• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

WTF?  This is why I no longer pay attention to ESPN after having watched hours and hours every week back when they had quality content.

As Kwame Brown would say just a bunch of effeminate dudes on that network. Butthurt their little predictions are once again looking stupid. Who cares what anyone employed by that network has to say about anything?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nah . . we need OO to get those timely minutes at the 5, because Gallo cannot be trusted defensively.  And we all know that Collins doesn't want to battle at the 5 spot either.

I have no problem with how Nate is playing him 5 - 10 minutes a night, depending on how the game is going. 

Up to 10 minutes would be ok for me. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Back-hand compliment alert, the guy Scalabrine ... "Trae is elite at drawing contact ... I don't even know where he'd fit in the league if he wasn't so elite at drawing fouls."

Really, clown-a**?

And he knows better.  He's on the Celtics TV broadcast.  He knows what Trae is all about.   Listen to him as the game progresses.

• Like 1

Trae deserves full credit for the win no matter who likes him or who doesn't. I'll never be the biggest fan in comparison to some othrrs, but he deserves full credit.

I don't really listen to the complaining about foul calls because people do that anytime someone they don't like has a big game like this. It's annoying and it's just an easy way to try and deny credit.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Definitely on Clint, but the Trae young thing was still ridiculous. Jaylen Brown? Even Tatum was a stretch. It seemed like they wanted to spread the love instead of seeing Trae for who he really is..a top ten player in the league. He sacrificed his scoring to help his team win and they punished him for it. Time to carry hat big chip on his shoulder to the national scene.

LP was the one responsible for the snubs, the Hawks were a bad team during his tenure. At that time, Trae was mixing good games with terrible ones. I understand why he was snubbed, and it wasn't that unfair. Philly was at the top, Boston was "good" and the Hawks were bad. It's all LP's fault, really.

Clint, OTOH... 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm sure someone already said it since i'm late to the party but of all the talk of the genius of Thibs, pulling a ice cold guy off the bench to guard trae on the final possession was stupid.   (and yes i called it before the play).    Just put payton on him or something.  Frank had no chance and Trae knew it.

Yes. a pretty desperate move, but didn't someone post that Trae had astronomical numbers against Payton this year? D-Rose also got cooked like a slab of pulled pork. I think the bigger coaching blunder was the defensive gameplan coming out of the gate. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

It's pretty funny that you're still getting complaints about how Trae is a foul merchant. Like dude, he may have shot some free throws last night but that was far from a big story about his game.

They can keep crying all they want. Knicks had 15 FTs (8 by Burks) and the Hawks had 12 FTs (9 by Trae). 

• Like 4