• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I said in the chat I don't like indecisive Trae, we need him to be aggressive in whatever he's going to do.

What the f*** i tell ya'll! Trae is the bored genius. I told ya'll. This is why he can't stay locked in for the regular season. Reggie is the same way. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

What the f*** i tell ya'll! Trae is the bored genius. I told ya'll. This is why he can't stay locked in for the regular season. Reggie is the same way. 

Yes you did say that. I think you and North just want Trae to Iverson himself.

• Like 1

I said in the chat I don't like indecisive Trae, we need him to be aggressive in whatever he's going to do.

Certain folks won't like it, but that first quote is EXACTLY what it looks like. Trae looks like he's not sure if he's passing it, shooting it, lobbing it, or what. I was thinking he looked scared at first but I think indecisive is a better word. 

Fir better or worse, the Hawks were built around Trae being the Alpha. It doesn't work when he starts trying to be something else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That's crazy talk man.

Like who has that trade value?

Cam ain't worth that much. He's worth a protected lotto pick, we don't need that. 

Hunter has the most value but the issue is, he's not valuable enough for be the centerpiece of a Beal, KAT, Lillard trade and he's too valuable for a Siakam or Simmons deal.

Kev ain't never been worth much trade wise. He's a nice piece to have but nothing no one wants to trade a major asset for.

Gallo is just an expiring at this point. We could have moved him for Rubio but we didn't want Rubio. Gallo will always have appeal and value to a degree. 

JC is highly paid. He has a ton of value but who's a JC away and what rebuilding team wants to build around JC? 

You tell me?

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Certain folks won't like it, but that first quote is EXACTLY what it looks like. Trae looks like he's not sure if he's passing it, shooting it, lobbing it, or what. I was thinking he looked scared at first but I think indecisive is a better word. 

Fir better or worse, the Hawks were built around Trae being the Alpha. It doesn't work when he starts trying to be something else. 

He can't get easy points,  like it or not, floaters are NOT easy. Middys are easy points but you can only get so many. CP3 gets them but CP3 maxes out at 17ppg. Trae likes to max out at 26ppg. He needs a lot more easy baskets. VC told Trae is path to superstardom is 20/14 but Trae loves his 26/9 too much. He has to understand,  in the RS, 20ppg is fine on good efficiency but that man loves to shoot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam ain't worth that much. He's worth a protected lotto pick, we don't need that. 

Hunter has the most value but the issue is, he's not valuable enough for be the centerpiece of a Beal, KAT, Lillard trade and he's too valuable for a Siakam or Simmons deal.

Kev ain't never been worth much trade wise. He's a nice piece to have but nothing no one wants to trade a major asset for.

Gallo is just an expiring at this point. We could have moved him for Rubio but we didn't want Rubio. Gallo will always have appeal and value to a degree. 

JC is highly paid. He has a ton of value but who's a JC away and what rebuilding team wants to build around JC? 

You tell me?

Rubio is much better backup than Lou/Delon....Shouldve made that deal.. Gallo is useless at this point if hes not on fire offensively..

• Like 1

Just now, terrell said:

Rubio is much better backup than Lou/Delon....Shouldve made that deal.. Gallo is useless at this point if hes not on fire offensively..

Gallo was critical in the playoffs. He likely still maybe but we gotta get there.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You tell me?

Which one of those Lakers was worth Anthony Davis?  When you consolidate for a star player, the other team is looking for a boatload of picks and rebuild players.  They're not trying to trade their star away and still contend -- that doesn't even make sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Which one of those Lakers was worth Anthony Davis?  When you consolidate for a star player, the other team is looking for a boatload of picks and rebuild players.  They're not trying to trade their star away and still contend -- that doesn't even make sense.

You really can't compare that deal to anything because the value is so freaking high.

They got Lonzo Ball #2 overall 

BI #2nd overall

4th overall pick

Future unprotected 1sts from an aging roster outside of AD.  

And cheap role players plus they already had Zion locked in the bag with #1 overall. 

Atlanta can only give you Hunter. Ball? Nope. A top 5 pick? Nope.

Basketball IQ is the biggest issue I see this year with the squad. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

You really can't compare that deal to anything because the value is so freaking high.

They got Lonzo Ball #2 overall 

BI #2nd overall

4th overall pick

Future unprotected 1sts from an aging roster outside of AD.  

And cheap role players plus they already had Zion locked in the bag with #1 overall. 

Atlanta can only give you Hunter. Ball? Nope. A top 5 pick? Nope.

You're nitpicking the example but the logic is the same -- even for what Atlanta can offer.  We might not get a top 5 player like AD but we can definitely get an all-star difference maker with the assets we have.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You tell me?

I guess my point was mentioning trading Trae for another star still leaves us with One Star....so what was the point particularly since the idea is to pair him WITH one. 

I know the minute someone say consolidation trade it's all the starry eyes 🤩 stars.....it may not be that kind of player....it might be a Jrue Holiday type player, who was traded for Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, 2 1st and 2 1st swaps. Hawks own all their picks and we have Young players with potential on Rookie contracts.

If you think our players value is so low we can't trade for an IMPACTFUL player why trade them?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sorry but your Cam + Gallo + outside of the lottery 1sts ain't cutting it for Brown, George or Beal. Its gonna cost us Hunter, Collins, and even then, that's not enough for most of these teams. These trade fantasies are just that. 

You sure we're outside of the lottery this season? lol

• Premium Member

I told my wife we would likely lose this game like 3 weeks ago just due to the b2b schedule and travel, as to not get her hopes up.  Also, Jazz are an outstanding regular season team.  We definitely have too many mouths to feed on offense right now and it's becoming an issue but it's a very solvable one.  Roster construction isn't our biggest issue or close to it imo, just need guys to settle into their roles, everyone has to sacrifice, and everyone needs to stay locked in defensively.  They looked tired as hell out there tonight but effort wasn't bad.

The doom and gloom after losses here is crazy.  We're not going to win every game and we have a brutal next 5.  If we can go even 2-3 over the next 5 I'll be happy.  It's very early in the season and we're trying to build chemistry now that we have a deep and healthy roster.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It’s boring because Trae is a prime time player. Sadly, he does have to play the regular season lol.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He can't get easy points,  like it or not, floaters are NOT easy. Middys are easy points but you can only get so many. CP3 gets them but CP3 maxes out at 17ppg. Trae likes to max out at 26ppg. He needs a lot more easy baskets. VC told Trae is path to superstardom is 20/14 but Trae loves his 26/9 too much. He has to understand,  in the RS, 20ppg is fine on good efficiency but that man loves to shoot. 

Which means hes going to have ALOT of 5-20 games......smh...

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah you called it.

And it definitely showed in this game.  Indecisive as hell.

How did I know you would back that. Oh ya, Trae launches from 35!!!! BANG! :laugh1: Y’all love Trae to score first then distribute second just admit it!