• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

14 hours ago, Sothron said:

Trae's talking to media after the game is interesting. He said there's a lot of guys wanting a lot of minutes and shots and they need to figure out whose going to sacrifice so the team can win games. 

We all knew a consolidation trade was coming. Starting to think that timer is a lot sooner than we thought.

It's gonna be Bogi.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yes.  Because I can prove with data that the Hawks win at a much higher clip when Trae is scoring the ball, than when Trae has a high number of assists.

Like I said, we don't have a legit #2 scorer on this team.  Until we get one, Trae has to be the engine.

When he's scoring, people become more wide open.

Your data includes Trae drawing a bunch of fouls that he's not getting anymore.  And probably even more impactful than that, guys being scared to foul trae making it easier for him to score.  He has to go head-first into more of a CP3 role (seems to be more the route he's taking) or a steph curry route.  He doesn't move a single inch after passing it in half-court so he better turn into CP3 quick.  I think he will eventually and I think he will be elite, so I'm not worried -- but I don't think the answer going forward is for him to be a shoot first 6'1 guard.

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Your data includes Trae drawing a bunch of fouls that he's not getting anymore.  And probably even more impactful than that, guys being scared to foul trae making it easier for him to score.  He has to go head-first into more of a CP3 role (seems to be more the route he's taking) or a steph curry route.  He doesn't move a single inch after passing it in half-court so he better turn into CP3 quick.  I think he will eventually and I think he will be elite, so I'm not worried -- but I don't think the answer going forward is for him to be a shoot first 6'1 guard.

CP3 runs an offense, not Trae tho

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I saw Trae running plenty of the offense yesterday, but that's maybe because I was there in person and you were watching on TV.

You act like he's prime Malcolm Delany out there.  Just because he's not doing specific things as a fourth year guard doesn't mean that he won't later.  That's what I generally hate about your hot taking. You were making this stance last year.  Then the playoffs happened and  now you say there was a difference between that Trae and this Trae.  Maybe give him a little more than ten games before making these sweeping allegations of him as a player? 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Still disagree with your terminology, but I know what you mean.  And that's more of a coaching issue than a Trae issue.  He has the tools... he just hasn't had the same molding CP3 had in college (Skip Prosser is a very good coach) and he clearly hasn't focused on being that guy.  I partly blame the Steph 3P era for that, also blame tanking because how you can develop that kind of game with some of the rosters we were fiedling.  And it doesn't help we currently have 3-4 rotation players that are black holes and iso every time they get a touch.  Either way, he's clearly trying to change but the whole team has to adjust.  I hold Nate and the coaching staff more responsible than any one player for what we've seen on that end of the floor.  I do believe we will get much better.

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Until this team gets a legit #2 scorer that can carry the load and be a #1 scorer, We need Trae to be aggressive.  Not shoot us out of the game, but be aggressive and not passive.

Turnover Trae, historically, is an indication that he's playing aggressive, because he's either trying to score, or make a lot of plays for others.

Passive Trae is not good for this team at this moment.  Our opponents know it.  That's why they fear Trae the scorer, more than Trae the passer.

But when Trae has it going, he's doing both at a high level.

Co-sign.  Tell Trae he is the man.  Let's not make this a thing like telling Michael Vick not to run.  

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's not a lazy defender.  His defensive awareness is just poor.  And he's a small, but not physically strong guy.

He ball watches a little too much and loses track of his man, or the man closest to him.

Supes has explained it perfectly why his boredom is.

Supes the Sports Psychologist...lol

13 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

So Trae is going on about how boring the regular season is as if he is a playoff vet? lol

Exactly...

53 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Im worried...

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Im worried...

No reason to be worried imo.  I think it's healthy to view last year as somewhat of an anomaly but we're still right where we want to be.  Trae is a great player and has a great skillset.  He has a ton of talent around him.  Things will work themselves out.  I'm confident that Trae/Nate/Schlenk will make sure of it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Also, everyone keeps discussing Trae but this was a bench loss.  Clarkson had a game high +29 for torching our abysmal bench unit.  The most worrying thing to me is NAte's philosophy of running two 5 man units to build chemistry, whereas I feel like we should have an offensive/defensive system that is seamless to interchange players.  I'm not a coach and I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about running an offense, but it's clear to me there is no consistency out there.  Looks like we just run a hodge podge of plays 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae has the heart 💜 of  LORD ZEKE (not using Isiah (Lord) anymore to confuse people with Isaiah brinks 🛻)

BUT…

He’s a hybrid car. Iverson was a Lambo. 

Zeke was an economical fully loaded gas ⛽️ efficient.

Trae is a hybrid. But I think @TheNorthCydeRises was correct all along. Now he came out and said it himself. 

Trae needs to be Trae. That’s score first pass second, no matter how I want the opposite for him to be a pure pg, he grew up watching guys like Curry and Harden and they get theirs first.

My mentality was stuck with Trae and wanting him to facilitate like a Nash or Stockton, that’s not happening.

Be who you are. Score first. 

Here’s the issue though now, do we need to retool our roster through trades or a trade to get a better fit or is what we have now work with Trae the #1 scoring option?

41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae has the heart 💜 of  LORD ZEKE (not using Isiah (Lord) anymore to confuse people with Isaiah brinks 🛻)

BUT…

He’s a hybrid car. Iverson was a Lambo. 

Zeke was an economical fully loaded gas ⛽️ efficient.

Trae is a hybrid. But I think @TheNorthCydeRises was correct all along. Now he came out and said it himself. 

Trae needs to be Trae. That’s score first pass second, no matter how I want the opposite for him to be a pure pg, he grew up watching guys like Curry and Harden and they get theirs first.

My mentality was stuck with Trae and wanting him to facilitate like a Nash or Stockton, that’s not happening.

Be who you are. Score first. 

Here’s the issue though now, do we need to retool our roster through trades or a trade to get a better fit or is what we have now work with Trae the #1 scoring option?

How is he not trying to score? He's taken 44 shots(14-44)in the last 2 games...Hunter has only taken 20(17-20) as hot as he's been...He's missed more shots(30) than Hunter has taken(20)

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, shakes said:

If Collins is out will Nate move Hunter over to PF and then start Cam at SF?  Or does Huerter get the nod?

If Hill starts I might skip the game and watch Dune.

Should've listened to myself and watched Dune instead.    

Maybe it's because of the heightened expectations this year, but I'm not even enjoying watching the games this season.  Aside from the very first game vs Dallas and the game we won with a great final 3 quarters I've found every other game to be painful to watch, even the wins.

Right now this team not only sucks but there isn't any joy in watching them.  the total lack of effort on defense + the parade of bad shots is just making this a terrible team to watch.

As for Clint, I haven't seen him miss this many bunnies since last season's entire playoff run.    I told my wife before the game that Clint is basically a slightly worse and shorter version of Gobert.  Halfway through the game I corrected that statement and said he's actually a massively worse player than Gobert.