• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, sturt said:

Missed this until just now. (siap)

Not a lot of Hawks I can remember whose emotions were this stoked, and at the same time, had the talent and stage presence to channel those emotions into a positive final result. (Can you?)

That is iconic 

• Premium Member

That was a good game. Trae took the headlines, and the Hawks took the W. I didn't think we played consistent at all, and need more from other players. We're a much better team than them, and we should have won by double digits.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Here's how Randle did against the Hawks defenders.  One name will stick out the most.

Hunter:    1 - 5 . . . . Capela help 0 - 1

Collins:    4 - 8 . . . Gallo help 1 - 1 . . . Capela help 1 - 1

Bogi:  0 - 1 . . . Capela help 0 - 1 

Gallo:  1 - 6 . . . Collins help 1 - 1 . . . Capela help:  0 - 1

Huerter: 0 - 3 . . 2 blks ( both low ball strips as Randle was in his shooting motion )

Capela:  0 - 1

Do you have a minutes breakdown?

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Gallo:  1 - 6 

This is surprising.  Gallo has that length though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is surprising.  Gallo has that length though.

The guy Scalabrine said Galli is a better defender than folks think.  As much as it pains me to agree with him, I kinda thought the same as I watched him shut Randle down a couple times.

That said, you could see Randle's indecisiveness on O many times last night.  The moment was clearly too much for him.  I expect overexertion in game 2, which could lead to a good game or another bad game.  We'll see.

I kinda hope he'll end up with 40 with his teammates just watching him work ... not realizing, until it's too late, that they can't score enough if that happens.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Does anyone have any word on Noel's injury? His loss could be much bigger for them than we are thinking.

I saw him give the trainer a thumbs up...So Im guessing he's ok..

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Here's how Randle did against the Hawks defenders.  One name will stick out the most.

Hunter:    1 - 5 . . . . Capela help 0 - 1

Collins:    4 - 8 . . . Gallo help 1 - 1 . . . Capela help 1 - 1

Bogi:  0 - 1 . . . Capela help 0 - 1 

Gallo:  1 - 6 . . . Collins help 1 - 1 . . . Capela help:  0 - 1

Huerter: 0 - 3 . . 2 blks ( both low ball strips as Randle was in his shooting motion )

Capela:  0 - 1

The "helpers" FGs are already included in the main guy's FG guarding Randle.

Hunter really set the tone, I like the strategy of sicking Hunter on him early so he doesn't get in a rhythm to start the game. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Does anyone have any word on Noel's injury? His loss could be much bigger for them than we are thinking.

Thought is was just leg cramps?

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The guy Scalabrine said Galli is a better defender than folks think.  As much as it pains me to agree with him, I kinda thought the same as I watched him shut Randle down a couple times.

That said, you could see Randle's indecisiveness on O many times last night.  The moment was clearly too much for him.  I expect overexertion in game 2, which could lead to a good game or another bad game.  We'll see.

I kinda hope he'll end up with 40 with his teammates just watching him work ... not realizing, until it's too late, that they can't score enough if that happens.

The Hawks kept him guessing, they never really brought a strong double that gave him easy passes.  It's not like he is a true Point Forward running the offense. He can make the simple reads off drive and kick and hard doubles, but he isn't driving the offensive flow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

First Take leads off with Hawks vs Knicks . . . mainly because Stephen A Smith was in the building.

Looks like SAS is discovering Trae for the first time, despite being in the league 3 years.   It's just proof that they really don't watch actual games of this team, only highlights.

Max's teasing was excellent . . . saying that Knicks fans "poked the bear".  Stephen A even indicated that Knicks fans were chanting things outside of the team hotel.  If that's the case, no wonder Trae came out like he did last night.  He was in attack mode earlier than usual.

Due to Max's hate for James Dolan he is rooting against the Knicks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, HawkingAwesome said:

They cut the part at the end of this where Max takes a stealth jab at Trae.  He basically says there's nothing to be excited about given that their current nemesis is Trae Young - as opposed to the Knicks teams of old who fought off the likes of epic enemies such as Jordan and Reggie Miller.

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thought is was just leg cramps?

The Hawks kept him guessing, they never really brought a strong double that gave him easy passes.  It's not like he is a true Point Forward running the offense. He can make the simple reads off drive and kick and hard doubles, but he isn't driving the offensive flow.

Again, I'm forced to agree with the guy Scalabrine.  He said, paraphrasing, that Randle is a guy who makes the "easy" pass.  Not a guy who playmakes at a high level where he's seeing plays before anyone else.

Game 2 will be interesting in proving or disproving that theory.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Again, I'm forced to agree with the guy Scalabrine.  He said, paraphrasing, that Randle is a guy who makes the "easy" pass.  Not a guy who playmakes at a high level where he's seeing plays before anyone else.

Game 2 will be interesting in proving or disproving that theory.

This is ultimately why I kept telling Knick fans the difference between us and you all is we are both going to gameplan to stop each other but we will be successful at it and you won't. Personnel matters so much

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm happy if Randle is taking close to 25 shots.  The types of shots he takes - and seems to prefer - are not great shots.  And we're playing him tighter than the regular season.  Step backs, fadeaway, pull-up mid rangers, etc.  As long as we keep him out of the paint (where he'll inevitably draw fouls, especially if Capela is sitting) I'm happy with 25 attempts.  Leaving their shooters open from 3 is much scarier imo.  

I want to see us run some more action for Heurter next game during the second unit minutes.  And I want Gallo to stop hesitating when he's open from 3!  Just fire! 

• Like 4