• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets (Game 1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Rondo has exceeded my expectations so far, I must say.  And I was the one tryna convince yall he was gonna help us.

It just stands out how we don't fall off a cliff when Trae sits now.  I actually like watching our second unit.

I agree with those that say, if Gallo plays all game, we probably get this one.

On that Nets team, there's no margin for error in a close game with both their guys playing.  Trae's d on Harris was killer.  Allowed him to keep them in it while Kyme struggled.

You were? I don't remember this. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You were? I don't remember this. 

I loved the signing..A few others did too..I hope he keeps it up..But even if hes not playing his best at some point, he's still teaching...

Edited by terrell

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh and, for the record, I thought we'd get blown out tonight but win game 2.  Now I think they sit guys for game 2 and we win.

They have a day off..I dont think they sit anyone..Wouldnt mind it though..lol

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I LOVE IT! It's a skill and people have made it out to be this travesty.  James Harden is smart, the easiest shot you can get in a game is a free throw.  Why not get as many as you can.

Also, I'd say about 85 - 90% of Trae's fouls are not controversial.  They are legitimate fouls.

it's fine when it works in your favor, but I don't want him to rely on it.  those type of calls are no calls in the playoffs, and he'll look stupid chucking up no chance shots expecting a whistle

• Like 2

Tweet

It’s early in the season, but the Hawks are good
Just now, terrell said:

Tweet

It’s early in the season, but the Hawks are good

Hawks keep winning we might get some primetime games in the 2nd half...

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Rondo has exceeded my expectations so far, I must say.  And I was the one tryna convince yall he was gonna help us.

It just stands out how we don't fall off a cliff when Trae sits now.  I actually like watching our second unit.

I agree with those that say, if Gallo plays all game, we probably get this one.

On that Nets team, there's no margin for error in a close game with both their guys playing.  Trae's d on Harris was killer.  Allowed him to keep them in it while Kyme struggled.

He's too short to guard Harris. We just have to put Trae on Kyrie and give him help. 

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm fine with him supplementing his game with drawing fouls. I'm less ok with him neglecting his shots because he's hunting every time down the floor. He went from the 730 mark in the 3rd to around the 5 min mark in the 4th without attempting a fg. He was on the bench for some of that, but still. And I think he only attempted 4 shots in the last 5 min of the game. Just seems like your star player should look to score more at the end of the game. Especially when their stars are draining buckets every trip down the stretch.

He had 10 points in the final 7 minutes of the game. 

3 trips to the line for 6 points off FTs.   

Made 2 layups. 

2 assists for 5 points.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He had 10 points in the final 7 minutes of the game. 

3 trips to the line for 6 points off FTs.   

Made 2 layups. 

2 assists for 5 points.

I'm aware. What I'm saying is in the last 20 minutes of game time he had 5 FGA. That's not enough for your star player imo. 

I think in those last 7 min he had 4 fga. Hes too good to only have 4 fga late in the game. 

Its fine to draw fouls. If he's getting fouled on drives or on shots fine. But I felt like he settled for jumping into players rather than even trying to shoot. How many times have we seen late game and-1 opportunities out of Trae? He can still get to the line. Just do it as he's attempting a legit shot.