• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I mean, true...but this isn't the regular season. Every game counts that much more. And if the guys are cold, then try something else. They are bench players - not starters - for a reason.

• Like 4

Just now, hawkman said:

That answer ain't gonna get it Nate. It sounds like something we would have heard before the All-Star break after a tough loss. 

Indy warned us about this.

I want Sharife Cooper at 20. We need another Trae even if he can't f***ing shoot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

LOL...John played like a young player. He wasn't the reason we lost this game though.  Missing all those wide open shots was the reason.

Trae and Bogi were a +5.  Our bench got killed.  Nate needs to not have the entire bench out there ever.  Rotate the starters with a mixture.

Yup we missed way too many open shots and our bench has yet to play a normal game! 
right now it’s looking like the youngsters have the playoff experience over the vets ...except Collins! Smh man I’m just not sure about JC these are the times you make a name for yourself and he played absolutely stupid this game. Very disappointing! I’m revisiting my idea of JC for Sakim (tonight anyways)

if Collins can’t drop close to 20 or be his typical efficient self when it matters it’s tough to justify his Max contract but let’s cool it on that talk we still have playoff basketball to worry about.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Although this is true, if you are playing the ling game, you have to get your bench minutes so they can get a rhythm.  Nate believes our bench is better than theirs and is a strength so he is going to trust them. 

Well, if Nate thinks that, someone's better tell him he's VERY wrong. Their bench is much better than ours. Rose alone is possibly better than our entire bench. 

• Confused 1

I can’t fault Nate too tough for leaving Trae out/ keeping the bench in.  He coaches with his gut and I can’t question his track record and methods here so far I can’t remember the last game we lost.  He gotta walk a fine line of playoff urgency but still showing calm.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

I'll add this, if our bigs aren't gonna score much in this series, they have got to play tougher. Trae, Bogi and Hunter all took shots from Knicks players tonight. No retaliation from us is unacceptable. We can't let the Knicks try and get a mental edge on us like that.

Hunter, Trae, Capela, and Bogi ain't soft. But I know a lot of Hawks who are.

• Premium Member
Just now, nathan2331 said:

I'll add this, if our bigs aren't gonna score much in this series, they have got to play tougher. Trae, Bogi and Hunter all took shots from Knicks players tonight. No retaliation from us is unacceptable. We can't let the Knicks try and get a mental edge on us like that.

I thought this was why we brought in Solo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Why are y’all confused??

your bench has to give you something. At least keep up while Trae rest so he can fully close it out. Game 1 Lou made some key baskets and Trae came back in and finished it off.

Where McMillan made the mistake is allowing a 10 point lead to happen. Not calling enough timeouts during the run and not trying someone else like in the bench rotation like Hill.

I’m not saying don’t play Trae for 40 minutes as this is playoff basketball...just sayin I get that we need more production from our vet bench players cause we really do. Lou and Gallo just aren’t giving us enough.

knicks left Gallo open so damn much it’s sickening. We have to capitalize on that from here on out.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I told Hawk fans what would happen. Breh just too limited for playoff teams. This same thing happened to Harrell. I remember @JayBirdHawk clowning me about Harrell when JC is even worse.

C'mon man - you wanted to pay a one dimensional older Harrell $20 mil. lol.  And again my assertion was Harrell at $20mil OR Collins on a max - I'm taking the 23 year old Collins EVERYTIME

• Like 4

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

C'mon man - you wanted to pay a one dimensional older Harrell $20 mil. lol.

I was going by his RS season success and his defensive numbers looked great in the RS. In the playoffs, he looked like shit. You gotta admit, JC looking worse than Harrell did in the bubble so far

5 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Well, if Nate thinks that, someone's better tell him he's VERY wrong. Their bench is much better than ours. Rose alone is possibly better than our entire bench. 

Their bench is overachieving because they are at home . When they get down here to State Farm that shit won’t be the same . Rose will be but not them as a whole .

Our bench is better in terms of scoring but Lou, Gallo who are the best scorers on the bench just aren’t doing enough offensively. They have not had a normal game.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I can’t fault Nate too tough for leaving Trae out/ keeping the bench in.  He coaches with his gut and I can’t question his track record and methods here so far I can’t remember the last game we lost.

But his playoff track record is due to this kind of stubbornness - playing the same rotations in the playoffs that he did in the regular season. It won't work.