• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It'll be interesting to see how they cover Trae on Friday.  There wasn't a lot of full court pressure and double teaming him of the PnR like the last few teams have done.

Boston has a problem with size plus Smart is out. I am not sure they can double Trae without Smart.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Collins seems so mad . I get he mad the 3pt foul but even coming into the game he didn’t seem happy.

if there’s one thing Nate mad a mistake on tonight IF you want to call it a mistake is that he had uncle hill in over collins in crunch time and I’m not sure collins is feeling that decision.

He had Solo in there to guard Tatum I would presume.

1 minute ago, Cwell said:

nah at all. Alot of his turnovers are stupid. Especially the sequence when he turned the ball over, stole it back, and then turned it over again. He's damn near in Linsanity territory with the turnovers right now

About half of them are WTF Trae?  The other half are either bad luck or good defensive play.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae and Cam brought it tonight.

Cam played within himself on the offensive end. He only took 2 three point shots this game. That is more like it if he wants to stay on the floor.

Of course that shit changes as soon as everyone has a green light pierce gets back.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Cam wasn't hunting shots. His bad shots/plays you can kind of see them coming most of the time. I didnt have any "Cam! No!" sensations watching him tonight.

This, he was patient and took his time. He made life difficult for Jalen.  He also rebounded well tonight.

• Like 3

I can live with the turnovers because I understand Trae's multiple hats on offense. Dude has to make the machine work and sometimes things happen.

I wish these old school basketball minds would stop trying to handicap Trae into a one dimensional floor general when he's probably the deadliest combination of Iverson and Steve Nash we've ever seen.

When Trae scores 30+ the rest of the starters don't have to press and get away from what they do best. Just look at how Cam played tonight. He was under control and played within the flow of the offense. That's Trae's impact and LP and JC will need to come to grips with it. The kid is too special to not do what got him into the league in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cwell said:

May have to live with some things...doesn’t matter as long as we win 

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks only took 24 3's...Looking for Capela inside.  Played pretty good team defense after the 1st quarter.  No stupid line ups.  Are we ready to say LP is a problem?

Lol I think more are coming to the dark side but even if they are doesn’t change the fact that LP is back after next game running the show 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

I can live with the turnovers because I understand Trae's multiple hats on offense. Dude has to make the machine work and sometimes things happen.

I wish these old school basketball minds would stop trying to handicap Trae into a one dimensional floor general when he's probably the deadliest combination of Iverson and Steve Nash we've ever seen.

When Trae scores 30+ the rest of the starters don't have to press and get away from what they do best. Just look at how Cam played tonight. He was under control and played within the flow of the offense. That's Trae's impact and LP and JC will need to come to grips with it. The kid is too special to not do what got him into the league in the first place.

I can live with 4 or less turnovers a game from Trae. Leading the NBA in turnovers is not acceptable. We are not a team that can give up possessions. You feel ok with the 8 turnovers because he dropped 40. Let me know how those 8 turnovers feel when he goes 5-22.

Edited by bleachkit

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

This makes too much sense.  They can all fill their roles around Trae without feeling the pressure of making shots.

• Like 3