• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Are korver and smith stoned? Why is korver even on tv this is a super bland platitude broadcast I e ever seen although I never though Kyle or smith were tv personalities jeez

noooo I love these sleepy-headed guys with their Lukewarm Takes! It's good to dial the temperature down a bit from the four-letter network's reactionary content.

Kahl and Smitty (and any Hawks coach that just got fired and needs work) are only on this channel because (a) they, like a LOT of ex-NBA employees, choose to live in The A, and (b) AT&T/Turner Studios is here, too.

Besides, Smitty's weekly "Under the Rim" segment (thanks to the clever producers) is comedy gold. And they can only trot out Sam Mitchell but so much!

~lw3

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Are y'all seeing this, korver looking down at the desk as he finishes his statements. Strange 

Anyway, I missed the game, did the hawks do something a lot different defensively or was this more hero ball from sixers and we kinda took advantage of that.  Or was the slowing if embeed kid taken advantage of? 

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

So you're saying (if I properly change the coach) there's a chance?

~lw3

Wow! To be nearly .500 when trailing by 10+ is crazy! Nate has truly been a game changer! 

Edited by TheTruth
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

The Hawks shot 36.6 percent from the floor. They shot 30 percent from 3. They shot just over 50 percent at the rim. Trae Young was 8-for-26 and sported athletic tape on his right shoulder from a minor injury he sustained in Game 3, which caused him to have it wrapped whenever he was on the bench. John Collins was 6-for-15. The Sixers shot 41 percent from 3. Joel Embiid had 17 points and 21 rebounds. Tobias Harris once again scored at least 20 points. Seth Curry was 7-for-10 from the floor. The Hawks were down by 18 near the end of the first half. Atlanta pulled it off. Somehow, someway. The Hawks did it. They won 103-100. They found a way to claw their way back in a game.....

What was most impressive was how composed a team of mostly first-timers in the playoffs looked even with the odds stacked against them at the end of the first half. It was a completely different group in the third quarter. Shots started to fall. Collins’ energy on the court was infectious. Young started making shots. Clint Capela helped limit Embiid to 0-for-12 in the second half. The Hawks turned the ball over only four times all game, a franchise low in the playoffs. 

The Hawks might have also found a lineup combination that works to match the Sixers’ size in playing Danilo Gallinari at the four and Collins at the three. That lineup brought the Hawks back in the game late in the third quarter. That combination, along with Young and Bogdan Bogdanovic on the floor, played the second-most minutes for the Hawks and was a plus-five. Nate McMillan said he likes how that group is still able to retain shooting on the floor while being physical enough defensively to hold the Sixers. Collins has been the only player defensively this series who has done a solid job of guarding Harris, so it will be interesting to see how that unit is used for the rest of the series; it has worked despite that three-man group never being played together during the regular season.,,,

We had 21 second-chance points. The hustle game, the scrap game was one of the keys that we felt we had to win to beat Philadelphia. He did a great job of getting us second and third opportunities. That was big.”

• Like 4