• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks -- ECF GAME 6

lethalweapon3

Great job by this team. I wish we won of course but I can’t be mad at this deep unexpected playoff run.

I know the finals are coming up but I want to get right into talking about what’s needed for roster improvements.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Great job by this team. I wish we won of course but I can’t be mad at this deep unexpected playoff run.

I know the finals are coming up but I want to get right into talking about what’s needed for roster improvements.

Well next year we know we got Trae, Bogi, Kevin, Cam, Dre, Clint, Gallo, OO coming back. Lou is retiring, Snell will probably sign elsewhere. So that frees up some nice cash for us. But the looming question of course is what happens with JC, which is a hotly debated question. Still think we should try to resign him, but If JC's reps play hardball, TS might have to make some decisions about what to do.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

UMMM Trae young won that game with a last second floater!  You don't win games with 7 minutes to go in the game stop it!

7 minutes in THE VIDEO.

not the game.

NOW - go watch that video! Come back to let us know when Bogi ties up the game with under a minute. Or don't....

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, JTB said:

We need a backup PG - more depth at C,and if there's a shooter out there you can never have too many of those. 

Ditto to all the positivity. I will say we potentially threw away 2 of these games by going to Trae when he obviously did not have it. That was my main disappointment since it was completely in our control. Would have rather gone out with Cam firing away.

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

We need a backup PG - more depth at C,and if there's a shooter out there you can never have too many of those. 

We need someone that can score inside within traffic. Too much finesse. too many missed bunnies. We go on scoring droughts consistently because most of our points come off jumpers when lobs are taken away

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

We need Hunter and Cam to develop the Maggette mindset of driving straight to the basket and drawing fouls. The biggest issue I have with our offense is outside of alley oops/bullet passes right at the basket our team has zero low post or inside scoring. If no one is willing to put their back to the basket and get some buckets then you have to drive in and get contact.

As you pointed out, the problem was we wouldn’t get calls on drives.  Reddish drove straight into traffic, no call but tons of contact.  Bogi goes up with Jrue all over him and gets an offensive foul.  Collins and Gallo had guys smothering them and had to shoot jumpers, and actually made a lot of them.  If we got calls, those guys would be able to drive.  We didn’t.  Sucks.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

One other thing that Milwaukee did well...

I watched them watch Trae as he gave the offensive signals coming up the court.   You wonder how they were able to get a lot of steals and be in a lot of the spots... They must have film watched and recognized what we did when certain things were done.

It was one play specifically.  Trae was bringing the ball up, he has a hand signal where he looks like he touch his shoulder.   When he did that signal... Our players were watching.. but I also noticed that Milwaukee was watching him just as hard.  Then he brings the ball up and make a pass and Middleton popped out of nowhere and steals the ball.  I saw them do it again and the other time they did it, Conaughton stole the ball.

I guess with all the changing personel, we have easy to read hand signals but we have to get to know each other better and not have those kind of give aways.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

As much as this pains me to say it, Bud coached his ass off this series. Seemingly every adjustment, every timeout, worked in their favor. 

I don’t know what the hell he said to Khris Middleton about hitting the glass but it worked.  He had as many rebounds as Trae, Kevin, and Bogi combined.  I got a newfound respect for Holliday as well.  He wasn’t f&@kin around with a .541 eFG and 3:1 assist to turnover for the series.  I always rocked with Bud but I’m gonna be rooting for the Suns tho.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hawkman said:

Fixed.

Trae out and hurt when back was huge against us. And Hunter not playing one minute and Cam not playing soon enough. We won two games with Giannis playing one and three quarters of them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Trae out and hurt when back was huge against us. And Hunter not playing one minute and Cam not playing soon enough. We won two games with Giannis playing one and three quarters of them. 

Meant to make this a response to who the better team is. We missed tons of minutes with those three guys so it was not just the Bucks fighting short handed. Think if both teams were fully healthy we match up better and with a lot of that being the defense of Dre.

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

We need Hunter and Cam to develop the Maggette mindset of driving straight to the basket and drawing fouls. The biggest issue I have with our offense is outside of alley oops/bullet passes right at the basket our team has zero low post or inside scoring. If no one is willing to put their back to the basket and get some buckets then you have to drive in and get contact.

It was sorely lacking throughout this series. Too much settling for 3s and long 2s.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It was sorely lacking throughout this series. Too much settling for 3s and long 2s.

With the way Hunter developed his dribble drive game that we saw before the injury, we sure could have used that in this series.

Hopefully Cam spends some time working on his as well as his finishing at the basket.

• Like 2