• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes you did say that. I think you and North just want Trae to Iverson himself.

Until this team gets a legit #2 scorer that can carry the load and be a #1 scorer, We need Trae to be aggressive.  Not shoot us out of the game, but be aggressive and not passive.

Turnover Trae, historically, is an indication that he's playing aggressive, because he's either trying to score, or make a lot of plays for others.

Passive Trae is not good for this team at this moment.  Our opponents know it.  That's why they fear Trae the scorer, more than Trae the passer.

But when Trae has it going, he's doing both at a high level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah you called it.

And it definitely showed in this game.  Indecisive as hell.

So he's shooting like shit and playing lazy defense because he's bored? lol

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Until this team gets a legit #2 scorer that can carry the load and be a #1 scorer, We need Trae to be aggressive.  Not shoot us out of the game, but be aggressive and not passive.

Turnover Trae, historically, is an indication that he's playing aggressive, because he's either trying to score, or make a lot of plays for others.

Passive Trae is not good for this team at this moment.  Our opponents know it.  That's why they fear Trae the scorer, more than Trae the passer.

But when Trae has it going, he's doing both at a high level.

So we drafted all of these 1st rdrs and maxed out in FA, but still dont have a #2 scorer or a legit backup PG? smh. Leave it to the Hawks to have the most FA $ in the worst year possible.....Derozan would look good in a Hawks uniform...

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How did I know you would back that. Oh ya, Trae launches from 35!!!! BANG! :laugh1: Y’all love Trae to score first then distribute second just admit it! 

Yes.  Because I can prove with data that the Hawks win at a much higher clip when Trae is scoring the ball, than when Trae has a high number of assists.

Like I said, we don't have a legit #2 scorer on this team.  Until we get one, Trae has to be the engine.

When he's scoring, people become more wide open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not happy with what Trae said. Comon man so many players are looking for a chance to play in the NBA, and he is here, I think that’s incentive enough. No?

I mean, if Trae loves playing with the his current teammates he should feel that’s incentive too, they underachieve and Schlenk might start moving pieces.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m not happy with what Trae said. Comon man so many players are looking for a chance to play in the NBA, and he is here, I think that’s incentive enough. No?

I mean, if Trae loves playing with the his current teammates he should feel that’s incentive too, they underachieve and Schlenk might start moving pieces.

And its not like he's been to the Playoffs more than ONCE..smh

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yes.  Because I can prove with data that the Hawks win at a much higher clip when Trae is scoring the ball, than when Trae has a high number of assists.

Like I said, we don't have a legit #2 scorer on this team.  Until we get one, Trae has to be the engine.

When he's scoring, people become more wide open.

Yup, and I’m totally ok with that. Again Trae is small but can handle a superhuman workload for sure. My preference is to keep him fresh for the playoffs with less wear and tear. Unfortunately, like you said until we get a consistent #2, he needs to shoulder the load.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

And its not like he's been to the Playoffs more than ONCE..smh

It just comes off cocky and that’s not who he is. I wish he said something else because people would love to pounce on him for lesser things. He’s the villain I guess.

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

So he's shooting like shit and playing lazy defense because he's bored? lol

He's not a lazy defender.  His defensive awareness is just poor.  And he's a small, but not physically strong guy.

He ball watches a little too much and loses track of his man, or the man closest to him.

Supes has explained it perfectly why his boredom is.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How did I know you would back that. Oh ya, Trae launches from 35!!!! BANG! :laugh1: Y’all love Trae to score first then distribute second just admit it! 

It's not even that - I just need him to be decisive one way or the other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not even that - I just need him to be decisive one way or the other.

Ya I did notice in a few instances he was stuck not knowing to pass or shoot. I mean Gobert is a big reason but I agree for sure. 

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

So we drafted all of these 1st rdrs and maxed out in FA, but still dont have a #2 scorer or a legit backup PG? smh. Leave it to the Hawks to have the most FA $ in the worst year possible.....Derozan would look good in a Hawks uniform...

No one wanted DeRozan here.  Or Lavine.  Or any other high scoring guard/forward that wasn't a perennial All-Star, or a guy who was leading his team to playoff success.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No one wanted DeRozan here.  Or Lavine.  Or any other high scoring guard/forward that wasn't a perennial All-Star, or a guy who was leading his team to playoff success.

Um, I would have liked for us to have Lavine at any point in  his career. I hated the Twolves gave him up for that fake hustle Butler.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I guess my point was mentioning trading Trae for another star still leaves us with One Star....so what was the point particularly since the idea is to pair him WITH one. 

I know the minute someone say consolidation trade it's all the starry eyes 🤩 stars.....it may not be that kind of player....it might be a Jrue Holiday type player, who was traded for Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, 2 1st and 2 1st swaps. Hawks own all their picks and we have Young players with potential on Rookie contracts.

If you think our players value is so low we can't trade for an IMPACTFUL player why trade them?

You gotta find a Jrue Holiday that's available. Last year, it was Lonzo Ball. The year before, Jrue Holiday. If I had to guess, this year it will be Collin Sexton. I know that's not appealing but it is what it is. A lot more buyers for studs than sellers.

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nope, I know I didn't. He just keeps improving with age but you can't lie, this might be the first season he's not a negative. Even in Toronto, he would come off as a negative. Odd to say the least. When was Lavine realistically ever available? 

23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Too bad we didnt get Ant man or L. Ball. Could have had another big time player. OO is just a run of the mill small ball big. 

It seems far but Atlanta tried to get both, especially Edwards but the price was too high.