 

The only big difference betwen Trae and Luka is their ability to manipulate defenses.  I don't think is as good at that because he doesn't have to be. He's much taller so he doesn't have to manipulate defenses as much to get his assists.

Trae in the first three games was carrying us and making everyone better. But even in the Spurs game and the two losses afterwards, it's been screenmania and iso fest. This isn't Atlanta Hawk Basketball unless you got Iso Joe, Josh, Al, Jamal, and Hinrich back. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Besides LeBron, who can make single handedly make a team great? Even AD couldn't drag the Pelicans. Who are the players capable of this heroic feat that you speak of?

Trae was single handedly making us better in the first three games. 

18 minutes ago, terrell said:

I like Luka. lol. I just dont see him as LBJ , Bird, or Magic, like some do.  Not much better than Trae if at all. Give Trae that roster, and that team would be just as good imo..We need better vets..

LBJ, Bird, Magic? If that's the bar you're setting he must be pretty damn good. Just a few weeks ago, members of the squawk said he would be no better than Joe Johnson. Keep moving those goal posts lol.

Just now, bleachkit said:

LBJ, Bird, Magic? If that's the bar you're setting he must be pretty damn good. Just a few weeks ago, members of the squawk said he would be no better than Joe Johnson. Keep moving those goal posts lol.

Bruh. If you want a Luka love fest go to the Mavericks board.  Everywhere you look on the internet people are talking about Luka Doncic is WAYYY better than Trae.  To me that's not the case, so if you want us to have a love fest for him here, just move on.  

Do you think Luka is way better than Trae?

• Like 4

Just now, marco102 said:

Bruh. If you want a Luka love fest go to the Mavericks board.  Everywhere you look on the internet people are talking about Luka Doncic is WAYYY better than Trae.  To me that's not the case, so if you want us to have a love fest for him here, just move on.  

Do you think Luka is way better than Trae?

No, I think they are about equally impactful. Great passers and great scorers. Too many turnovers and sometimes inefficient, but that's ok. I think they both have a chance to be generational players.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae in the first three games was carrying us and making everyone better. But even in the Spurs game and the two losses afterwards, it's been screenmania and iso fest. This isn't Atlanta Hawk Basketball unless you got Iso Joe, Josh, Al, Jamal, and Hinrich back. 

Trae was single handedly making us better in the first three games. 

If guys are missing wide open looks, I don't know what else Trae, Luka, LeBron or anyone else can do. This is the NBA, if you can't hit open shots at a reasonable efficiency, maybe being a professional basketball player isn't your calling.

41 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If guys are missing wide open looks, I don't know what else Trae, Luka, LeBron or anyone else can do. This is the NBA, if you can't hit open shots at a reasonable efficiency, maybe being a professional basketball player isn't your calling.

Guys are missing wide open looks but it's not like we are taking a ton of threes. Most of the threes are taken but the bench mob. The starters outside of Trae and Parker are barely getting touches. That's an issue. 

Edited by NBASupes

Trae needs more help but Huerter starting coming around and Damian showed some flashes as well. Boy, he and Parker love quick flushing it in the lane. We dug a deep hole 🕳 and didn’t have enough and they killed us with the three ball.

Onto Portland on Sunday where baby Dame scored 60 in a losing effort tonight. I imagine that’s his career high. Wow. Trae needs to go at him hard on Sunday.

Go Hawks!

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Guys are missing wide open looks but it's not like we are taking a ton of threes. Most of the threes are taken but the bench mob. The starters outside of Trae and Parker are barely getting touches. That's an issue. 

Or is the issue that outside Trae and Parker they are all the bench mob?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not liking the flow of our starters. Jabari is too single minded in his offensive approach so he's not always a willing passer and his defensive rotations and slow/non existant closeouts are problematic. He's best suited off the bench. Our rookies are gun shy and seems unsure of what to do sometimes. Too much hot potato with the ball.

Time to change up the starters:

Trae.

