• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

Nate miss managed this one. He’s an actual HC but there’s a reason he was our assistant. Oh and JC wanted outta this game. I’m sitting there telling my wife look JC going to foul again he’s  playing outta control. Boom fouls again. I’m like he’s not done he’s looking to foul out. Boom another foul. If you give that guy max money you’re hamstring this team for years. Could’ve and should’ve won this game. 

Edited by timebomb
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Capela - 4 points

Collins - 0 points

what the entire flip? Smh

Was Collins in early foul trouble?  Seem like he hardly played. I think Nate is going to have to tighten his rotation on the rest of the road games. But Gall is going to have to step up. 

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nate put the entire bench in and they lose a 13 point lead.

Nate left them in, despite being ice cold.

Trae didn't get back into the game until the Hawks were down by 10.

Despite the Hawks coming back to tie it, that was virtually the game right there.

Well hopefully he'll learn from that , the closer we get till the end of the series he won't have a choice anyway

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Should be on to the next one up 2-0. The Hawks could have survived Nate screwing up by leaving the bench in too long OR guys missing wide open shots if those were isolated incidents. You can't have both of those things happen in the second half of a Playoff game and win. This was a very winnable game. The Hawks got in their own way tonight.

Agreed.

Just now, Thomas said:

Nate first and foremost lost us a chance in the fourth. Our shooting finished it for us in ugly fashion. 

That play out of the timeout where a cold Bogi took and curl three pointer was an insanely stupid play. We needed to get to the paint. 

I'll give the Knicks credit. They did the one thing I said was massive for the game. Win the rebounding battle. A big reason for this was without JC. Its was Capela by himself. 

• Like 3

Just now, MarylandHawk said:

Was Collins in early foul trouble?  Seem like he hardly played. I think Nate is going to have to tighten his rotation on the rest of the road games. But Gall is going to have to step up. 

He put himself in foul trouble with out of control play.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nate put the entire bench in and they lose a 13 point lead.

Nate left them in, despite being ice cold.

Trae didn't get back into the game until the Hawks were down by 10.

Despite the Hawks coming back to tie it, that was virtually the game right there.

Guys miss shots in basketball. It happens. Coaching mistakes are more egregious. There's absolutely no excuse for a coach to watch the bench crash and burn like that and do nothing to stop it. 

• Like 3

Just now, MarylandHawk said:

It was nice to see Hunter come alive. Although he missed some key wide ope shots down the stretch.  He needs to learn and improve.  

That's dead legs. This is his 5th game back. He will be fully back my game 4. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I may be ignorant to the situation but is Dunn hurt or what?  I gotta believe he could cut those Rose dribble drives in half.

It was already established he wouldn’t be in the playoff rotation. He’s healthy

• Like 1