• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

45 minutes ago, marco102 said:

JJ has looked completely loss on defense in the G league and the few minutes he's played during the regular season.  His man to man is pretty decent, but team defense is lacking a ton. 

Teams that can draw Capela out of the lane tend to torch us because the game plan is to funnel everything to him instead of playing good aggressive perimeter defense.  We don't really cause turnovers or anything. I'm not questioning Nate's game plan on defense though because we are without our better perimeter defenders. 

TLC has been a pleasant surprise for me.  He had a very solid game.  Cam didn't look to sick when the Cam on him so hopefully he can play tomorrow with Solo being out.

Maybe give Jalen some run with it being a back to back. 

Hawks need to find a young center....Not a PF trying to play center either.....Capela is a weak link on this team.....He can be taken out of the game too easily..

And you know good and well Nate wont play Jalen....lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, terrell said:

This.......As we've been saying...No team in NBA history has ever won anything of signifigance with a 6'0 ball dominant pg as its best player..And I dont think the Hawks will either...Especially with a punk ass center like Capela manning the middle..

I'll take Isiah Thomas for the Block!

I'll take Steph Curry for the Block!

I'll take Bob Cousy for the Block!

• Like 3

Next game is in less than 24 hours. 4 starters played at least 34 minutes. Gallo played 27 off the bench. Minus Solo, who will be out a while I assume, only 3 bench players played. 

We might be 12-14 on Friday after the Nets game....

And Houston(who just beat Charlotte) might take us down this time next week (if we dont pick it up the defense) to make it 5 staright home losses..

Dont let me down Hawks....

14-20 got LP fired..

I dont see that. but  I can see 16-20 on Jan 1 for sure...

We better get healthy and fast......

32 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Thomas was hands down the best player on those Pistons team and it isn't even up for debate. 

I didnt say he wasnt the best player..I said he was 2nd option...Dumars and Vinny closed out games..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

I dodnt say he wasnt the best player..I said he was 2nd 3rd option...Dumars and Vinny closed out games..

OMG...

This is got to be somebody that wasn't alive when the Bad Boys were playing basketball.   Just be honest... you did internet research for that one right?

Honestly, I don't remember Vinny Johnson on the floor when the games came down to the crunch time??  You would have had better luck if you said.. AD closed out games for the Pistons... or MA... but Vinny?  Wasn't he sitting on the end of the bench with Buddha and John Salley at the close of the games?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Steph was never a ball dominant pg.......Neither was Thomas..Isaiah was a pass 1st pg....Cousy? I aint that fkn old...

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

OMG...

This is got to be somebody that wasn't alive when the Bad Boys were playing basketball.   Just be honest... you did internet research for that one right?

Honestly, I don't remember Vinny Johnson on the floor when the games came down to the crunch time??  You would have had better luck if you said.. AD closed out games for the Pistons... or MA... but Vinny?  Wasn't he sitting on the end of the bench with Buddha and John Salley at the close of the games?

Im 51...

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

OMG...

Yeah I guess thats why Detroit retired the Microwaves number.....

https://pistonpowered.com/2020/07/09/detroit-pistons-vinnie-johnsons-greatest-playoff-moments/

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

It's been a time since we've talked about who we're built like and I would say.. we're in the image of....

Not the GS Warriors. 

but.

The Utah Jazz. 

Yeah.. Stockton to Malone...  Trae to JC.

Everything else runs off of that. 

The difference is that Stockton was more defensively tougher than Trae.  I actually think that Trae Meets Stockton as for as being a distributor.  But we have to get Trae's three point shooting Percent up. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Steph was never a ball dominant pg.......Neither was Thomas..Isaiah was a pass 1st pg....Cousy? I aint that fkn old...

Im 51...

Ok... Then you should remember that Zeke was definitely Ball dominant.  To say that Zeke is a pass first PG is to not understand Chuck Daly.   Zeke was an opportunistic scorer.   The way it worked is that if he had an advantage in the matchup, he was going to go for the score.  If the defense lined up to stop him, he became a passer until he can get his scoring back.   In a sense, him and Trae plays the exact same way.  Most of the time, when Zeke came down the lane, the defense would cut off the drive and he would go into offenses.  He had everybody under the sun that he could get the ball into to score.   But his first option was score.  You can't watch one Pistons game and see Zeke playing off the ball.   Every possession, his hand was on the ball until and unless he passed it. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Ok... Then you should remember that Zeke was definitely Ball dominant.  To say that Zeke is a pass first PG is to not understand Chuck Daly.   Zeke was an opportunistic scorer.   The way it worked is that if he had an advantage in the matchup, he was going to go for the score.  If the defense lined up to stop him, he became a passer until he can get his scoring back.   In a sense, him and Trae plays the e ran the fkn offense exact same way.  Most of the time, when Zeke came down the lane, the defense would cut off the drive and he would go into offenses.  He had everybody under the sun that he could get the ball into to score.   But his first option was score.  You can't watch one Pistons game and see Zeke playing off the ball.   Every possession, his hand was on the ball until and unless he passed it. 

He ran the offense...Trae goes Rogue in the clutch..

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Cousy had Bill Russell.. 

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

A lot of dumb shit that usually gets us in trouble....

Oh... 
You mean bad shots...  No Doubt.   I hate the 30 footer. 

However, that doesn't mean that he doesn't run the offense.   He's young.  Young players do dumb shit.  ask Kobe fans.   Ask Shaq Fans.    Trae is a Young STAR ..  Blazing hot.   Breaking records.  He has to navigate that.  But that doesn't mean that he doesn't run the offense. 

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

So Bob Cousy was better than Bill Russell? lol

Just now, Diesel said:
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

So Bob Cousy was better than Bill Russell? lol

Cousy was in his 6th year before Russell ever showed up. 

14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Oh... 
You mean bad shots...  No Doubt.   I hate the 30 footer. 

However, that doesn't mean that he doesn't run the offense.   He's young.  Young players do dumb shit.  ask Kobe fans.   Ask Shaq Fans.    Trae is a Young STAR ..  Blazing hot.   Breaking records.  He has to navigate that.  But that doesn't mean that he doesn't run the offense. 

Lambieer, Mahorn,  definitely wouldnt put up with those shots... lol

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Cousy was in his 6th year before Russell ever showed up. 

And they hadnt won anything.. And it's telling that we have to go back this far in time........

Edited by terrell

Something is wrong with capela. You don’t just regress like that overnight plus he’s still young.

I believe he’s playing hurt. The bunnies come from Achilles soreness were he doesn’t want to jump off it too aggressively…that’s my guess anyways

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

Something is wrong with capela. You don’t just regress like that overnight plus he’s still young.

I believe he’s playing hurt. The bunnies come from Achilles soreness were he doesn’t want to jump off it too aggressively…that’s my guess anyways

yeah, he's looked especially bad after the three days off last week.  

When Onyeka gets back, they may rest him.

• Like 1