Kevin - relieves ball handling and more importantly decision making off Trae.

Hunter  - next to Kev, he can be more just 3nD and not worry about trying to create offence.

Vince - I trust him to make the right play on offense and defense.

Len - I would prefer Bruno

I like Cam and Hunter starting with Collins but I don't like it at all with Parker. 

Like others said, without Collins, we lack too much scoring with the starters so Parker has to start for now. 

We need to start a more iso based lineup till Collins is back.

Trae

Kevin

Bembry

Parker

Len

This lineup has Bembry who can play without structure. Hunter at this time can't. Its pointless starting him if Parker is going to consistent blow his assignments and coverages and it makes Hunter job tougher on both ends. Bembry plays a lot better without structure. 

Kevin needs to start for the simple reason that with VC starting or Parker starting, our defense won't be that good so we need to score as many points as we can and just have the bench mob be defenders with length, Vince and Crabbe. 

Cam

Crabbe

Hunter 

Vince 

Bruno or Jones should work defensively and they need to learn to play together as well. When Turner is back

Turner

Cam

Hunter

Vince

Bruno

Once Collins is back, we can decide to leave Kevin as the starter over Cam or insert Hunter back into the starting five playing Bembry as a SF off the bench again. 

For right now, we need to start the vets. Right now, Trae is asking for PnRs every play, Parker is isoing or asking for post ups, it looks like shitastic Basketball. The rookies aren't involved in the offense anymore.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Or is the issue that outside Trae and Parker they are all the bench mob?

They will look like the bench mob with the current personnel and style of play of Parker to Collins. Collins makes things around us easier. Parker is a Lou Williams. He is a score 1st and score 2nd player.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I like Cam and Hunter starting with Collins but I don't like it at all with Parker. 

Like others said, without Collins, we lack too much scoring with the starters so Parker has to start for now. 

We need to start a more iso based lineup till Collins is back.

Trae

Kevin

Bembry

Parker

Len

This lineup has Bembry who can play without structure. Hunter at this time can't. Its pointless starting him if Parker is going to consistent blow his assignments and coverages and it makes Hunter job tougher on both ends. Bembry plays a lot better without structure. 

Kevin needs to start for the simple reason that with VC starting or Parker starting, our defense won't be that good so we need to score as many points as we can and just have the bench mob be defenders with length, Vince and Crabbe. 

Cam

Crabbe

Hunter 

Vince 

Bruno or Jones should work defensively and they need to learn to play together as well. When Turner is back

Turner

Cam

Hunter

Vince

Bruno

Once Collins is back, we can decide to leave Kevin as the starter over Cam or insert Hunter back into the starting five playing Bembry as a SF off the bench again. 

For right now, we need to start the vets. Right now, Trae is asking for PnRs every play, Parker is isoing or asking for post ups, it looks like shitastic Basketball. The rookies aren't involved in the offense anymore.

I don't think it has to be a 'start all vets' approach. Parker with 2 rookies is the issue. And maybe splitting the 2 rookies is also best.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think it has to be a 'start all vets' approach. Parker with 2 rookies is the issue. And maybe splitting the 2 rookies is also best.

And still play them with Parker? Even playing them with VC would be too little offense v. a top end unit. I don't like the idea of Hunter with Parker or Cam with Parker. Right now, Bembry and Parker are best fit with each other. Why not start them together? Bembry can play unstructured Basketball, Hunter can't. I even like starting Cam next to them because at least he does the dirty work even if his offense isn't much with them either. If someone misses their assignment, Cam is the one who covers for their mistakes. I don't know how his awareness is so high on that end and on offense, it goes between low and high from possession at times. 

Hunter needs structure. That's why I had zero issues starting him till Collins got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. 

Edited by NBASupes

The issue we have right now is we don't have a starting PF or C on this roster with Collins being out. Due to this, we have to adjust our offensive style of play to be more offensive based and chaotic based to make sense of it all. Parker was an excellent pickup as a 6th man but we need a starter at both positions now. We don't have one.