• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I owe Smoove an apology. He is way more productive in the playoffs than JC

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/smithjo03.html

28.5% 3point it always seemed he was jacking them things every chance too

Just now, NBASupes said:

Hunter can guard Randle, Giannis, Durant, Tatum, and AD better than JC

better doesn't mean good though

at this point i'd give collins that capella contract 15 mil per year sounds about right yeah?

Just now, AHF said:

You've backtracked probably 20x on things you've said on him.  We've got a 2 game sample size on him for the playoffs.

Game 1 was decent but nothing to write home about.  12 points on .667% TS% to go with 7 rebounds, 1 steal and 2 blocks.

Game 2 was a disaster.  

This is a bad matchup for him but you have to get a bigger sample size than this to draw conclusions.  This reminds me a bit of the people who were trumpeting their powers of prediction when past guys have struggled out of the gate (like rookie Trae and Bogi this year, etc.).  Let's see what comes the rest of the series.

Some was deserved. His defense massively improved from last year this year. He ended my chatter that 4/40 is the max I would offer him. He played like a 4/80 to 90 guy. But in the playoffs, he's looking like a jag. He's our worse defender on Randle and he's not much of a scoring threat if you take away the lob. 

Bogi been guarding Randle better. That said, he is still valuable to us in this series. We can't afford him to be in foul trouble as Okongwu just isn't giving us much and Gallo is old, he can only play so many mins. JC has value and he's important but you gotta admit, this ain't no max kat

4 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

28.5% 3point it always seemed he was jacking them things every chance too

better doesn't mean good though

at this point i'd give collins that capella contract 15 mil per year sounds about right yeah?

JC wants 30 a year. He wants Siakam money.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Some was deserved. His defense massively improved from last year this year. He ended my chatter that 4/40 is the max I would offer him. He played like a 4/80 to 90 guy. But in the playoffs, he's looking like a jag. He's our worse defender on Randle and he's not much of a scoring threat if you take away the lob. 

Bogi been guarding Randle better. That said, he is still valuable to us in this series. We can't afford him to be in foul trouble as Okongwu just isn't giving us much and Gallo is old, he can only play so many mins. JC has value and he's important but you gotta admit, this ain't no max kat

JC wants 30 a year. He wants Siakam money.

whoever pays him that good luck

• Like 1

Just now, HawkingAwesome said:

whoever pays him that good luck

There are Hawk fans who @ me this year when JC has a great run of games but in these playoffs, I haven't been @ by them when it comes to JC. I wonder why?

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

After two games in the playoffs, Josh Smith was a -38 +/- compared to -2 for JC.

Josh Smith was shooting 34.7% TS%

JC is shooting 54.5% TS%

Two games isn't a meaningful sample and both guys looked bad but Smith seemed to do a lot more active harm in his minutes during that very limited sample.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ha. I think you should look at Josh's 1st 2 playoff games if you want to use a 2 game sample size.

3-10 6pts 7rbs, 3-13 13pts, 8 rebs - nothing to write home about.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AHF said:

After two games in the playoffs, Josh Smith was a -38 +/- compared to -2 for JC.

Josh Smith was shooting 34.7% TS%

JC is shooting 54.5% TS%

Two games isn't a meaningful sample and both guys looked bad but Smith seemed to do a lot more active harm in his minutes during that very limited sample.

Didn't the Hawks lose those two games and he was guarding KG who just won the MVP award in Boston?

Come on AHF

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter can guard Randle, Giannis, Durant, Tatum, and AD better than JC

Hunter is a better defender, you'll find no argument from me there. He just isn't the guy you want to start at PF on this team.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Hunter is a better defender, you'll find no argument from me there. He just isn't the guy you want to start at PF on this team.

Who is? It's not JC. Okongwu is still extremely young and raw? I always thought Hunter would be our PF of the future used like a wealthy man's Maxi Kleber. 

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

On paper, they are underwhelming in the game. They literally look like a football team playing Basketball 

Lol.  Rose is the reliable but non-explosive halfback.  Randle is the “all I got is a bullrush” DE.  Bullock is the big ass third down slot possession receiver.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

This is possibly the worst matchup in the league for JC.  Randle is very strong and very quick.  He can't elevate so he scores in ways that don't require him to get up where JC's springs can help.  I'm not optimistic that JC is going to suddenly start defending Randle in a fantastic way.  It is simply a very bad matchup for him.

I do agree he isn't a max guy but market will set his price and we'll have to react to that.  Let's see how our playoff run ends, how JC performs and what the market commands for him.  There is nothing to be done about his RFA status at this point.

Every PF that's very good is the worst matchup for JC

Giannis

AD

Durant

Tatum

He even struggles with Tobias Harris.

JC fine in the RS where you play good PF like 18 times out of 82 games in a year but in the playoffs. You likely to play them in each round. Good luck paying that. I wouldn't

Just now, NBASupes said:

JC fine in the RS where you play good PF like 18 times out of 82 games in a year but in the playoffs. You likely to play them in each round. Good luck paying that. I wouldn't

SnT his ass to Toronto for Siakam