• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Seriously, they need to spend a whole practice working on negating and defending against traps.

I saw Trae shoo them off once to get futher back so he could throw over the top; but that was just once.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I saw Trae shoo them off once to get futher back so he could throw over the top; but that was just once.

Next year we need to find a counter to that. Really, it mind boggles the heck out of me why teams don't do this all game on us. The teams that defend Trae well like Chicago and Miami do this ALL game and we don't really know how to respond to it. 

• Like 3

Notes from last night...  Hawks were who we thought they were at the beginning of the season.  Trae Young showed our opponent why he is an all star starter.  The Hawks hit their shots which made the assist totals rise up.  Our oldest Hawk showed everyone how and why he's still playing.  He looked like the player he was several seasons ago.

Damian Jones started at center.  Hawk posters here talked very bad about him before the game.  They had to eat crow.  He had a much better game than any of us thought was possible.  He wasn't great or anything like that.  But he was a good part of a winning Hawks team last night.  For one game, at least, he was who we thought we were getting when the trade of Spellman was made.

Jeff T. told us that he was excited to be coming "home" and had been hoping to come here to close out his career.  Right now he's not living up to the huge $$$ payroll he's getting.  He's going to be required to really improve his game a lot or take a huge cut in salary to stay on the roster next season since he's a free agent, come summer.

Remember that terrible 13 win season?  Last night this Hawk team got #13.  Everything after this is gravy!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 4