• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets (Game 1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm proud to have contributed this little known quote from the Joker ...

On his foul-baiting, it's on the defense to adjust not on him to stop.

Back on this game though, can we be honest?  This is the game of the year so far (yes, it's early stfu this is all we got at this point).

When did he say this? It's fantastic!!

Edit:  Btw, I've really become toxic in that thread.  Just letting everyone have it left and right.  They shat on our boy for too long and I finally have ammunition.

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Capela looks unathletic compared to where he was in the preseason. I am not sure he there physical. He doesn't appear to be limping so my guess is he just out of shape and our pace to really fast. 

Get well soon Gwu..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

When did he say this? It's fantastic!!

Edit:  Btw, I've really become toxic in that thread.  Just letting everyone have it left and right.  They shat on our boy for too long and I finally have ammunition.

Welcome to the dark side. I got banned from that sub along time ago for defending Trae. They can be so toxic and then ban you if you are toxic to them. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Welcome to the dark side. I got banned from that sub along time ago for defending Trae. They can be so toxic and then ban you if you are toxic to them. 

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They can be, but to be fare.  You straight went BnHx.gif ...lol

There is no in-between with Supes. I love it.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

A couple possesions that turned out well probably, but should have been passes to teamates in better positions.

0:14 - Tough shot, and it's good if he has this in his arsenal, but Capela had KD sealed off.

0:30 - Good effort but Bogi was wide open. 

Kinda nitpicky and it feels like the focus was to get JC going early so it's not a big deal. In preseason he did a better job of keeping his head up so we'll hopefully see it come out more as he gets comfortable. 

Edited by aali34

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I would love to see a fat NBA superstar. Not 20 lbs above playing weight fat, I mean actually fat. The body shamers would be apoplectic.

Nobody's body shaming.  The one thing an athlete needs to be is fit.  That's different for different people.  As long as you are performing, it's celebrated.  Many people used to say Serena Williams was out of shape and she was still one of the best tennis players on tour.  However, in 2012, she dedicated herself to fitness, or one of those years, to win the French Open and it took her game to an entire new level.  She was never fat in terms of the average American, but she wasn't in the best shape to perform at her best on the court. 

When you come in out of shape, like you don't give a damn about your team and their success, it should be scrutinized. It's not about Luka or Zion's body. It's about their approach to the game and dedication to their jobs.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Nobody's body shaming.  The one thing an athlete needs to be is fit.  That's different for different people.  As long as you are performing it's celebrated.  

When you come in out of shape, like you don't give a damn about your team and their success, it should be scrutinized. It's not about Luka or Zion's body. It's about their approach to the game and dedication to their jobs.

*eye roll*. Ok man, dully noted. But as I was saying, I would truly love to see a fat guy dominate the NBA.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

*eye roll*. Ok man, dully noted. But as I was saying, I would truly love to see a fat guy dominate the NBA.

Why are you rolling your eyes? 

An aside, and I probably shouldn't even get into this.  When people are unhealthy  and overweight, it's not body shaming to say they need to lose weight.  Being obese causes so many health problems, but in today's society people want to act like just because someone's fat we are not allowed to call them fat. 

Hell, I was overweight and it started causing me to have health problems so I had to get in better shape. 

Body shaming is one thing, but so is telling the truth.

Edit: I should also add that NBA players are also scrutinized for being too skinny.  Being too skinny means they can't take contact.  If Trae came back 160 lbs from the off season and getting knocked all over the court and shooting terribly and underperforming, I'd criticize that too. 

Edited by marco102

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why are you rolling your eyes? 

An aside, and I probably shouldn't even get into this.  When people are unhealthy  and overweight, it's not body shaming to say they need to lose weight.  Being obese causes so many health problems, but in today's society people want to act like just because someone's fat we are not allowed to call them fat. 

Hell, I was overweight and it started causing me to have health problems so I had to get in better shape. 

Body shaming is one thing, but so is telling the truth.

Edit: I should also add that NBA players are also scrutinized for being too skinny.  Being too skinny means they can't take contact.  If Trae came back 160 lbs from the off season and getting knocked all over the court and shooting terribly and underperforming, I'd criticize that too. 

People have less control over their weight than commonly believed. Genetics and metabolism controls your weight for the most part. Diet is kinda overrated. I mean if you're eating 5,000 calories of junk food all day long, yea that's not good. But for most people who eat reasonably well, there is only so much you can do. Study after study has shown people usually gain the weight back they lose, and our bodies are programmed to do that as an evolutionary adaptation to starvation. So if telling people they're fat makes you feel better, go ahead man. But aside from gastric bypass surgery, there just isn't that much you can do.