Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

Gallo is getting punked.  His shot chart is disgusting.

Part of his game this year has been posting up people and either scoring on them or drawing fouls.  He's living almost strictly on the perimeter in these 2 games.

He either needs to man up, or . . . and I can't believe I'm saying this . . . put the Knife in the game.

Solo isn't going to give you any offense, but he'll at least match the physicality that the Knicks are trying to dish out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Gallo is getting punked.  His shot chart is disgusting.

Part of his game this year has been posting up people and either scoring on them or drawing fouls.  He's living almost strictly on the perimeter in these 2 games.

He either needs to man up, or . . . and I can't believe I'm saying this . . . put the Knife in the game.

Solo isn't going to give you any offense, but he'll at least match the physicality that the Knicks are trying to dish out.

Yep. More Solo..Less Snell and Gallo...Cant believe I just said that..lol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And Hunter is not a 4.

We know he's not a true 4 but who's playing true 4s at the 4 anymore?

Giannis is a 5

AD can play the 5

Durant is a 3

Tatum is a 3

Kleber can defend the 3 and 4

Randle is a true 4 and he's ineffective af in the playoffs 

The 5 is the only position you can't replace because of positional value. 

You don't need a true 4. They ruin spacing.

JC issue is he's turned himself into a good team defender but his man defense is still weak, his offense is too much based on finesse and movement in the playoffs, teams scheme that shit away. 

JC will always have this issue. Malone used to have some trouble with the PnR in the playoffs but he still had his back to the basket game and size to help him. JC is really what Smoove was. Talented and helpful RS players but they lack too much skill in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

I want Trae completely in his bag in the 2 games in ATL.

You do whatever it takes to win.  Shoot floaters.  Shoot bombs.  Draw fouls.  Foul bait.  Whatever.

I hope the fan base now realizes what we have in this kid.  And all of the stuff he does = winning basketball, no matter if people doesn't like his style of play or not.

It does now, when LP was here, he wasn't always running the offense, finding the best shot for his teammates and taking quality shots. Under Nate, Trae been the real deal. None of that BS I see anymore. 

• Like 1

We getting on John and the local media will in the next few days, rightfully so.  But imagine how Payton and Barrett are being drug in NY right now.  Them boys shooting 32% and ain’t stopping nothing. They’re two huge cheeks that make up a ghetto booty.  The ones you can still see in sweats and scrubs.  

Thibs has worked magic I just can’t remember a 4th seed roster that looked this underwhelming on paper.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Diesel said:

He'll be lucky to see 50 million over 4. 

Deep breaths guys.  JC laid an egg last night.  No getting around that.  But let's not go overboard.  He's much more likely to get twice that amount than he is to get anything close to 50 million.  And JC isn't garbage, etc.  Need him to bounce back in this series and start making a positive difference but he remains a highly productive 23 year old who has shown impressive development in his time in the NBA.  Deep breaths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, AHF said:

Deep breaths guys.  JC laid an egg last night.  No getting around that.  But let's not go overboard.  He's much more likely to get twice that amount than he is to get anything close to 50 million.  And JC isn't garbage, etc.  Need him to bounce back in this series and start making a positive difference but he remains a highly productive 23 year old who has shown impressive development in his time in the NBA.  Deep breaths.

I told you he wasn't a playoff player. 

• Premium Member

I want Trae completely in his bag in the 2 games in ATL.

You do whatever it takes to win.  Shoot floaters.  Shoot bombs.  Draw fouls.  Foul bait.  Whatever.

I hope the fan base now realizes what we have in this kid.  And all of the stuff he does = winning basketball, no matter if people doesn't like his style of play or not.

Really we need everyone else but Trae to pick it up. He needs to continue to let the game come to him and play the exact same way he has played the last two games. If the other guys get going we are going to absolutely smoke the Knicks. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

We getting on John and the local media will in the next few days, rightfully so.  But imagine how Payton and Barrett are being drug in NY right now.  Them boys shooting 32% and ain’t stopping nothing. They’re two huge cheeks that make up a ghetto booty.  The ones you can still see in sweats and scrubs.  

Thibs has worked magic I just can’t remember a 4th seed roster that looked this underwhelming on paper.

On paper, they are underwhelming in the game. They literally look like a football team playing Basketball 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We know he's not a true 4 but who's playing true 4s at the 4 anymore?

Giannis is a 5

AD can play the 5

Durant is a 3

Tatum is a 3

Kleber can defend the 3 and 4

Randle is a true 4 and he's ineffective af in the playoffs 

The 5 is the only position you can't replace because of positional value. 

You don't need a true 4. They ruin spacing.

JC issue is he's turned himself into a good team defender but his man defense is still weak, his offense is too much based on finesse and movement in the playoffs, teams scheme that shit away. 

JC will always have this issue. Malone used to have some trouble with the PnR in the playoffs but he still had his back to the basket game and size to help him. JC is really what Smoove was. Talented and helpful RS players but they lack too much skill in the playoffs. 

Difference between Smoove and Collins, is Collins is one of the most efficient players in the entire NBA, and Josh Smith was one of the least efficient players I've ever seen. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Thanks 2

Tony Snell been the worst player on both teams in these playoffs 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Difference between Smoove and Collins, is Collins is one of the most efficient players in the entire NBA, and Josh Smith was one of the least efficient players I've ever seen. 

Collins efficiency is really helping us in these playoffs. Both players would have issues in the playoffs. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I told you he wasn't a playoff player. 

So far neither is Capela or Gallo....those are vets that are being paid the big bucks. 

I mean look at Bam in Miami who already got paid, he's not having a good series either.

• Thanks 1