• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Don't get me wrong, I think JC was solid.  Played a good game and had his moments.  But I think he could be more of a factor for the entirety of the game.  The Hawks have room to feature him more if they want to.  So the point is that the Hawks can get more production from several guys and they still won by 2. 

Hawks have a bunch of guys who can get you 20 - 25 how any do the knicks have? 

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Back-hand compliment alert, the guy Scalabrine ... "Trae is elite at drawing contact ... I don't even know where he'd fit in the league if he wasn't so elite at drawing fouls."

Really, clown-a**?

D-Wade and Harden would have been D-leaguers without doing that exact same stuff.

• Like 4

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Do you have the audio? Id like to hear that. No one blows a gasket like Steve.

Not yet! They're playing it on audacy's 929thegame radio about once per hour.

~lw3

• Like 2

How yall doing after a night's sleep?  I know everyone was amped, and browsing for reactions,  I was trying to watch NBAtv, and Bally postgame, and since Memphis was leading and held on, trying to see that too.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

It's pretty funny that you're still getting complaints about how Trae is a foul merchant. Like dude, he may have shot some free throws last night but that was far from a big story about his game.

Even had a decent lead for a little while before any kind of foul drawing,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'll give him credit for his comments on Randle.  Said, hidden in all the Trae stuff, is the FACT that Randle didn't show up las' night.  Said Gallo is a guy that gets no credit for actually being a good defensive player.  Said Randle was the most disappointing player so far (1 game, of course), even more so than Aunt Davis.

- I noticed Gallo d'ing up Randle multiple times last night and I was actually surprised how effective he was in spots.

How about the mooooving screens by Gibson to free up Burks' shots?

No question. It's one of those calls a ref can make on any play.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

HELLA QUIET!! 

Only Hannah Storm defended us, because they refused to put Trae's game winner in the SportCenter Top 10.  She was surprised it wasn't #1 and jokingly called them out on it.

I still have a little bit of a hangover headache from the alcohol yesterday, so I called into work today.

I really want to see what the media says about this game.  Guess I'll have to wait until First Take and Undisputed to get a little commentary on it.  And I may not get it then.

I'll get in my car this afternoon and probably ride around, just to specifically to listen to the Sirius NBA radio talking heads.

I see GET UP is FINALLY about to talk about the "thriller" at MSG next . . almost 80 minutes into their show.  Let's see how much time they spend on it.

Total time.  47 seconds

LMAO!!

Greeny said that Stephen A was at the game, and had more to say about it.  I guess we have to wait until the end of the show, or until First Take, to hear his biased opinion.

Hahaha . . I love it!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Aye Knick fans, regarding your COTY(sic), so FrenchFranq is good enough to guard Trae on the more important play of the game .... but he's not good enough to play any other minute of the whole game?

Weird or ........... panic?

Totally unfair to call that guy into the game, completely cold, and require him to stop a guy that's currently in supernova-mode.

Desperation move 100%. People criticizing the decision but fail to acknowledge that it highlights the bigger problem which is no one on that team can stay in front of Trae Young. Personally I think the bigger coaching failure was the gameplan from the outset. Basically the defensive philosophy with Trae was to play him tight straight one on one and force him to make plays in the paint... which is fn stupid honestly. Trae has been COOKING from that area of the floor both with his floater and his passing, so choosing to take away his perimeter shot which has actually been the weakest part of his game, and force him into his strength makes 0 sense. The way you play Trae is you take the ball away from his hands by blitzing him aggresively, either as he crosses half court or when he runs the PnR, you double him consistently and set up ambushes in certain spots on the floor, force the secondary ball handlers in Bogi and Huerter to make the plays and run those PnRs. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My ears just stopped bleeding from all the Knick-talk on the "national" broadcast.

Just realized, the PBP guy is the former Knick radio guy.  And, of course, Anthony is a former Knicks player.

"National" broadcast my a**

Anthony was pretty fair though giving the Hawks a ton of credit throughout most of the game.