• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Flo Raptors

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

And I ain't scared-a none of the teams ahead of us.  Well maybe except CHA.  That motley crew has our number.

As always, you ignore the premise behind my words.

It's ok, peo.  We have the same goals now that you're not rooting for us to lose.  No need for us to fight (anymore).  C'mon, time for us to make up with a tremendously (h)awkward hug ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47dhletns14poulo433o

Looking at Charlotte, Ball, Hayward, Rozier, Washington, Bridges, Monk, Biyombo. That is a solid group. Talent, depth, playmaking, scoring. They are going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Looking at Charlotte, Ball, Hayward, Rozier, Washington, Bridges, Monk, Biyombo. That is a solid group. Talent, depth, playmaking, scoring. They are going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

Especially if they're able to flip Rozier or that other scoring guard (who's name escapes me) for more help.  They're tough.  Plus they have a good coach too.

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, I'm getting light-headed.  I was told I never praise any non-Hawks.  I wonder who lobs that criticism on me the most?  Do you remember who does that to me?  Hmmmmm.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Especially if they're able to flip Rozier or that other scoring guard (who's name escapes me) for more help.  They're tough.  Plus they have a good coach too.

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, I'm getting light-headed.  I was told I never praise any non-Hawks.  I wonder who lobs that criticism on me the most?  Do you remember who does that to me?  Hmmmmm.....

You have finally seen the error of your ways. It's your "come to Jesus" moment. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Late to the discussion.   Snell!!!!   Love that guy.   I could go dig my old posts saying he was a good acquisition for us but I'm too humble for that. 

Rondo still sucks.   What the hell.   Of all the terrible vets we've added to this team the last 10 years he maybe the most disappointing.   

OO can play.  He'll get there.  Notice our rookie 6'8" center with a flat footed block on a 7 footer?

When does Mays get back on the court? 

Noticeable coaching difference and better rotations.   No Solo at PF! although Solo did play way too long. 

Bench tried to tank this game.   Gotta figure that out.  

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I wouldnt move Rozier..He's been great for them this season..He's been better than Kemba(who he was traded for)..lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bench tried to tank this game.   Gotta figure that out.  

I disagree regarding the bench.  Then bench played the last 3 minutes of the 1st (Hawks were up by 5 when they were all in the game).  Ended the 1st qauarter up by11.  Bench played the 1st 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter and the lead was at 17 points when the starters (Young and Capela) started their return, we ended the half with the starters.  We were leading by only 5 to end the half.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I disagree regarding the bench.  Then bench played the last 3 minutes of the 1st (Hawks were up by 5 when they were all in the game).  Ended the 1st qauarter up by11.  Bench played the 1st 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter and the lead was at 17 points when the starters (Young and Capela) started their return, we ended the half with the starters.  We were leading by only 5 to end the half.

Great point.  I was thinking more of the end of the third beginning of the fourth.   I felt like they really dug a hole then.   

• Like 1

Bench was rolling in the first half and are responsible for stretching out the lead. But they for sure got molly-wopped in the 2nd half.

Starters started and finished the game playing well, but they too tanked in the middle (end of first half start of 2nd half)

I will say this. When I was in band, our director taught us that the only parts of show that people remember are the beginning and the end. You come out with a bang, and make sure to finish on a high note. I don't mind the Hawks applying the same strategy lol

Get up early, and win the 4th = recipe for success!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Bench was rolling in the first half and are responsible for stretching out the lead. But they for sure got molly-wopped in the 2nd half.

Starters started and finished the game playing well, but they too tanked in the middle (end of first half start of 2nd half)

I will say this. When I was in band, our director taught us that the only parts of show that people remember are the beginning and the end. You come out with a bang, and make sure to finish on a high note. I don't mind the Hawks applying the same strategy lol

Get up early, and win the 4th = recipe for success!

Too much stress man, :laugh1:....I'd rather :beach: with blowout wins.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

One other thought, Trae gets so much flack for 'baiting' fouls, how the hell does Lowry escape this treatment?   Oh he's a 'tough player'?  Geez louise the dude is a flop machine and hope he gets fined for his fake eye poke.  (haven't seen the replay)

https://streamable.com/g87a49

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Thank God that Pierce is gone otherwise we would have lost another 4th quarter!  Oh Hey @kg01 I didn't see you standing there.  How's it going?

Don’t bother, he will use another Jason Bateman gif to shift away from the fact that he was wrong on a couple of counts here.

1. Lloyd was the problem and not the injuries (Hunter, Cam, Bogi still out, oh not Bogi but what a difference he made in these last few wins for us)

2. His prizes FA Bogi is a journeyman type and not who he thought he was.

Instead of just admitting he’s wrong he jumps on another branch of unity for the Hawks. 🤔 OHHHHHH OKAAAAHHHYY.

💯 facts

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

There is some poetic justice that Stanley Johnson--the unlikely 3 point arteeest of the last few minutes of the game who'd, as a result, had had a major impact on the score--is effectively the "posterized" opposing player in this picture, having flown by Snell after his release.

No?

I mean, really, how do you finish a game with Bembry and Johnson making all these great plays, and not expect the basketball gods were going to ensure some regression to the mean in the end?

Right?

LWR_Recording.png

• Haha 1