• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks -- ECF GAME 6

lethalweapon3

29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No need to argue about this... but  if Giannis would have played and not got hurt, we had a better chance.    They would have never found Lopez with Giannis in the game.   Neither would they have played Portis as much.   And we were getting to Giannis with the count.   Giannis would have ended his playoffs as he did the last few years... losing. 

That would have not have been the result. The Hawks squeaked out 1 game due to Trae's performance and the other win was a game where the Bucks didn't show up.

Admitting that you got beat by Brook Lopez is not a flattering thing. . Not a hill that I'd want to die on.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

See 6:42 without that shot to tie the game,  I believe you were on hiatus during this time though so you may not have seen it.  There was also several big shots in the Philly series during the comebacks. Let me know if you want me to pull those for you.

UMMM Trae young won that game with a last second floater!  You don't win games with 7 minutes to go in the game stop it!

Just now, Peoriabird said:

UMMM Trae young won that game with a last second floater!  You don't win games with 7 minutes to go in the game stop it!

The Hawks were down 103 -100 with  55 seconds left when Bogi hit that shot.  Keep up your agenda though holmes. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

The Hawks were down 103 -100 with  55 seconds left when Bogi hit that shot.  Keep up your agenda though holmes. 

He didn't take over the games like John did so please spare me.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

With no Trae and an injured Trae in Game six.  I wasn't expecting sunshine and roses.

Yeah, the best I was hoping for tonight was for them to steal this one and buy Trae more time to get back to his regular self. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

All I said was he won a couple of games.  Point proven. Thanks.

He didn't which is my point!  Trae made far more plays down the stretch in those games than him.  So if you are saying he won them instead of Trae, I don't agree

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

He didn't which is my point Trae made far more plays in those games than him.  So if you are saying he won them instead of Trae, I don't agree

So if he misses that pressure shot with under one minute left do the Hawks win the game.  Does Trae have the opportunity to hit the game winning floater? No, Trae almost turned the ball over with that pass, Bogi makes something out of nothing and hits the game tying three. It was the second biggest shot in that game.  

No idea why you refuse to give Bogi his props.  He was playing like trash and with Trae out stepped up for us.  He's a nice solid addition to the team. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No idea why you refuse to give Bogi his props.  He was playing like trash and with Trae out stepped up for us.  He's a nice solid addition to the team. 

I agree that he is a solid addition to the team.  My only point is that he is not a starter.  Reddish and Hunter should be the starting wings on this team

I agree that he is a solid addition to the team.  My only point is that he is not a starter.  Reddish and Hnter should be the starting wings on this team

Why does it matter who starts? It matters who finishes.  We have options.  That's all any of us should worry about.  If Bogi is hot, leave him.  If the others are hot leave them in.  Who start doesn't matter.  Who wins us games as Hawks fans is all that should matter. I don't care if Bogi gets 1 minute or 48.  As long as we are winning that's all that matters to me.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I agree that he is a solid addition to the team.  My only point is that he is not a starter.  Reddish and Hnter should be the starting wings on this team

Not like they were in street clothes when he was starting...

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not trashing the Hawks. Great season. But we got punched in the mouth twice, despite no Giannis. Did you expect us to lose twice in a row with no Giannis after game 4? No you didn't and nor did I. Great season, but disappointing ending to the ECF. 

The offensive rebounds killed us, because they had a tendency to make 3s on the 2nd shot.  Giannis going out for them was actually a blessing in disguise against us, because it forced them to play more in the paint from a traditional sense, instead of just letting Giannis drive and score most of the paint points.

We're a finesse team, not a physical one.  And it showed with the way Milwaukee got to some of those offensive rebounds.

21 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:
50 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No need to argue about this... but  if Giannis would have played and not got hurt, we had a better chance.    They would have never found Lopez with Giannis in the game.   Neither would they have played Portis as much.   And we were getting to Giannis with the count.   Giannis would have ended his playoffs as he did the last few years... losing. 

Agree 90% @Diesel

And I say 90% because I do have to give the 2 time MVP the benefit of the doubt, and believe that he could win 2 out of 3 vs the Hawks, with home court advantage.

• Like 1