• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Looks like Solo will be the odd man in the rotation.

Honestly, we don't need to play OO a lot as well. He seemed pretty lost last night. A 9-man rotation should do. And if I would stretch it to 10, it would be Solo rather than King Kongwu.  

Trae/Lou

3ogi/Huerter

Hunter/Tony

Collins/Gallo

Clint

We're good. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

It's funny reading / hearing all the "Randle struggled and we only lost by 2 so we good" takes while completely ignoring the fact that Bogie, Gallo, and Kevin all missed multiple WIDE OPEN 3's early in the game. Gallo is a 40% guy and went 1-7 on 3. JC didn't do anything special or get involved at the level he usually does. 

They also acting like Burks - a dude who avgs 12.7 on the season - is going to just put up 28 every game.  LOL.  Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.  

True except for the John part. He was tremendous especially early. He played nearly a perfect all around game. Scorning dropped off second half because Lou and Trae had it going. But to you larger point, we still have a lot more upside than NY. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Back-hand compliment alert, the guy Scalabrine ... "Trae is elite at drawing contact ... I don't even know where he'd fit in the league if he wasn't so elite at drawing fouls."

Really, clown-a**?

I don't get their complex with Trae, but we don't care anymore. He is changing his own narrative. Every call he got was a foul. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Trae had his ups and downs first half of the season, then Harden moving to the East made the All Star spot competition incredibly difficult... 100% should have made it over Ben Simmons, but at least I can wrap my head around the snub a little. The Clint snub though was absofreakinglutely criminal. Everyone involved in the snub should be stripped from ever voting for the All Star game until the end of time. 

Definitely on Clint, but the Trae young thing was still ridiculous. Jaylen Brown? Even Tatum was a stretch. It seemed like they wanted to spread the love instead of seeing Trae for who he really is..a top ten player in the league. He sacrificed his scoring to help his team win and they punished him for it. Time to carry hat big chip on his shoulder to the national scene.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

True except for the John part. He was tremendous especially early. He played nearly a perfect all around game. Scorning dropped off second half because Lou and Trae had it going. But to you larger point, we still have a lot more upside than NY. 

Don't get me wrong, I think JC was solid.  Played a good game and had his moments.  But I think he could be more of a factor for the entirety of the game.  The Hawks have room to feature him more if they want to.  So the point is that the Hawks can get more production from several guys and they still won by 2. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bogi woke up after he got posterized.  I think he made 4 of his next 6 threes.

That is the mentality I was hoping for. When RJ dunked in him, I said to myself, Bogi can’t let this dude out play him. Sure enough, he came back back with two of the biggest shots of the game. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

It's time to make them all pay (the whole League) For Snubbing Trae and Clint during the Allstar game in Atlanta. 

Exactly. They truly were snubbed. Often the NBA bias is just embarrassing. We will make them pay by watching us when big post season.

• Like 2