• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets (Game 1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

People have less control over their weight than commonly believed. Genetics and metabolism controls your weight for the most part. Diet is kinda overrated. I mean if you're eating 5,000 calories of junk food all day long, yea that's not good. But for most people who eat reasonably well, there is only so much you can do. Study after study has shown people usually gain the weight back they lose, and our bodies are programmed to do that as an evolutionary adaptation to starvation. So if telling people they're fat makes you feel better, go ahead man. But aside from gastric bypass surgery, there just isn't that much you can do.

I've been on the Keto diet for three years. Lost 40 pounds and kept it off.  I don't walk around calling people fat, not what I do.  I'm saying if your weight problem, fat or skinny is causing you health problems then those around you should be honest with you.  Not sit around, worrying if your feelings are hurt from them telling you the truth.  Rather that be too fat or too skinny.  

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I've been on the Keto diet for three years. Lost 40 pounds and kept it off.  I don't walk around calling people fat, not what I do.  I'm saying if your weight problem, fat or skinny is causing you health problems then those around you should be honest with you.  Not sit around, worrying if your feelings are hurt from them telling you the truth.  Rather that be too fat or too skinny.  

Wow! I need to lose some weight. Any suggestions on how to seriously do this?

19 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We pushed the pace very hard this game and the Nets didn't play terribly slow either... 100 FGA on each side.  Our defense wasn't great but we showed some flashes of solid team D.  The shot clock expiration was one of them -- Cam had some really nice plays as did Hunter and JC looked better.  That Nets team is probably the only one in the league that has more offensive fire power than us.

I felt when Gallo was there, we had as much firepower but once he was gone. Yeah...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Capela looks unathletic compared to where he was in the preseason. I am not sure he there physical. He doesn't appear to be limping so my guess is he just out of shape and our pace to really fast. 

He's not comfortable at all playing zone.  He's much better in man to man.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wow! I need to lose some weight. Any suggestions on how to seriously do this?

I stopped drinking soda,(nothing but flavored water for me) and stopped eating anything after 8 pm. Lost 10 lbs easy.(215 to 205).Its hard though . I like to munch like crazy at night.And was a HUGE fan of Mountain Dew...lol. My belly was getting out of hand though..haa.....Btw, I HATE soda now...Yuk! Crush Grape Singles all the way..

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

People have less control over their weight than commonly believed. Genetics and metabolism controls your weight for the most part. Diet is kinda overrated. I mean if you're eating 5,000 calories of junk food all day long, yea that's not good. But for most people who eat reasonably well, there is only so much you can do. Study after study has shown people usually gain the weight back they lose, and our bodies are programmed to do that as an evolutionary adaptation to starvation. So if telling people they're fat makes you feel better, go ahead man. But aside from gastric bypass surgery, there just isn't that much you can do.

This is true....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

So Steve Nash called out Trae for drawing cheap fouls

Yeah he said it’s not basketball.....but when Harden does it 😒...it’s so talented and special.

Trae is actually drawing more contact than Harden on his fouls. Harden flops his head back. Trae is just using his hip and stopping suddenly once he’s trailed. He has really figured out how to make the refs blow the whistle and using the nba rule book against them.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I agree on metabolism and genetics. My younger brother struggles to put on weight and I can add on pounds easily. Temporary dieting is never an answer, there has to be changes that last a lifetime. Unless an individual has health complications that cause unintentional weight gain, there are ways to maintain a healthy standard of living. 

Edited by aali34

Hawks injury report: Trae Young (right calf soreness) is probable. De’Andre Hunter (right knee soreness) is questionable. Kris Dunn (right ankle surgery) is out. Danilo Gallinari (right ankle sprain) is out.

Onyeka Okongwu (inflammation, sesamoid bone, left foot) is out. Rajon Rondo (left knee soreness) is out. Tony Snell (inflammation, cuboid bone, right foot) is out.

59 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

So Steve Nash called out Trae for drawing cheap fouls

And I thought Trae was his boi...smh..Fk Steve Nash...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

exercise is overrated diet is underrated

As as weight is concerned they are both overrated. Genetics and metabolism decide what your window is, and you can move up and down within that window. But yes, diet impacts weight loss more than exercise. Exercise sometimes back fires because you become more hungry.

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks injury report: Trae Young (right calf soreness) is probable. De’Andre Hunter (right knee soreness) is questionable. Kris Dunn (right ankle surgery) is out. Danilo Gallinari (right ankle sprain) is out.

Onyeka Okongwu (inflammation, sesamoid bone, left foot) is out. Rajon Rondo (left knee soreness) is out. Tony Snell (inflammation, cuboid bone, right foot) is out.

Rondo is out with soreness, Hunter might be out with soreness. I know its a long season, but how can we build continuity keeping guys out who aren't really injured?