• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Wretch said:

They cut the part at the end of this where Max takes a stealth jab at Trae.  He basically says there's nothing to be excited about given that their current nemesis is Trae Young - as opposed to the Knicks teams of old who fought off the likes of epic enemies such as Jordan and Reggie Miller.

I heard that. National writers just can’t help themselves. They just need to give full unqualifying credit to those who deserve it.   They should just listen to Trae. He is taking names and whooping a**es. The national media needs to detach his name from Luka, apologize to him and then book maximum national TV games with the promotions to boot. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Wretch said:

One more while I'm living in this moment, this part here man...

NOT the game-winning shot which is obviously EVERYTHING...but the camera spotlight on my squad in primetime, on the NBA's biggest stage.  I've re-watched that post-shot moment about 50 times.  Just gives me goosebumps man.  Like...  That's my team!  My Hawks!  That's MY boys out there!  That's my dude TRAE!

The feels man...
😤😭🙌🏾

...and he was FOULED!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

...and he was FOULED!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I keep forgetting to point that out.  Of course, the whining Nik fans choose to overlook that no-call.

ETA: I have a feeling someone will be dropping that little nugget on RgM shortly to see the feeding frenzy commence.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I keep forgetting to point that out.  Of course, the whining Nik fans choose to overlook that no-call.

ETA: I have a feeling someone will be dropping that little nugget on RgM shortly to see the feeding frenzy commence.

they had just called a very similar foul on JC on Rose a few minutes earlier too.

We knew we'd be facing the refs.  Randle should have just barreled into someone on that last shot and they would have given him free throws.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

they had just called a very similar foul on JC on Rose a few minutes earlier too.

We knew we'd be facing the refs.  Randle should have just barreled into someone on that last shot and they would have given him free throws.

He should've passed the ball back to Burks, who was open, since he was the only reason they were in the game.  But he's been told he's a hero all year, so he had to force it to try to get his "moment".

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He should've passed the ball back to Burks, who was open, since he was the only reason they were in the game.  But he's been told he's a hero all year, so he had to force it to try to get his "moment".

i thought under 1 second was catch and shoot by rule.  I think a pass would have been an automatic too late.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I mean, this is hard to defend - 3 straight plays start out the same way with 3 different type of passes.  Free yourself - Trae will find you!  The back screen by Bogi on Taj for the Capela dunk - nice, next time give him the shiver.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mean, this is hard to defend - 3 straight plays start out the same way with 3 different type of passes.  Free yourself - Trae will find you!  The back screen by Bogi on Taj for the Capela dunk - nice, next time give him the shiver.

Uh oh. Don't let the Knicks see this! Lol. 😂

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Was low key expecting this to happen.  Also, I'm happy to take any bets that the refs get some of our guys into early foul trouble next game.  Knicks adjustment is going to be telling Randle to barrel into the lane, as you suggested, and pick up free throws.  He'll have more than 10 attempts Wednesday.

We just need to grind through it though.  This team is not that good, probably the most overrated team in the NBA right now.

15 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Was low key expecting this to happen.  Also, I'm happy to take any bets that the refs get some of our guys into early foul trouble next game.  Knicks adjustment is going to be telling Randle to barrel into the lane, as you suggested, and pick up free throws.  He'll have more than 10 attempts Wednesday.

We just need to grind through it though.  This team is not that good, probably the most overrated team in the NBA right now.

They are a tough, defensive team. I wouldn't get cocky just because we squeaked out game 1.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They are a tough, defensive team. I wouldn't get cocky just because we squeaked out game 1.

I think it's perfectly O.K. to be cocky right now lol people that wait until their team wins to get cocky are the worst!!!  Gotta believe, bleachkit

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The Hawks were the better team coming into the series and they were the better team last night. Not sure it's being cocky to acknowledge that. 

Both teams can play better than they did last night but the Hawks ha e more options and more weapons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2