• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Until this team gets a legit #2 scorer that can carry the load and be a #1 scorer, We need Trae to be aggressive.  Not shoot us out of the game, but be aggressive and not passive.

Turnover Trae, historically, is an indication that he's playing aggressive, because he's either trying to score, or make a lot of plays for others.

Passive Trae is not good for this team at this moment.  Our opponents know it.  That's why they fear Trae the scorer, more than Trae the passer.

But when Trae has it going, he's doing both at a high level.

This! These are also my exact thoughts and have always been! Everyone loves to talk about traes passing but fail to acknowledge when we are playing well it’s his aggressiveness to be the teams number one scorer , during that he typically makes the smart passes to his teammates he’s looking for during his scoring opportunities.

trae is naturally a scorer at heart and it seems like we have this conversation on the squawk every season. The comparisons to Nash type are ok but Trae is a scoring Steve Nash type or Allen iverson/Nash combo ….at heart he’s a scorer but he happens to have these outstanding playmaker skills to go along with that and he knows how and when to use it BETTER when the aggressiveness to find his shot first is his first mindset because that’s his natural instinct. He’s not like Nash who can dissect a team for 48 minutes and stay engage that way….traes impact offensively is being a scorer and naturally when that happens the impactful playmaker comes out at the same time.

i know I repeated myself in different ways several times but as hardcore fans it’s important we all understand this about trae as its been an obvious trait of his since college at Oklahoma and watched him closely then as well wanting the hawks to draft him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is three players on this roster that get PT that's bored right now. Go figure who they are. It should be easy, we know #1. The other two are bench players who shouldn't get time unless injury or matchup reasons and they are old.

Lou has been playing a long time and he’s done the regular season thing . I’m not surprised that he’s bored but he’s also not a starter or should be regular off the bench every game at this point in my opinion.

the other person you’re referring to must be gallo and same thing with him. Long time vet been through bad and great regular seasons with teams ….yeah I’m not shocked if all he wants to do is get to the playoffs. 

these two players are valuable to us though especially in the playoffs so I wouldn’t make any sudden moves if I’m Schlenk. We will start to gel in the regular season soon.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nate

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Collins

Capela 

Wright 

Kev

Cam

Solo

Dieng

Gallo can play in matchups that's odd like NY or Cleveland 

Solo def needs some minutes, just for energy. OO could have been useful right now too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

For better or worse, the Hawks were built around Trae being the Alpha. It doesn't work when he starts trying to be something else. 

This part.

Know where your bread os buttered. This team is built around Trae. Getting him going should be priority #1. 

This team is only special when Trae is special. If he is average, the depth on this roster doesn't matter because nobody else has the same "it" factor.

Teams FEAR Trae. They do not FEAR our depth. They all will live with us trying  to get other guys going all day everyday as  long as Trae doesn't leave the court with a 40 piece combo.

It's hard,  but we found this out last season once guys went down. Less mouths to feed, Trae could go off whenever he wanted.

Let him be the best player on the team. I promise you the rim starts looking bigger for role players when your star has it going. When teams are in panic mode trying to stop an elite player, shots become easier for everyone else.

LP had to learn and Nate will too, if your job is on the line you live and die with Trae Young, not the others. They will figure it out. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

So for an experiment in 2k22 on my PS5 I did trade finder for Bogi and Gallo and got back an offer for Paul George and some other guy for salary filler for those two plus our unprotected 2022 first rounder.

I did not do the trade but I know if the Clippers offered that to us then PG13 would be wearing a Hawks jersey today.

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

41 point 4th quarter for the jazz?   wow.  

Nets and Jazz should show us the issue.   They have weapons.  We have weapon.   No one but Trae gave us anything in the 4th and if they are not going to play D on top of it then we're screwed.   Everyone looked scared to have the ball in their hands. 

Also keep in mind the Jazz beat us without their best player. That is what really pissed me off.

59 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So for an experiment in 2k22 on my PS5 I did trade finder for Bogi and Gallo and got back an offer for Paul George and some other guy for salary filler for those two plus our unprotected 2022 first rounder.

I did not do the trade but I know if the Clippers offered that to us then PG13 would be wearing a Hawks jersey today.

Also keep in mind the Jazz beat us without their best player. That is what really pissed me off.

We were coming off a back to back too while the Jazz were fully rested. It really showed in the fourth quarter and the Hawks missing good looks all night.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I seriously forgot about Mitchell not playing. Geez.

I think they would've been easier to beat with Mitchell playing.  We played like we had no idea who to guard.  At least with Mitchell they could've focused on something.

• Like 2