• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets (Game 1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Me personally, I want the best shot, be it from Trae or someone else. 

I'm with you all the way til the last few minutes. Then I want my super star to take over the game like KD and Kyrie did. They were taking - and making - really tough shots because they are elite players.

I have no doubt they could have passed to Joe Harris at any time for an open shot but instead they took matters into their own hands. As the opponent, i was praying Kyrie would pass to Harris for a shot rather than him take a contested shot. Because I KNEW he was going to make it. Elite players do more often than not. 

I rather take my chances with Trae even in a contested shot than Hunter wide open in the corner. Or Bogie contested from the corner. Trae has proven he can handle that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm with you all the way til the last few minutes. Then I want my super star to take over the game like KD and Kyrie did. They were taking - and making - really tough shots because they are elite players.

I have no doubt they could have passed to Joe Harris at any time for an open shot but instead they took matters into their own hands. As the opponent, i was praying Kyrie would pass to Harris for a shot rather than him take a contested shot. Because I KNEW he was going to make it. Elite players do more often than not. 

I rather take my chances with Trae even in a contested shot than Hunter wide open in the corner. Or Bogie contested from the corner. Trae has proven he can handle that. 

Kyrie was really on late tonight. If I'm Steve Nash, Id rather a wide open three from Harris than a contested shot from Kyrie. But he hit them tonight, congrats to him. But he can go cold like anyone else.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is a difference between healthy girth and unhealthy weight which Luka is definitely carrying.

Am I reading his stats right?  Shooting 13% from 3?

Oof.  Como se dice, fLuka?

Kidding, bleachk.  Don't call me a homer.

• Moderators

Had 'em right where we wanted 'em... for awhile, anyway!

Let's see how well this crew heals up and learns from their early and late errors. Nets won't be #1 in D-Rating for awhile, that's for sure!

See y'all in 2K21! Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Am I reading his stats right?  Shooting 13% from 3?

Oof.  Como se dice, fLuka?

Kidding, bleachk.  Don't call me a homer.

He's not a great three point shooter. It's not his strength. But other stars have still been great without a reliable three ball. Kobe and Dwade were not great three point shooters. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Kept waiting for Trae to take over late just like Kyrie was doing. Kinda disappointed he never did. I know being patient is growth for him, and I like it earlier in the game. But late game situations are where I want him to own it rather than defer. If he's the elite player we all think he is he should be able to handle that imo. 

I think Trae is a different kind of superstar.   I don't know if he takes over or if we want him taking over by shooting threes, but I think you underestimate his ability to draw fouls.  A drawn foul is a backbreaker.  Trae looks like he's gone to the James Harden program for game management by drawing fouls.   Not to mention that at the end of games, he becomes our biggest decoy.  His ability to find the open man is only going to get better as guys get to know the system and he get to know our guys. 

Kyrie is a take over guard.  Not every guard is built that way. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hawkman said:

He came in looking like Jokic did last season. I was a bit surprised because he played in the bubble. This is beginning to be a pattern with him that nobody wants to talk about. 

I never really thought tha Luka was ever in shape to begin with.   He plays very well with the weight.  I think he will probably be like 3D was in his career.  Never cut up and had maybe a few pounds over ideal. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think Trae is a different kind of superstar.   I don't know if he takes over or if we want him taking over by shooting threes, but I think you underestimate his ability to draw fouls.  A drawn foul is a backbreaker.  Trae looks like he's gone to the James Harden program for game management by drawing fouls.   Not to mention that at the end of games, he becomes our biggest decoy.  His ability to find the open man is only going to get better as guys get to know the system and he get to know our guys. 

Kyrie is a take over guard.  Not every guard is built that way. 

Kyrie also the luxury of having KD there. That makes a huge difference. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kyrie also the luxury of having KD there. That makes a huge difference. 

That makes those efforts.... wins.  Last year and the Cleveland Years before Bron, Kyrie was doing the same thing but just couldn't win. 

It's an old story.. one star won't win you anything in this league.   That's why Lebron build teams to win championships and act like he should be on the same pedestals as guys who did not and won championships.  Trae in his early career has a team that will take him to the playoffs and allow him to see what's needed to win.   Put an asterisk by every Lebron title and then let Trae and the Hawks show you how to earn one.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That makes those efforts.... wins.  Last year and the Cleveland Years before Bron, Kyrie was doing the same thing but just couldn't win. 

It's an old story.. one star won't win you anything in this league.   That's why Lebron build teams to win championships and act like he should be on the same pedestals as guys who did not and won championships.  Trae in his early career has a team that will take him to the playoffs and allow him to see what's needed to win.   Put an asterisk by every Lebron title and then let Trae and the Hawks show you how to earn one.

Can you blame a guy for taking matters into his own hands when management couldn't deliver? There are better reasons to debate whether or not LBJ is on any pedestal.